Author Topic: 29 Mar 2019 Albion 3 Birmingham City 2  (Read 45945 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2019, 12:06:12 PM »
True. Although we will have about five or six better results than our rivals; so a goal each (1-0 losses for them, 1-0 wins for us) would nullify goal difference; but obviously still need to work on it. If we were chasing 1 team I feel we have a chance but can't see both teams slipping up; and certainly not Norwich to fall back that badly.
Agree re Norwich, they have by far the easiest run in. Tomorrow is their hardest game and it may not be the worst result in the world if they win as it will but Boro back.
All about us though, we just have to keep winning, by any means necessary. We have no long term plan at the minute so it's just one game at a time trying to get maximum points regardless of style, luck or anything else.
I'm still gutted that Moore didn't work out and think he could have been given more time but no-one is bigger than the club so we move on. I'm actually liking the cut of Shan's jib at the minute, yes he's been a bit fortunate in his two games, especially against Swansea, but a win's a win and I hope he can keep it going.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2019, 01:35:02 PM »
I agree that ticket prices are really good value, but for a lot of fans that is less than 30% of the cost of a day at the Hawthorns, for me a typica non-typical 15:00 saturday kick off costs
3 hours travel each way
add an hour for parking / exiting car park,
2 hours in ground typically = a total of 9 hours, plus any travel delays.

£60 fuel
£20 food and drink (driving, so 1 beer only)
£5 parking
£3.50 programme
£20 ticket

so 9 hours and in excess of 100 notes, it take some justifying !

Games on weekday nights are a non-starter because travel can be anything from 3 hours to 5 hours, so require an afternoon off work. Consequently I pick and choose and will more often go to away games which involve less travel. Yes when i lived locally I had a season ticket but that only lasted a couple of seasons when I moved away.

Now the controversial bit, the West Mids ain't the best place in Uk to live and those lucky enough to get the chance will often move away so I don't think that I am untypical, a minority yes, but not that unusual. Where I live (middle of no-where) I know fans of sheff utd / sheff wed / leeds / most of the london clubs / glory hunters / Burton / Posh / Leicester and so on fans the tribes have spread far and wide around the country and clubs need to find a way to address this creatively.

I am convinced that WBA are no different in this respect to other clubs and YES I would love to go to wembley and see us in a play off final (prefer automatic) and I make no apologies for this.

Due to your reasons above yes mate you are the minority i would say that has to have such considerable costs to get to a WBA match unfortunately.

however, i know of many WBA fans who live within a 10 mile radius of the ground and never ever go to games yet constantly give their opinion on social media about us which of course they are entitled to and some people cannot jusity £20 because of various reasons.

my point is, it is frustrating that a lot of fans complained the cost of the ticket was the excuse where this season i have not heard that excuse once. what is the excuse for those fans now??

in my view, the majority is fans who live in the area and choose not to go yet when there is a big game try what ever they can to get tickets which is frustrating for myself and other fans who go to every home game and numerous away games. it doesent affect me in no way shape or form but still frustrating.

for somebody who lives within a 10 mile radius could be something like this...

£20 match day ticket
£5 bus/tram travel
£8 - pie & pint
£3.50 - programme

total - £36.50

less than £40 for a day/afternoon out is fantastic value for money. with a season ticket it worked out to £14 a game.

finally, i dont think the club rewards the more loyal fans enough either in my opinion. even something small like a voucher for a free drink to people who renew a season ticket as a small thank you for the continued custom.

each and every season i contemplate if i should renew because this year and probably the last 10 i spend around £1,700-£2000 a year following albion home and away and the time aswell i spend is quite a lot.

with how it is looking at the moment i am 50-50 of renewing for next season.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2019, 01:43:00 PM »
Due to your reasons above yes mate you are the minority i would say that has to have such considerable costs to get to a WBA match unfortunately.

however, i know of many WBA fans who live within a 10 mile radius of the ground and never ever go to games yet constantly give their opinion on social media about us which of course they are entitled to and some people cannot jusity £20 because of various reasons.

my point is, it is frustrating that a lot of fans complained the cost of the ticket was the excuse where this season i have not heard that excuse once. what is the excuse for those fans now??

in my view, the majority is fans who live in the area and choose not to go yet when there is a big game try what ever they can to get tickets which is frustrating for myself and other fans who go to every home game and numerous away games. it doesent affect me in no way shape or form but still frustrating.

£20 match day ticket
£5 bus/tram travel
£8 - pie & pint
£3.50 - programme

total - £36.50

less than £40 for a day/afternoon out is fantastic value for money. with a season ticket it worked out to £14 a game.

finally, i dont think the club rewards the more loyal fans enough either in my opinion. even something small like a voucher for a free drink to people who renew a season ticket as a small thank you for the continued custom.

each and every season i contemplate if i should renew because this year and probably the last 10 i spend around £1,700-£2000 a year following albion home and away and the time aswell i spend is quite a lot.

Renew. Come on man let's be having you. (No I'm not Delia Smith).

