Author Topic: 10 Apr 2024 Albion 2 Rotherham United 0  (Read 5506 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2024, 09:29:31 AM »
Comfortable evening, relatively, which should have been much more comfortable but for some of the worst finishing you’re ever likely to see at any level.

Ahead of what will be something of a battle on Saturday I think, it was good that we were able to relatively coast through the game in second gear and rest some players as the game went on.

Win Saturday and I think we are definitely there

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2024, 10:01:54 AM »
Comfortable without really getting out of 2nd/3rd gear.  Important to give M'Vila, Maja, Philips and Reach more minutes.
Reach had a good game and was probably man of the match.
BTA should have scored more but Swift also missed a good chance. On another night we score 4 or 5.
As well as Reach played I'd have Townsend back in for Sunderland as he is a better defender and going forward there's not too much difference between them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2024, 12:57:09 PM »
Anyone feel inclined to pop over to the Rotherham Forum and say sorry for the referee?
And add well done to 100 odd who made the trip down
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2024, 01:53:43 PM »
Overall we did just about enough, but I don't think it was one of our better performances. We didn't create that much and the few chances we did were wasted (mainly through BTA). A better team than Rotherham would probably have scored.
I hope it was a case of CC using it to give minutes to as many squad players as possible. But as he would probably say, a lot of our football lacked intensity.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #254 on: April 11, 2024, 02:12:10 PM »
Although I am mainly against VAR, the ref made a good case for it.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2024, 02:50:06 PM »
Ref: Geoff Eltringham
1st Ass: George Byrne
2nd Ass: Carl Flitch-Jackson
4th Off: John Busby

Reffed our 2-2 at QPR.

He was due to be fourth official for the Burnley v Brighton game this coming Saturday.

I wonder whether last night's performance means otherwise now.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2024, 04:53:11 PM »
Probably knows himself he made a blunder. If not, his wife or partner, needs to urgently book an appointment for him at an optician.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2024, 07:59:53 PM »
Comfortable without really getting out of 2nd/3rd gear.  Important to give M'Vila, Maja, Philips and Reach more minutes.
Reach had a good game and was probably man of the match.

I'm normally berating the use of Townsend and Reach but I agree he was excellent in that game. I'd be happy to see more of that. My wife was killing herself laughing at me for saying how good Reach was - "I can't believe you're saying that!"

I love being wrong. Sometimes.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: April 12, 2024, 12:00:15 AM »
Anyone feel inclined to pop over to the Rotherham Forum and say sorry for the referee?

No that's the one we were owed from when Jordao had the ball about 4 meters over the line against them when we got promoted under Megson- cost us 2 points fortunately we didn't need it to surpass the Dingles as they imploded.

Professional but was bored the second half. BTA should have had 2. Swift also fluffed a chance from that Fellows cut back. Reach did well but he isn't a defender and wouldn't want him playing left back against a better team. Follow it up Saturday lads
O Albion we love you

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #259 on: April 12, 2024, 03:22:16 AM »
When I watched the highlights I thought when Swift hit his over the bar early on from Fellows, I thought you were all a bit harsh on him and thought it was a difficult chance. But then Andy Johnson said he should have buried it so what do I know.

Definitely think BTA stuffed up, especially when he was one on one and through on goal.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2024, 07:54:39 AM »
Although I am mainly against VAR, the ref made a good case for it.

I suppose that would depend on whether Mike Dean was on VAR duty and if he thought it best to avoid a mate some blushes.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #261 on: April 12, 2024, 11:45:37 AM »
When I watched the highlights I thought when Swift hit his over the bar early on from Fellows, I thought you were all a bit harsh on him and thought it was a difficult chance. But then Andy Johnson said he should have buried it so what do I know.

Definitely think BTA stuffed up, especially when he was one on one and through on goal.
I thought the keeper made an excellent save with the one on one.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.