Author Topic: We know what we are!  (Read 4890 times)

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

We know what we are!
« on: February 02, 2014, 12:02:31 PM »
Relegated!  ;)

Seriously though I think a small section of our 'fans' set us all up for a fall 18month ago with this song.

We were punching well above our weight while Villa were below where they should be.

The positions we are in now is probably a true reflection of where both teams should be.

The only concern for me is the fact we are on a downward spiral with players who seem (on previous results) to lack any bottle.

Do we have the type of players for a relegation scrap? I don't think we do.

As I say we are where we should be given our spending power (or lack of) but given the circumstances I do think we may struggle.

I can't help but feel we're repeating the great surrender season.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:04:03 PM by dangerman »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: We know what we are!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:23:35 PM »
Hide the sharp instruments!
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 12:25:09 PM »
don't worry just yet i'm sure we will sign the players in the transfer window to keep us up.... oh...... :-[
Baggie Terra

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:07:09 PM »
Why have you put fans in inverted commas?? Another strange topic.  :-*
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 06:34:25 PM »
Relegated!  ;)

Seriously though I think a small section of our 'fans' set us all up for a fall 18month ago with this song.

We were punching well above our weight while Villa were below where they should be.

The positions we are in now is probably a true reflection of where both teams should be.

The only concern for me is the fact we are on a downward spiral with players who seem (on previous results) to lack any bottle.

Do we have the type of players for a relegation scrap? I don't think we do.

As I say we are where we should be given our spending power (or lack of) but given the circumstances I do think we may struggle.

I can't help but feel we're repeating the great surrender season.

What!!

It's called banter mate and the "fans" who like a bit of a sing song deserve praise rather than having a dig, at least in my view for what it's worth (naff all admittedly).

The fact that this particular chant has got a bit of a reaction (from cardboard cut out Villa fans in particular) surely shows it was well worth it!

I'm sure after we've had a chance to regroup over the Summer, that from next season, the natural order of the past few seasons will be resumed again and the chant will return.  8)

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 07:00:41 PM »
if we get relegated,it will be down to stupid starting line ups,tactics and substitions ala,clarke,downing and pepe at villa park,today was the best starting lineup in ages and its not rocket science to know it,hopefully we can turn things round,hopefully anelka stays injured and Olsson recovers in days

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 07:04:12 PM »
if we get relegated,it will be down to stupid starting line ups,tactics and substitions ala,clarke,downing and pepe at villa park,today was the best starting lineup in ages and its not rocket science to know it,hopefully we can turn things round,hopefully anelka stays injured and Olsson recovers in days

Really? Because we kept a clean sheet after Olsson went off injured and we had to bring Anichebe on to look effective going forward... Not rocket science? I'm just glad some of our fans aren't involved in tactics/team selections.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »

So the players get off without any criticism? You can blame tactics and substitutions all you want but too many of our players have failed to perform this season and only a few have shown they actually have a spine.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 07:56:58 PM »
Really? Because we kept a clean sheet after Olsson went off injured and we had to bring Anichebe on to look effective going forward... Not rocket science? I'm just glad some of our fans aren't involved in tactics/team selections.
we made a very good Liverpool team look average especially 2nd half,if had started with lugano today we would have lost,just like at villa park,if we had started with mcauley and jones at villa park we would have won,and 90 percent of the fans would have done that,the tactics and team selection are our downfall this season

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 08:02:46 PM »
So the players get off without any criticism? You can blame tactics and substitutions all you want but too many of our players have failed to perform this season and only a few have shown they actually have a spine.
I agree entirely too many have our players have underperformed,but successive coaches keep playing them and leaving them on the pitch the entire game,in past premier league relegations we could say that we really didn't have the quality,what im saying this time round its mainly down to tactics and team selection,ie right up to villa park,reid and lugano over mcauley and jones

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 08:03:50 PM »
we made a very good Liverpool team look average especially 2nd half,if had started with lugano today we would have lost,just like at villa park,if we had started with mcauley and jones at villa park we would have won,and 90 percent of the fans would have done that,the tactics and team selection are our downfall this season

Surely making Liverpool look average is an achievement on our part?

We conceded with Olsson on the pitch and we didn't when Lugano was which sort of defies your crystal ball logic of Lugano starting = certain defeat.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 08:18:24 PM »
Surely making Liverpool look average is an achievement on our part?