All these extra costs, people mention (in general). You don't have to buy a programme, you don't have to have food and drink (have them at home) and you don't have to spend any more money other than for your ticket other than to get to and from games.

I live in Oldbury. Once I have my season ticket it costs me £2.30 for a train return ticket, that is all on match days unless I choose to do other things but that's MY choice.

The cost thing for local fans is no excuse at all. Less than £25.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2019, 01:55:02 PM »

£20 match day ticket
£5 bus/tram travel
£8 - pie & pint
£3.50 - programme

total - £36.50

I cannot argue about ticket pricing, it represents good value,
Football "style" was clearly an issue under the coward Pulis and its fair to say that this has been much better this season so I don't accept that is an issue
Societal changes are definitely a factor, pubs open all day, footy on the box / internet, much as per the demise of pubs, times change and those who don't adapt will wither and die.

Still we will all have FIFA and Fortnite (sp?) to play !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2019, 04:49:40 PM »

Renew. Come on man let's be having you. (No I'm not Delia Smith).

All these extra costs, people mention (in general). You don't have to buy a programme, you don't have to have food and drink (have them at home) and you don't have to spend any more money other than for your ticket other than to get to and from games.

I live in Oldbury. Once I have my season ticket it costs me £2.30 for a train return ticket, that is all on match days unless I choose to do other things but that's MY choice.

The cost thing for local fans is no excuse at all. Less than £25.

you are definitley right in what you are saying mate. 100%.
i think once its in your blood you find it difficult to let go. like i say ive been saying every march for the past 10 years, shall i renew, not sure and always do. even though the years under pulis was a closer decision, if its going to the albion or ikea with the mrs on a saturday, there is always only one winner.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2019, 04:50:40 PM »
think Blues is going to be a lot harder game than some people think to be honest.

we got away with it at their place earlier in the season but if we set up the right way, we should win.

COYB.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »
No tickets showing on sale for me?

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2019, 05:39:03 PM »
No tickets showing on sale for me?

There is for me, are you a member and logged into the ticket site?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2019, 06:00:10 PM »
My fault, being a dolt. Didn't see the bit saying not going on general sale haha.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2019, 06:35:54 PM »
The problem with these ticket sale stats from the website is that they include season tickets in the sold numbers. For example against Swansea the whole of the Smethwick was showing as sold out however on the day there were a good few hundred empty seats. So those total numbers aren't going to be totally accurate regarding number of supporters attending.

More annoyed that the fan zone isn't open and the Oak/Vine are likely to be heaving as the ground isn't serving Blues fans alcohol.

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2019, 07:12:50 PM »

More annoyed that the fan zone isn't open and the Oak/Vine are likely to be heaving as the ground isn't serving Blues fans alcohol.

Seems way over the top to not allow the Blues fans to have a beer in the ground?

It's not as if the fixture is known for having problems between the supporters is it?

Appreciate this may be a decision taken by the WM Police rather than Albion but seems a bit petty to me.     

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2019, 07:43:47 PM »
Beat Blue noses and put pressure on teams above us, should be doing this lot 2-0. wouldn't be surprised if teams around us drop points this weekend.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2019, 09:02:56 PM »
Barely selling any tickets now. We might just scrape over 25,000 (total attendance).

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2019, 04:12:19 PM »
That's work done and dusted so off to the pub and maybe a curry and then the footie is back thank goodness
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2019, 04:56:55 PM »
Feels like an age since I’ve watched us play.

On the train now, COYB

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2019, 05:46:15 PM »
Well, a couple of hours till kick off:

East Stand        850
Brummie Road  345
West Stand       234
Smethwick        Sold Out

Remaining:  1,429

Looks like a gate of around 25,000.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2019, 06:14:05 PM »
COYB.  Get this one right and put a worry in the heads of the others for tomorrow.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2019, 06:14:46 PM »
Is it on Sky?

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2019, 06:25:59 PM »
Is it on Sky?
It better be. I’ve ordered a taxi to the bar already.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2019, 06:29:29 PM »
It better be. I’ve ordered a taxi to the bar already.
Tis mate  8)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2019, 06:39:38 PM »
A good excuse to go to the pub then. :) Bath running.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2019, 07:02:27 PM »
Livermore in, Johansen out. What do these succession of coaches see on a match day that nobody else does? Hopefully Morrison and Brunt can hide his shortcomings in possession of a football.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2019, 07:09:45 PM »
Johnstone, Holgate, Dawson, Hegazi, Townsend, Livermore, Morrison, Brunt, Edwards, Gayle, Rodriguez. Hardly a team to inspire me.  Subs: Bond, Barley, Mears, Johanssen, Harper, Murphy, Robson-Kanu. I was going to have a bet on us tonight but I think I'll keep my money in my pocket.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 07:12:20 PM by royhan »

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2019, 07:12:17 PM »
What’s happened to Gareth Barry? Hasn’t been in the squad for a while.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2019, 07:16:28 PM »
its the SOTV derby lol
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter