Author Topic: Mason Holgate  (Read 27667 times)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Mason Holgate Signs
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2019, 01:11:13 AM »
Welcome Mason, some much needed youth in our team. Make a name for yourself at our great club.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2019, 01:13:57 PM »
The reports on him look promising, and I'm hoping he will be strong competition for the right back slot. Must say, I'm having to fight my prejuduce against doing business with Everton,  as we always seem to come off badly. Can't recall anything Galloway achieved here of note (where is he now BTW?), and as for Anichebe, one of the greatest rip-offs in modern transfer history.
Anyway, lets hope Holgate bucks the trend.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2019, 09:05:38 PM »
On paper this looks promising. Let's see how he fairs v Wigan. Good luck son
O Albion we love you

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2019, 07:25:11 PM »
Looked fine to me today. I think he will do well for us. Tosin looked good today i thought , and with him playing on the left side, Bartley looked much more comfortable on the right side too. 

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2019, 07:30:04 PM »
Looked fine to me today. I think he will do well for us. Tosin looked good today i thought , and with him playing on the left side, Bartley looked much more comfortable on the right side too.

Agreed on all points. I think Holgate has to come in to replace Tosin, but we now have 4 centre backs all looking a lot more comfortable and if either Hegazi or Dawson don’t make it then I don’t see that being a massive issue when it was a huge worry a few games ago.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2019, 07:38:18 PM »
Mason was very tidy today. Tackled well, has a nice touch, has skill and pace and nearly scored after a weaving run, just sadly lacked the power in the shot. And nearly scored a header. Not a bad debut for a defender.

You watch some players and think "how are they signed to a PL club?" but with Mason it's clear why he has played so many games for Everton. Hopefully DM and the coaching staff won't coach the confidence and skill out of him.

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2019, 12:12:51 PM »
I'd love to know who picked his squad number 68 ;D
If it was him, then fair play to win over the fans - classy move.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2019, 12:26:17 PM »
I'd love to know who picked his squad number 68 ;D
If it was him, then fair play to win over the fans - classy move.
apparently it’s because we already have 67 registered players and nyom was registered with the league as number 2, just a coincidence he’s ended up with 68
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2019, 12:55:18 PM »
Thought he was very good on Saturday - you can see the difference with somebody playing at right back who knows the role and is more comfortable there. Might be just what we need to balance the team, while also being a touch more defensively minded than Gibbs on the other side.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2019, 01:00:51 PM »
Thought he was very good on Saturday - you can see the difference with somebody playing at right back who knows the role and is more comfortable there. Might be just what we need to balance the team, while also being a touch more defensively minded than Gibbs on the other side.

Agree with you there, his move in the box just before half time took most of the Smethwick End out, let alone the Wigan defender.......lovely movement and he looks very confident. Well done to whoever secured his services.
MAGA!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Re: The one big thread for unconfirmed rumours & tat
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2019, 02:53:01 PM »
Holgate is a centre back pressed into action at full back. Reminds me of Andre Wisdom. Will be a poor signing.

;D

Extremely early days, but I thought he has looked superb both games thus far. Offers us some natural width on that side that we have lacked all season thus far.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2019, 03:15:56 PM »
;D

Extremely early days, but I thought he has looked superb both games thus far. Offers us some natural width on that side that we have lacked all season thus far.

Agree thought he was excellent... last time I ask Bitter Blues at work about the capability of one of their young players. Clueless.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2019, 03:17:33 PM »

Agree thought he was excellent... last time I ask Bitter Blues at work about the capability of one of their young players. Clueless.

Teflon Terry's back in the house  :P  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2019, 04:12:15 PM »
You can see he is premiership quality.. Put some cracking crosses in yesterday.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2019, 04:21:16 PM »
You can see he is premiership quality.. Put some cracking crosses in yesterday.

Lets hope Everton keep on wining without him, he becomes surplus to requirement and we can buy at the end of the season if we get promoted. Everton owe us one after there last sale to us anyway ;D

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2019, 06:18:27 PM »
It was a great performance from mh yesterday, but trying that shot that went for a throwing should have been a hard and low cross for hrk to miss.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2019, 06:42:08 PM »
I must say, although I thought he was a very accomplished defender, I did not realise how good he was going forward. His delivers were superb.

Early days, two games in, but initial reservations about him being not good enough going forward look to have been nipped in the bud early!

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2019, 06:59:44 PM »
We will look back at addressing the right back issue as very important come the end of the season I'm sure, just hope he stays fit.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2019, 07:48:22 PM »
It appears by consensus that the RB situation is resolved, now we need to move on to a younger attacking midfielder and another striker to give us a real chance of promotion

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Mason Holgate (on loan from Everton)
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2019, 11:03:48 PM »
Special mention for Holgate.

Has been superb since he’s signed, given us a real balance at the back now, constant outlet on the wing, couple of assists already, has that fiery side to him and loves a tackle.

Brilliant piece of business.

Out of all the loans he would be the one I would be pushing to get in on a permanent.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2019, 12:42:58 AM »
A very good signing a good player, and nothing like Andre Wisdom.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »
Superb performance yesterday, and walking the tightrope after an early booking.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2019, 04:08:12 PM »
A very good player but prehaps a bit too passionate. But then again that is what makes him the player he is. As Mister AT says should be looking to buy him at the end of the season.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2019, 04:14:50 PM »
If we get promoted we should sign him permanently and will probably attempt to do so. If we are still in the championship however I doubt that we could get a deal done.
I agree with all on here, he’s been excellent in the main.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2019, 04:16:08 PM »
I would love for us to sign him permanently, but I guess it depends what division we will be in and the price tag.

He is great young footballer, is very good going forward, needs a little more coaching on his defensive skills and as others have said he has passion and commitment, two valuable assets
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.