Author Topic: 23 Sept 2015 Norwich City 3 Albion 0 (Capital One Cup 3)  (Read 53844 times)

Legend

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #275 on: September 24, 2015, 10:42:46 AM »
What the f**k was tp playing at putting Vic centre midfield? ??

One of them that didn't pay off. Didn't Fergie turn Alan Smith from a striker to a defensive midfielder?
the regime don't like it man

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #276 on: September 24, 2015, 11:53:20 AM »
How did Leko play?

Nervously. He wanted the ball which was promising but by that point the game was long gone.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #277 on: September 24, 2015, 12:23:31 PM »
really annoys me with all this resting players nonsense, a few weeks into a new season and we cannot play our best 11  even though we don't play until Monday. never recall it happening 20 years ago like it does now. the club should go out and try and win all competitions its entered, maybe they should give free tickets to fans who've travelled all that way to see a team that resembles a lucky bag. my hopes of seeing us win any silverware is fading with this attitude.

Agree entirely why cant modern footballers play twice a week. Also players like Berahino and Rondon need match practice and were not even named on the bench. All this rubbish about taking the cups seriously, we will never have a chance to win a trophy making ten changes and playing Anichebe as a holding midfielder is just plain ridiculous.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #278 on: September 24, 2015, 12:53:39 PM »
One of them that didn't pay off. Didn't Fergie turn Alan Smith from a striker to a defensive midfielder?

Alan Smith had ability and could actually move. Vic is just a useless lump who can't be ar5ed.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2015, 12:57:01 PM »
Agree entirely why cant modern footballers play twice a week. Also players like Berahino and Rondon need match practice and were not even named on the bench. All this rubbish about taking the cups seriously, we will never have a chance to win a trophy making ten changes and playing Anichebe as a holding midfielder is just plain ridiculous.

Agreed. They have 5 days to recover until the next match. OK if players have knocks then rest them but I'm sure at least 5 or 6 could have played yesterday that featured at Villa even off the bench at the very least.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2015, 02:32:22 PM »
Overall I agree this was a poor performance.  However, there were some positives. Sessignon had a good game and is one of best players when it comes to control over the ball.  Gnarby similarly.  Negatives for me was Anichebe's performance.  I think he may have played his last game for us.  Much prerer to have beaten the Villa, but loosing to Norwich 3-0 in this part of the world has left me open to considerable, but good humoured ribbing.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #281 on: September 24, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
I thought Sessegnon and Gnabry were anonymous to be honest.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #282 on: September 24, 2015, 02:57:43 PM »
As Anichebe left the pitch last night TP congratulated him (hand slapping),

Well TP, if that non-performance deserves your acknowledgement, then you are a fool! you should be fining him not congratulating him. A disgraceful lack of effort.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #283 on: September 24, 2015, 03:28:49 PM »
People will see what they want to see, Sess, Gnabry were anonymous, Gamboa and Pocognoli defensive liabilities. Aside from that well played lads  ;) the rest were no better but these 4 did nothing special. The only player I'd absolve of blame would be Lindegaard.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #284 on: September 24, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »
People will see what they want to see, Sess, Gnabry were anonymous, Gamboa and Pocognoli defensive liabilities. Aside from that well played lads  ;) the rest were no better but these 4 did nothing special. The only player I'd absolve of blame would be Lindegaard.

Sess /gnabry I agree (did Gnabry play??)
Gamboa, over confident, don't dribble across your own 18yd line
Poc, I thought he had a reasonable game.

I also agree that lindegaard was ok as IMO was Dawson.
Albion Family !!!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #285 on: September 24, 2015, 08:35:45 PM »
Didn't go last night so can't comment but interesting that the Birmingham Mail chap in his player points article has singled Big Vic's performance as one of the only positive showings last night, which is a complete contrast to what people have said on here.
"This crack is really moreish."

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #286 on: September 24, 2015, 11:34:06 PM »
Bournemouth all over again.

Couldn't believe the line up. Surely it would have made more sense to have kept either Anichebe or Lambert on the bench as an alternative to one another...on second thoughts it might have been better to keep them both on the coach.

Sessegnon showed exactly why he hasn't been picked. Gnabry was as bad.

To cap it all it took me over 6 hrs to get home today instead of the expected 4 due to some line damage and a train hitting a horse!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #287 on: September 25, 2015, 12:45:53 AM »
Didn't go last night so can't comment but interesting that the Birmingham Mail chap in his player points article has singled Big Vic's performance as one of the only positive showings last night, which is a complete contrast to what people have said on here.

His passing was so so, the lazy shouts on here don't really wash (and are down to reputation rather than last night) as he was screening the back four a la Yacob, he wasn't playing box to box. It's not going to be something that works at PL level, but he far from disgraced himself in his first outing anywhere near that deep. He did let Dorrans out of his pocket long enough to be hauled off at half time  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #288 on: September 25, 2015, 07:49:11 AM »
His passing was so so, the lazy shouts on here don't really wash (and are down to reputation rather than last night) as he was screening the back four a la Yacob, he wasn't playing box to box. It's not going to be something that works at PL level, but he far from disgraced himself in his first outing anywhere near that deep. He did let Dorrans out of his pocket long enough to be hauled off at half time  ;D

I'm sure he didn't care to much when the score read 3-0.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #289 on: September 25, 2015, 10:48:46 AM »

he made Yaya Toure look like Usain Bolt !!  FFS how anyone can defend that "performance" is perverse.
Albion Family !!!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #290 on: September 25, 2015, 10:54:17 AM »
he made Yaya Toure look like Usain Bolt !!  FFS how anyone can defend that "performance" is perverse.

He was playing in a position unfamiliar to him, give him a break!
the regime don't like it man

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #291 on: September 25, 2015, 10:57:11 AM »
He was playing in a position unfamiliar to him, give him a break!

Had he broke a sweat, I would have cut him some slack.
Albion Family !!!

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #292 on: September 25, 2015, 01:52:40 PM »
travelled 6hrs from Edinboro to watch that I know TP said he was going to make changes but 10 of them ridiculous , on paper man for man the team looked ok but on the pitch we got what you would expect from players who have had no senior game time much less played together and it certainly showed.
first half I thought we held our own although this obsession with everybody behind the ball meant we never created anything although ironically we had more pace spread over the pitch than we normally have
whoever thought Anichabe was a central midfield player really should question their sanity, because it was painful to watch, we did create one or two suituations in second half but the telling statistic was their keeper only had to make one save , meanwhile Norwich stepped up a gear brought one or two first teamers on and we had to suffer the indignity of Jarvis scoring the opener, with Gamboa giving him far to much space and Lindegarde beaten on his near post, to be fair it was a good strike but still, second goal again poor defending in first instant
well we saw it last year in the FA Cup against the Villa and we saw it again Wednesday night, dispite what TP says about competing and trying to win the cups  his words speak a lot louder than his actions and next season I really must resist the urge to travel for hours  to watch a WBA reserve side