Author Topic: Alex Palmer  (Read 98258 times)

pete

• Senior Baggie

Re: Alex Palmer training with the First Team
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2020, 12:18:06 PM »
She's tiny   :o  ! or is it a euphemism  ;D
5 foot 🙈
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2020, 12:57:01 PM »
I've seen stronger paper aeroplanes than Jamie Vardy (example), he doesnt do too badly.

I remember Sol Campbell dropping to the lower leagues with Notts County he couldn't handle the physical nature of the game and retired after a couple of games.

The Premier League is all about quality.

Even back in the day it was a myth about players not being big enough or strong enough. The likes of Juninho, Gordon Cowans, Stan Cummings, Alan Devonshire all dispelled that theory.

The principle of your point is bang on. Disagree about the strength of Vardy though.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2021, 08:51:29 AM »
Read a couple of comments earlier in the thread stating Alex commands the box. Anyone got an idea as to his ball handling skills from set pieces, crosses in open play or how he is with the ball at his feet?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2021, 09:05:37 AM »
Read a couple of comments earlier in the thread stating Alex commands the box. Anyone got an idea as to his ball handling skills from set pieces, crosses in open play or how he is with the ball at his feet?

Quite a relevant question Dan given that we seem quite happy to chuck Sam under the bus for a few quid ;D
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2021, 09:30:50 AM »
Quite a relevant question Dan given that we seem quite happy to chuck Sam under the bus for a few quid ;D

Talking of posts earlier in the thread I sincerely hope young Alex is taller than Pete's Mrs  ;D .

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2021, 09:33:12 AM »
Talking of posts earlier in the thread I sincerely hope young Alex is taller than Pete's Mrs  ;D .

;D

Point stands, but very good
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2021, 11:26:13 AM »

How is the lad being worth more than we can afford to offer, chucking him under a bus?? Very strange perception?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2021, 12:00:54 PM »

It's not chucking him under a bus though is it? He will want to stay in the PL and with a year left on his contract we either sell him or lose him for nothing when his contract expires.

Was it Dan Ashworth who said you have to know the right time to sell players and you should never be afraid to. Whoever it was he was right.

It's absolutely the right time to sell Sam when we have Palmer as a ready replacement.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2021, 12:16:07 PM »
......Was it Dan Ashworth who said you have to know the right time to sell players and you should never be afraid to. Whoever it was he was right......

It was Luke Dowling.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2021, 12:30:04 PM »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2021, 12:33:15 PM »
How is the lad being worth more than we can afford to offer, chucking him under a bus?? Very strange perception?

Do you know this for a fact?

For me this is quite simple; it depends upon which league we will be in next year and if we have a quality replacement lined up. It also depends upon the future ambition/plan for the club. My reference to chucking him under the bus relates to the fact that many seem to think that Alex will walk straight into the team. Lets be fair, most want shot of Sam regardless so it would appear to be a done deal in any event.  However, when we have the money in the bank and the replacement [whoever that may be] starts throwing them in for fun, perhaps we may reconsider.

The big stumbling block is the future direction of the club, if it is a penny pinching exercise then he will be sold, along with a few others unfortunately. If this is the case then I expect us to be somewhere near to where Birmingham City are right now. If there is any serious intention within this club we should be looking to retain his services.
MAGA!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2021, 12:34:34 PM »
It was Luke Dowling.

Doesn't look such a solid statement now  ;D
MAGA!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2021, 12:44:59 PM »
Doesn't look such a solid statement now  ;D
He must have found Dan's book of quotes behind the sofa in his office  :D
Unfortunately he took "Scouting for Dummies" with him.  :D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2021, 12:56:13 PM »
If goal number one is indicative of Alex's general passing abilities I'm hoping he plays it safe should he become our regular keeper. Oh dear.........

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11760/12213580/lincoln-2-2-accrington-dion-charles-double-sees-accrington-hold-leaders-lincoln

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2021, 01:49:18 PM »

For me this is quite simple; it depends upon which league we will be in next year and if we have a quality replacement lined up. It also depends upon the future ambition/plan for the club. My reference to chucking him under the bus relates to the fact that many seem to think that Alex will walk straight into the team. Lets be fair, most want shot of Sam regardless so it would appear to be a done deal in any event.  However, when we have the money in the bank and the replacement [whoever that may be] starts throwing them in for fun, perhaps we may reconsider.

The big stumbling block is the future direction of the club, if it is a penny pinching exercise then he will be sold, along with a few others unfortunately. If this is the case then I expect us to be somewhere near to where Birmingham City are right now. If there is any serious intention within this club we should be looking to retain his services.

Not convinced we'll notice he's gone if this happens. 53 and counting...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2021, 04:28:26 PM »

You know that its not fact, its my opinion based upon us being relegated (v.v.high probability, 1/33 bet365) and Sams current reputation in the media. Penny pinching? again you know the answer, when were we not a penny pinching club?
I don't share your pessimism about next season, we will have to rebuild and the cash situation will dictate players on lower wages, hopefully younger / hungrier and a more progressive manager in place.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2021, 09:36:01 PM »
If goal number one is indicative of Alex's general passing abilities I'm hoping he plays it safe should he become our regular keeper. Oh dear.........

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11760/12213580/lincoln-2-2-accrington-dion-charles-double-sees-accrington-hold-leaders-lincoln

Christ, if Sam did that, there's a few on here would have a complete meltdown  :D

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2021, 09:37:32 PM »
That was really stupid to be fair

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2021, 07:02:58 AM »
Have watched several of Lincoln's games and Alex has been impressive. If /when our relegation is confirmed, and Sam confirms his desire to leave, then David Button should play in all remaining games.His job to lose - end of.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:23 PM »
I would imagine that he will be first choice for a team in the championship next year. If SJ goes I would personally have him as first choice next season as I believe he will be an even better keeper than he already is.

I have watched him in a few games this season and he has always been very good and is very highly rated by the club.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Evo_Baggies

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »
With Sams departure looking certain, has anyone been watching many Lincoln games recently?

I've not seen him play once but heard good things, do we feel he should start next year or be back up to Button?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2021, 03:46:16 PM »
He's got to start. Button waiting in the wings if it goes tits up. I think he'll be fine.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Evo_Baggies

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2021, 04:16:27 PM »
He's got to start. Button waiting in the wings if it goes tits up. I think he'll be fine.

Decent, glad we can invest elsewhere in the squad.

Good for a local lad to come through too...

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2021, 06:43:29 PM »
I would be looking for a goalkeeping coach if I were the next manager, Palmer has great potential, but my hill coaching ???
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2021, 10:15:13 AM »
With Sams departure looking certain, has anyone been watching many Lincoln games recently?

I've not seen him play once but heard good things, do we feel he should start next year or be back up to Button?

Started the season very well but his form dropped and there were a number of inconsistent displays thereafter apparently. No pun intended but it's going take a big leap for him to go from League One playoffs contender to consistent number one at a Championship club hoping to mount a promotion charge to the Premier League.