Author Topic: Matty Phillips  (Read 406854 times)

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Matty Phillips
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 01:13:33 PM »
Tbf the mirror story says the fees more than £7mill so I'd say we bid i5 and it got rejected but we've probably agreed a fee around 7.5-8 million.

ranvir wba90

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 01:51:22 PM »
According to bbc sport and sky sports website fee has been agreed.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2015, 01:55:18 PM »
According to bbc sport and sky sports website fee has been agreed.

Where on the BBC website?

I can't see anything.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2015, 02:14:39 PM »
Steve Madeley ‏@smadeley_star 41m41 minutes ago

Albion's Phillips bid is rejected. #wba #wbafc http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2015/07/05/west-broms-5m-phillips-bid-rejected/ …
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 02:17:31 PM »
I couldn't see anything on the BBC site either, and the Sky report cites the Daily Mirror as its source.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 03:27:33 PM »
skys rolling transfer thingy says offer rejected but negotiations ongoing
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 04:24:52 PM »
Steve Madeley ‏@smadeley_star 
Albion's Phillips bid is rejected

I'd still be surprised if Phillips doesn't end up at Albion. Just to and fro between the clubs at present. #wba #wbafc

So we don't need to worry, we still have a big chance to land him.
The PRIDE of midlands

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 05:51:30 PM »
I always look at who is supposed to be interested in a player to gauge his value. The likes of West Ham and Leicester and  a few other mid to lower table teams tells me he is only a B level player. He would be an improvement on last season for sure but QPR  are just trying to start a bidding war. Anything more than 8 million and I feel we will have been fleeced.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 05:57:26 PM »
I always look at who is supposed to be interested in a player to gauge his value. The likes of West Ham and Leicester and  a few other mid to lower table teams tells me he is only a B level player. He would be an improvement on last season for sure but QPR  are just trying to start a bidding war. Anything more than 8 million and I feel we will have been fleeced.

That's where we shop :)

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 06:37:39 PM »
I'd say around £8-10 million would be a fair price.
the regime don't like it man

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 06:40:38 PM »
I'd say 4-5 million personally though a decent player he only contributed late on in the season another ok footballer being over hyped me thinks
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 06:49:40 PM by OldburyWBA »

ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 07:04:46 PM »
Stubba i'm not sure about this, but how much did Redknapp actually play him earlier in the season?

Also i'm a firm believer that you will never see a players true form keep giving him a few minutes off the bench, you need 6-8 games of 90 minutes then you can judge. Think Philips got this in the 2nd part of the season

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »
He cost them £5 million so £7-8m is about right with inflation and PL experience.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2015, 07:28:20 PM »
Don't disagree with you I just think ok footballers are overpriced, the way of the modern game I guess  I think he would be a good addition but at 10 mill I still think massively overpriced

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2015, 07:31:27 PM »
Let's hope we get him if we are going after him then! Be a good signing in my opinion! Probably go about 8 max I'd say!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:32:20 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2015, 07:36:45 PM »
If the double raid on qpr is to happen and austin is valued around £15m, weren't we 'linked' with a £22-25m bid then to me it seems we're happy to pay £7-10m on Phillips. Which like others said with PL experience, his age, British, then I'd say it's about right that fee

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2015, 11:12:44 PM »
It's always difficult to judge the worth and effectiveness of a player until he's actually in the squad. Look at Sinclair - highly rated at Swansea - not done much since. Didn't fit in for us at all. We would have happily have brought him for a similar fee to that asked for Phillips but would have been very disappointed.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2015, 11:21:38 PM »
I see Phillips played with McManaman in his brief spell on loan.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2015, 08:53:21 AM »
Albion's Phillips bid is rejected

I'd still be surprised if Phillips doesn't end up at Albion. Just to and fro between the clubs at present. #wba #wbafc

So we don't need to worry, we still have a big chance to land him.

Madeley said the same about Demba Ba

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2015, 11:20:27 AM »
Madeley said the same about Demba Ba

Do you think there's a pattern developing?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 11:24:27 AM »
Do you think there's a pattern developing?

I'd say that the local journos know even less these days than they did a few years ago.

the club has always been very good at keeping things quiet but when Chris Lepkowski worked for the mail he always seemed to have good info from the club at times. The mail was always better than the E&S for articles about the club.

however these days both papers just write articles from stuff rumoured on twitter it's very lazy journalism if you ask me. what happened to the days of investigative journalism

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 12:45:07 PM »
I'd say that the local journos know even less these days than they did a few years ago.

the club has always been very good at keeping things quiet but when Chris Lepkowski worked for the mail he always seemed to have good info from the club at times. The mail was always better than the E&S for articles about the club.

however these days both papers just write articles from stuff rumoured on twitter it's very lazy journalism if you ask me. what happened to the days of investigative journalism
You are joking CL didn't even get the name of is replacement right at the Mail when he left! Having said that I think the club took him on because he was pretty discrete with some of the information he got but there again as fans that is not what you want from someone ITK ?
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2015, 01:11:18 PM »

I think part of it is that hard copy papers don't sell as well due to the internet, and the advertising revenue received from selling online advertising isn't as profitable as selling papers.

Budgets are continually being squeezed and as such "reporters" no longer get the same time & resources to do the own investigations to the same degree they used to.
Twitter: @floydy1983

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2015, 02:28:30 PM »
I think part of it is that hard copy papers don't sell as well due to the internet, and the advertising revenue received from selling online advertising isn't as profitable as selling papers.

Budgets are continually being squeezed and as such "reporters" no longer get the same time & resources to do the own investigations to the same degree they used to.

the printed press other than the big morning papers is pretty much a dying business now with the evolution of the internet and social media

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2015, 10:46:47 PM »
Could be ready to move onto other targets, not willing to pay the £10M QPR want
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!