Author Topic: 13 Apr 2019 Albion 4 Preston 1  (Read 29611 times)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2019, 05:04:08 PM »
I'd like to see Johnstone down on the bench for this one. He needs a shakeup after some poor performances lately.
You have to to have competition for places in every position.
Now that's a novel idea mate.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2019, 07:07:21 PM »
If it’s true that we are set to appoint Alex Neil early next week I hope that in a perverse way it actually motivates our lot to put in a performance. Or is that over optimistic?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2019, 08:32:06 PM »
No optimism, can only see defeat.
1-2

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2019, 08:42:08 PM »
1-2
The players and management are dragging us down to their level.
No desire to be seen in whatever level, from the board down.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2019, 08:58:40 PM »
If it’s true that we are set to appoint Alex Neil early next week I hope that in a perverse way it actually motivates our lot to put in a performance. Or is that over optimistic?

If that's true I wouldn't have thought that Neil would be in charge of Preston for Saturday
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2019, 02:28:12 AM »
1-2
Thats funny... I think 1-2 IS optimistic. I was thinking 0-3 or 1-4

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2019, 08:10:20 AM »
For the rest of the season now I'd give up trying to do anything fancy with this lot. 3-5-2 Defend deep, play direct and get the front two to run the channels much like Hughes and Roberts used to do. Patience lost with Johnstone and Livermore, neither play again baring injuries.

Team plus replacements below each in event of injuries / suspensions:

Bond
                                                 (Johnstone)

Holgate             Dawson              Hegazi
                        (Livermore)       (Bartley)            (Adarabioyo)

Edwards          Phillips                Barry                  Johansen                  Gibbs
(Mears)           (Harper)             (Field)                (Brunt)                    (Townsend)

Gayle                                            Rodriguez
                     (Robson-Kanu)                               (Murphy)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 09:30:28 AM »
1-2 PNE
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2019, 09:43:29 AM »
Blimey, the doom merchants are well and truly out!

We will nick this 2-1 I think. They will be out to impress Alex
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2019, 10:14:47 AM »
Why does Sam Field never get in the squad? Rarely on the losing side when he plays ,accurate passer,good box to box player.

Don't quote me on this but I read a rumour on another site which suggests he's been suffering with shin splints.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2019, 10:28:56 AM »
Don't quote me on this but I read a rumour on another site which suggests he's been suffering with shin splints.

I know he's 20 now but I've often wondered if Sam has a bit of an issue with his natural growth. I'm not talking about his height he seems light in as much as he doesn't look like he has the frame of a man yet and he seems to get niggle after niggle.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2019, 11:09:10 AM »
Backside splints as well mate, I reckon. ???
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2019, 11:38:12 AM »
Go one down and I think it'll be a long afternoon , heads will drop quickly I fear . Can see something like 1-3
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2019, 11:41:35 AM »
I've had them, used to hurt like ****!  :(
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2019, 11:51:21 AM »

I know he's 20 now but I've often wondered if Sam has a bit of an issue with his natural growth. I'm not talking about his height he seems light in as much as he doesn't look like he has the frame of a man yet and he seems to get niggle after niggle.
Wasn't he a very late grower ? , have a feeling he was part of a late development programme.
Played in the Under 23's last week so must be fit
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2019, 01:14:46 PM »

Wasn't he a very late grower ? , have a feeling he was part of a late development programme.
Played in the Under 23's last week so must be fit

Yes, Sam was/is a late developer and also came from the 'late developer programme'. As posted elsewhere I watched an online interview with Stephen Hopcroft a while back where he stated Sam had also barely played football over an eighteenth month period as a teenager due to back problems.

I'm NOT comparing the two as players, but in terms of physical development Steven Gerrard struggled with injuries as a young pro' too. His skeleton developed quicker than his muscular frame leading to biomechanical imbalance and left him prone to muscular injury.

Sam may well have similar issues (I don't know for certain). He turns twenty one in May. Hopefully any ongoing work with physios and trainers will align with his natural development for things to balance themselves out before too long.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2019, 04:10:47 PM »
Yes, Sam was/is a late developer and also came from the 'late developer programme'. As posted elsewhere I watched an online interview with Stephen Hopcroft a while back where he stated Sam had also barely played football over an eighteenth month period as a teenager due to back problems.

I'm NOT comparing the two as players, but in terms of physical development Steven Gerrard struggled with injuries as a young pro' too. His skeleton developed quicker than his muscular frame leading to biomechanical imbalance and left him prone to muscular injury.

Sam may well have similar issues (I don't know for certain). He turns twenty one in May. Hopefully any ongoing work with physios and trainers will align with his natural development for things to balance themselves out before too long.

Thanks for that mate, interesting. It does go some way towards explaining a few things.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2019, 09:04:49 PM »
Where has the over negativity come from, personally I think the glass is well over half full
There may have been some off days but even carrying the deadwood, this team should at least be a match

4-1
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2019, 11:16:16 PM »
Fed up with this Albion board/hierarchy. Rang my dad tonight to tell him I wasn't going up tomorrow. Got nothing else on, just haven't got it in me, out of the house for 8 or 9 hours to watch Shan bungle his way through another attritional 90 minutes. CEO sitting on his hands counting his pennies. All the rumours point to the most underwhelming appointment since A'F'I. I just don't know where we go from here. Well I do, back to the lower reaches of the 2nd tier where it all started for me. Problem is it's a different time, it won't be the same, it'll be sanitised, mind numbing, low quality fare.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Ross

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2019, 02:42:38 AM »
3-1. If the right side is selected who can attack with intent I.e. no brunt & Livermore, coupled with the added zest of potentially being on trial for the new boss and Preston’s recent bad run, I can see us feeling happier at 4:50.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2019, 10:08:11 AM »
Well to add to the shambles the local rag seems to think it is an away game today against PNE
"West Brom make their big decision as awkward afternoon at Preston looms"
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-manager-alex-neil-16123379
You couldn't make it up!
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2019, 10:11:07 AM »
Fed up with this Albion board/hierarchy. Rang my dad tonight to tell him I wasn't going up tomorrow. Got nothing else on, just haven't got it in me, out of the house for 8 or 9 hours to watch Shan bungle his way through another attritional 90 minutes. CEO sitting on his hands counting his pennies. All the rumours point to the most underwhelming appointment since A'F'I. I just don't know where we go from here. Well I do, back to the lower reaches of the 2nd tier where it all started for me. Problem is it's a different time, it won't be the same, it'll be sanitised, mind numbing, low quality fare.
This I should great news, if your acuracy on the plight of the dingles is repeated ..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2019, 10:42:04 AM »
Matchday update:

East Stand                   790
Brummie Road              561
West Stand                  70
Smethwick                   Sold Out

Remaining:  1,421

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2019, 10:45:40 AM »
We'll win today, I can feel it. Nice weather too, perfect afternoon for a game of football. What could possibly go wrong?

3-1 Albion.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2019, 11:02:22 AM »
I have no expectations today. Almost every prediction I've made has been wrong. This is my last match for the league season as I have work on the rest of the match days. If we make the play offs and they are week days I may go up.

Today's pivital. Win and we could build up a nice little streak heading into the play offs. Lose and we'll go out on a whimper.