We conceded with Olsson on the pitch and we didn't when Lugano was which sort of defies your crystal ball logic of Lugano starting = certain defeat.
yes that's what I am saying it was a great achievement in making Liverpool look average,if lugano starts games we will be relegated,he is the slowest player ive ever seen,foster and yacob saved him twice today he costs us every game,olson injured himself today stopping a certain goal,that lugano would have been nowhere near, lugano is the worst centre back I have ever seen at the club,you don't need a crystal ball its right before your eyes

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 08:21:38 PM »

But the second half wasn't the original team selection AND Lugano played the entire second half. Your argument is completely flawed and you're tying yourself up in knots trying to suggest the team YOU would have picked got us a point when it didn't. A substitute equalised... Give it up.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 08:28:52 PM »
yes that's what I am saying it was a great achievement in making Liverpool look average,if lugano starts games we will be relegated,he is the slowest player ive ever seen,foster and yacob saved him twice today he costs us every game,olson injured himself today stopping a certain goal,that lugano would have been nowhere near, lugano is the worst centre back I have ever seen at the club,you don't need a crystal ball its right before your eyes

The worst centre back you have ever seen? I can only imagine you didn't support us prior to this season then?

Yes he has not looked entirely convincing but you are going way over the line there. First season in the PL and has only made 6 league appearances for us. I think he might need a tad longer to adjust. I thought his positioning was much better today after his issues against Villa.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 08:31:14 PM »
if lugano had started we would have lost as we will every game he starts,yacob and foster got him out of 2 huge mistakes every time he was directly attacked he lost out,are you trying to say you would play lugano over olson,if so I will give it up now,and offcourse anchibe was bound to be introduced at some point,my point is it was the best starting team selection in ages and got a decent result

fireymoosse

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 08:37:24 PM »
Maybe because at least Lugano is trying, whilst Olssson seems to be getting caught well out of position a lot lately, is why Lugano appears to be poor, however I think at least he is trying

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 08:38:40 PM »
The worst centre back you have ever seen? I can only imagine you didn't support us prior to this season then?

Yes he has not looked entirely convincing but you are going way over the line there. First season in the PL and has only made 6 league appearances for us. I think he might need a tad longer to adjust. I thought his positioning was much better today after his issues against Villa.
supported for 35 seasons,this guy is the slowest player ive ever seen in the top 2 flights of English football,let alone just at the albion he is a total liability,how many games do you want him to cost us before he might adjust today he was terrible,foster saved him once,yacob the other and finally he got booked,he will get us relegated if he plays

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 08:53:08 PM »
Elkiellis if Lugano is the worst centre back you've ever seen and you've supported Albion for 35 years have you created yourself a mental block?

Shelton Martis, Stacy North, Kevin Steggles  Matt Carbon, Paul Dyson, Paul Raven, Daryl Burgess, Tony Butler, Darren Purse, Sekou Berthe, Abdoulaye Meite to name a few.

Lugano is an experienced international defender. OK he isn't looking great at the moment but are you seriously trying to tell me the above are better than him? He's playing against the likes of Suarez, Sturridge etc not Kevin Francis.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 08:55:42 PM »
Elkiellis if Lugano is the worst centre back you've ever seen and you've supported Albion for 35 years have you created yourself a mental block?

Shelton Martis, Stacy North, Kevin Steggles  Matt Carbon, Paul Dyson, Paul Raven, Daryl Burgess, Tony Butler, Darren Purse, Sekou Berthe, Abdoulaye Meite to name a few.

Lugano is an experienced international defender. OK he isn't looking great at the moment but are you seriously trying to tell me the above are better than him? He's playing against the likes of Suarez, Sturridge etc not Kevin Francis.

Pace wise you can add Gary Strodder and Graham Roberts (Buzaglo is still giving him nightmares)

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 09:23:33 PM »
Stick Shaun Murphy on that list too!
Allllllll aboard

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 09:59:31 PM »

not interested in his past achievements im talking here and now in an albion shirt,he is the slowest and worst even meite was greyhound compared to him,burgess and raven was a great partnership,purse could be great at times and equally make stupid mistakes,lugno is slower than any of the above,when burgess,raven,purse,dyson, carbon, were selected I didn't think that player alone will cost us the game,lugano will and does,every game hes cost us and would have today ,foster and yacob rescued him twice,he didn't make a single tackle,defend him all you like folks he will cost us

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 10:03:06 PM »
Pace wise you can add Gary Strodder and Graham Roberts (Buzaglo is still giving him nightmares)
before him yes the 2 slowest but even strodder faster,roberts probably a dead heat