0 (0%)
Matt Phillips
0 (0%)
Kenneth Zohore
0 (0%)
Semi Ajayi
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: 14 Aug 2021 Albion 3 Luton Town 2  (Read 28018 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2021, 10:24:38 AM »
Apologies guys. On the previous post the figures for the Halfords are wrong because idiot here missed a block out. Tickets remaining as follows (all approx):

Smethwick    Sold Out
Halfords        481
Brummie       1126
East Stand    1296

Remaining 2,900 give or take.

If my maths are anywhere near right, that's somewhere near 1300 sold since last update.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

match officials
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2021, 10:50:19 AM »
Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: Shaun Hudson
Assistant Referee: Adrian Waters
Fourth Official: Tom Nield
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: match officials
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2021, 11:47:04 AM »
......Fourth Official: Tom Nield

Did he get booed  ;) ?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2021, 12:56:19 PM »
I think at this stage we need to be trying to build Grady's confidence again as we are going to need him on form with our attacking options being fairly limited.

I agree with this. He is more than good enough for this division and needs games to prove the point. He can always be taken off if not performing.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2021, 01:10:16 PM »
I agree with this. He is more than good enough for this division and needs games to prove the point. He can always be taken off if not performing.

He's a trickster. Can wriggle his way out of anything BUT he's not effective. He's small, weak, no great pace, no great delivery or intelligence.

He's a flatterer, fans are drawn to players like him because bits of what he does generates excitement and promise.

He's average no better than that at Championship level regardless of Mark Noble's orgasms.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2021, 02:00:18 PM »
Eight goals in thirty appearances during his last Championship season would suggest he has something more to offer at this level than tricks. Well I think so anyway. Probably scored more goals from left midfield than Dwight Gayle did at Championship level too. Not bad considering he prefers playing on the right.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2021, 02:09:12 PM »
Pre-injury Grady was a delight at this level, shame we never got to see it at PL level. Post-injury Grady is underwhelming all around. He used to be fearless and direct now he's almost hesitant to skin people and seems to have trouble standing up a lot of the time. He's just not the same player. I think it's safe to say it's in his head/confidence etc but i hope we get the old Grady back at some point.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2021, 02:14:29 PM »
In fairness Bournemouth's defence played a huge part in him not keeping his feet on Friday night, the ref' let them get away with a lot.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2021, 02:16:01 PM »
In fairness Bournemouth's defence played a huge part in him not keeping his feet on Friday night, the ref' let them get away with a lot.

That's true Dan but it's also not the first game he's been slipping and sliding about. Strange thing to witness from his injury in the EFL 18 months ago roughly to now, different player.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2021, 06:49:51 PM »
He's a trickster. Can wriggle his way out of anything BUT he's not effective. He's small, weak, no great pace, no great delivery or intelligence.

He's a flatterer, fans are drawn to players like him because bits of what he does generates excitement and promise.

He's average no better than that at Championship level regardless of Mark Noble's orgasms.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this. I saw enough of him last time we played in this league to rate him as much, much better than average at this level. One of us will be right, let’s see what happens.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2021, 08:41:37 PM »
Pre-injury Grady was a delight at this level, shame we never got to see it at PL level. Post-injury Grady is underwhelming all around. He used to be fearless and direct now he's almost hesitant to skin people and seems to have trouble standing up a lot of the time. He's just not the same player. I think it's safe to say it's in his head/confidence etc but i hope we get the old Grady back at some point.

I agree with this. He was great until the injury at St Andrews, since then his form has been patchy at best. It's no coincidence that our form dropped after that game.

The good news is that he can still pull it together, I assume most of it is mental at this point. Sadly though, last week he was outplayed by Matt Philips which is a little worrying.

Anyway, does anyone know if Clarke/Castro/Reach will be fit?

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2021, 04:25:46 PM »

Give him a solid run of games and a couple of goals and let's see if he can get back to being the player he looked 20 months ago.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2021, 09:58:07 AM »
Thursday morning update (all give or take counting errors):

Smethwick       1
Halfords           396
Brummie          803
East Stand       980

Remaining: 2180

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2021, 10:57:19 AM »
Thursday morning update (all give or take counting errors):

Smethwick       1
Halfords           396
Brummie          803
East Stand       980

Remaining: 2180

Would love this to be a sell-out with the place buzzing again but seems more likely we may have around 1,000-1,500 empty seats.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2021, 11:04:10 AM »
Would love this to be a sell-out with the place buzzing again but seems more likely we may have around 1,000-1,500 empty seats.

The last time we were in the Championship we had 22,738 home fans present in a gate of 24,305 for our first home game v Millwall. It will be interesting to see how Saturdays gate compares. We may fall a little bit short but it doesnt look like we will be a million miles away.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2021, 11:07:17 AM »
Luton have been given 2000 tickets so that leaves around 24500 in the home ends.

24500-2180 tickets remaining = 22,320 home tickets sold roughly to date.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2021, 11:11:26 AM »
Luton have been given 2000 tickets so that leaves around 24500 in the home ends.

24500-2180 tickets remaining = 22,320 home tickets sold roughly to date.

With segregation and the first row of the East Stand and Brummie Road (by the look of the stadium map) not for sale I estimate 23,600 approx for home fans. That would mean around 21,400 sold so far.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2021, 11:13:34 AM »
With segregation and the first row of the East Stand and Brummie Road (by the look of the stadium map) not for sale I estimate 23,600 approx for home fans. That would mean around 21,400 sold so far.

Didnt realise they included the segregated parts, thanks for clearing that up.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2021, 11:19:02 AM »
Didnt realise they included the segregated parts, thanks for clearing that up.

Away fans used to get 2,737 but Jenkins or Dowling (definitely one of them) decided to reduced it to display advertising instead. It makes more money apparently. Similarly the bottom row of the East Stand.

Nothing has been said about the front row of the Brummie but from looking at the map that row hasnt seemed to be available (in the middle anyway)I might be wrong about that there may be an explanation. Maybe they've been taken by STH's?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:21:08 AM by Atomic »

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2021, 04:23:15 PM »
Away fans used to get 2,737 but Jenkins or Dowling (definitely one of them) decided to reduced it to display advertising instead. It makes more money apparently. Similarly the bottom row of the East Stand.

Nothing has been said about the front row of the Brummie but from looking at the map that row hasnt seemed to be available (in the middle anyway)I might be wrong about that there may be an explanation. Maybe they've been taken by STH's?
disabled I think mate
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2021, 04:33:05 PM »
Mods can we bring back the ticket thread in these sub forums? Saves pre match being clogged up.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »

Could be wrong, but iI think the increased gap between home and away fans is more down to security/policing.
Boing Boing

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2021, 03:30:43 AM »
Mods can we bring back the ticket thread in these sub forums? Saves pre match being clogged up.

It will be back when I put new boards on but when I put these boards on no-one knew what was going on with tickets.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2021, 07:59:42 AM »
Could be wrong, but iI think the increased gap between home and away fans is more down to security/policing.

The last time we were in this division it was a money making exercise as most of the clubs would not sell out.

We had Mark Darcy spread across nearly half the away end as that money would cover what would be lost in sold tickets.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2021, 09:28:09 AM »
3-3 high scoring draw
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties