Author Topic: Hal Robson-Kanu  (Read 271521 times)

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

Re: Hal Robson-Kanu
« Reply #225 on: September 01, 2016, 12:46:34 AM »
You know what really pees me off about this? It's that the club waited until 11pm to officially announce it as some coup. In reality, HRK was a free agent who we could have signed at any point.

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #226 on: September 01, 2016, 12:55:12 AM »
laughing out loud but what's the Z about

think its because the geezer was covering it for 16 hours ! ! ! must of been bored shitless...

Reckon he deserves either a medal OR locking up !

howard62baby

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: September 01, 2016, 12:56:53 AM »
It's when we all fall asleep
No body moves no body gets hurt put your hands on your head and your faces in the dirt al capone's guns don't argue !!!

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2016, 01:06:54 AM »
Has or will the club come out with its usual spin? Really intrigued how they will try to sell this signing to us, a player rejected by a Championship club and unbelievably on a 3 year deal.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2016, 02:06:37 AM »
The best part is we didn't sign Sakho as he wouldn't be fit but we signed a player who hasn't had a pre-season :) Only Albion....

Halesowen12

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #230 on: September 01, 2016, 07:34:26 AM »
not sure if it's already been said but there's no need to scramble to find the 'loollz' tweet - it's on the official site! i hoped for and expected a better calibre of player with the names thrown around the last few days but will give the lad a chance before writing him off, in my opinion he is an upgrade on Lambert!

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2016, 07:47:59 AM »
He was just damage limitation job. He could have signed next week. Id love to here the pathetic excuses how they pretended to sign benteke slimani camacho and carvalho and ended with nothing.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2016, 07:58:49 AM »
we can only hope he comes good. one lives in hope.
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2016, 08:02:53 AM »
Good luck to the lad, hope he offer us a different dimension when hes used, in hindsight hes a better option to have than Vic or Lambert, so its an upgrade.

Can also give us cover on the wing if needed.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2016, 08:12:09 AM »
good luck to him and I hope he can prove us all wrong but I'd rather have kept sessagnon

We haven't seen him play yet so I am not sure you can make that comparison.

For me Sess was inconsistent. Some games he was a real handful but there were too many games where he was quiet - a bit like Amifiltano.

We had an underwhelming transfer window [Chadli aside] but its not his fault. We all need to welcome him to the club and hope he can deliver. He certainly seems up for it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 10:10:54 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2016, 08:12:48 AM »
He was just damage limitation job. He could have signed next week.

presumably signed yesterday so they could ship Lambert to Cardiff, hence also late confirmation.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2016, 09:33:30 AM »
presumably signed yesterday so they could ship Lambert to Cardiff, hence also late confirmation.

Surely if this was the case we should have got Robson-Kanu in after the Euro's and shipped out Lambert to Cardiff earlier?
I imagine Robson-Kanu is on around £20k p/w and Lambert is on £40k p/w here so over the past few months that's a few £££ we could have saved and got Robson-Kanu settled/fitter quicker?

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2016, 09:55:54 AM »
I think if I was a player seeking a new club and read some of the comments on this Forum i would run a mile. Every player mentioned is usually slaughtered. Some speak as if the have watched the player play for hours on end. Grow up and just be happy we are not in the same mess as our other local clubs find themselves.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #238 on: September 01, 2016, 10:01:01 AM »
I don't think anyone would have an issue if we'd gotten rid of Lambert and Berahino and signed HRK and a top quality striker.

The issue is that we effectively now have HRK as our second striker because there is no way in hell that we can rely on super Saido to perform for us, he stopped bothering 18 months ago, no chance of that changing.

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #239 on: September 01, 2016, 10:02:06 AM »
Surely if this was the case we should have got Robson-Kanu in after the Euro's and shipped out Lambert to Cardiff earlier?
I imagine Robson-Kanu is on around £20k p/w and Lambert is on £40k p/w here so over the past few months that's a few £££ we could have saved and got Robson-Kanu settled/fitter quicker?

I'm not aware Cardiff or anyone showed much interest in Lambert prior to yesterday.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »

Probably right Loxley, and the majority of us wanted to see Lambert move on and its happened.
MAGA!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #241 on: September 01, 2016, 12:25:08 PM »
Signing this guy, after being linked with the likes of Slimani, Benteke and Sakho, is like your missus going out, with the promise of bringing you back a nice juicy steak for your tea, and coming back with a tin of out of date catfood. .

I'm sorry I know that is horrible and I'm sure he's a smashing lad,  but there is no way he is a Prem striker, he was struggling in the Championship for god's sake. I'm not even having this "He's better than Lambert", there's no evidence that he is!

I hope I'm wrong and he becomes a success, and by success I mean a real success, making a real contribution, not a McClean "success", whereby he is not quite as rubbish as you expected him to be!

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 12:41:52 PM by Hull Baggie »

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2016, 12:37:59 PM »
I havent seen that much of him play but what i have seen he is certainly attack minded and works hard, for the way we play that might not be a bad thing as it gives us another option.

He reminds me of Walters from Stoke is his style and i would of taken him, Walters has a better scoring record but Robson-Kanu got a couple in the euros so maybe he likes the big stage and as he hasnt played in the premier league he could rise to the challenge! (He almost might not but lets give the bloke a fair chance)

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #243 on: September 01, 2016, 12:41:01 PM »
Maybe he'll do a good job as a Horsfield type, who knows?  We'll see I suppose.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2016, 12:45:30 PM »
I havent seen that much of him play but what i have seen he is certainly attack minded and works hard, for the way we play that might not be a bad thing as it gives us another option.

He reminds me of Walters from Stoke is his style and i would of taken him, Walters has a better scoring record but Robson-Kanu got a couple in the euros so maybe he likes the big stage and as he hasnt played in the premier league he could rise to the challenge! (He almost might not but lets give the bloke a fair chance)

He played in the Prem for Reading, mostly as a sub.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2016, 12:58:46 PM »
He played in the Prem for Reading, mostly as a sub.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/35371/History/Hal-Robson-Kanu

Yeah 13 starts and 12 appearances off the bench. Finished the season with 7 goals and 1 assist. (£30m Moussa Sissoko got 1 goal and 7 assists last season for Newcastle.)

Wikipedia had him listed as a left winger for that season:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Reading_F.C._season

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: September 01, 2016, 01:07:25 PM »
I'm not aware Cardiff or anyone showed much interest in Lambert prior to yesterday.

According to Cardiff Lambert was their first choice with Robson Kanu backup.  :o
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2016, 01:26:54 PM »
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/35371/History/Hal-Robson-Kanu

Yeah 13 starts and 12 appearances off the bench. Finished the season with 7 goals and 1 assist. (£30m Moussa Sissoko got 1 goal and 7 assists last season for Newcastle.)

Wikipedia had him listed as a left winger for that season:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Reading_F.C._season
IF he gets those stats for us I'd be over the moon, surprised but over the moon.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #248 on: September 01, 2016, 07:30:45 PM »
HRK played mostly as a winger when in the championship and as a striker in the prem scoring 8 goals. If you want to compare him with Saido then it must be when Saido was out wide and they are not too dissimilar. I would hope he takes the left wing spot with chadli behind rondon.I also believe that he has been training with the Albion while out if contract so pulis would have had a good luck at him.oh and he can head a ball unlike Saido.give him a chance I ssy

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2016, 08:32:29 PM »
Think he is been written off too soon. He played as a winger for most of his time there!
I think him playing as a wide left option or our back up striker has to be step up from the likes of McLean and mardy not bothered Berahino playing.

He's strong he's quick he is a team player, can head the ball he's another outlet last season we lacked this. Arguably we will have at least 3 decent ball players on the pitch (if Pulis plays them) that can carry the ball and beat a man surely that's better then watching the likes of lambert plod along.

Good luck to the lad
O Albion we love you