Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1197644 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #725 on: March 30, 2020, 03:12:55 PM »
Strange lot these foreigners. (Jingoistic or what?)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52084121

I do a fair bit of lay betting and I notice that the Belarus leagues are about the only meaningful football games being played around the world. I saw on the news today that the Belarus President has just played a game of Ice Hockey and that his solution is that  'vodka and saunas will cure coronavirus'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11282607/belarus-president-coronavirus-vodka-saunas/

Lets see if he thinks the same next week.

I also note that the only meaningful horse racing around is from the USA, Australia and SA. I wonder how long that will last?
MAGA!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #726 on: March 30, 2020, 03:20:11 PM »
I was in Thailand for a month in February, just as this was all kicking off. Whilst there we met a group of Americans who were English teachers living in Shanghai. They had the good fortune of being sent on a teaching mission to Thailand just as this was breaking and obviously we discussed it in great detail. The one thing they told me was that 'if China say a few thousand have died, you can add a couple of noughts onto their numbers', and that comes from some guys who have lived there for a few years. I never mentioned it as it could be seen as a 'chinese whisper', but today I came across this;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11283933/wuhan-coronavirus-death-toll-cover-up-urns/ 

I know its only the Sun but.......
MAGA!

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #727 on: March 30, 2020, 04:32:35 PM »
I am convinced that the virus was circulating before China reported it in December, maybe also outside of China
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #728 on: March 30, 2020, 04:46:50 PM »
I am convinced that the virus was circulating before China reported it in December, maybe also outside of China

Its also been suggested that Austria knew they had it but kept it quiet so as not to disturb their skiing industry.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #729 on: March 30, 2020, 05:01:13 PM »
We weren't prepared, otherwise we'd have had PPE ready for front line staff and we'd have take steps to flatten the curve. 

Have you read the pandemic plan?  I have.  It was for a flu pandemic with a much lower fatality rate, it wasn't suitable for what we are facing.  We watched what happened in other countries and ignored it.   2 weeks ago Boris was bragging about shaking hands with coronavirus patients.

We changed direction when we realised how many deaths the current plan would have led to.  Since then we've reacted as well as we could be expected to but we wasted a lot of time when we could have been saving more lives.

Gone on I bite what plan have you been reading .... it would have dates on it, asking as I also have read the government plan and it’s not just for flu
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #730 on: March 30, 2020, 05:11:55 PM »
John even NHS staff could be spreading the virus cause they haven't got enough PPE now that is the governments fault.

The NHS have their own procurement systems, the government is trying to obtain PPE equipment against a backdrop of world shortages and massive daily use probably a 100 times what would normally be used.
I see that Boris's approach to industry for ventilators is now baring fruit, scoffed at by his critics, the death rate has fallen for two days now, we are doing okay I think.
Baggie in Southampton

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #731 on: March 30, 2020, 06:29:35 PM »
The NHS have their own procurement systems, the government is trying to obtain PPE equipment against a backdrop of world shortages and massive daily use probably a 100 times what would normally be used.
I see that Boris's approach to industry for ventilators is now baring fruit, scoffed at by his critics, the death rate has fallen for two days now, we are doing okay I think.

A French company that makes the face masks stated that their first order from any government was by the UK but the French government stopped them exporting them.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #732 on: March 30, 2020, 08:12:33 PM »
Gone on I bite what plan have you been reading .... it would have dates on it, asking as I also have read the government plan and it’s not just for flu

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/pandemic-influenza-response-plan

I think it was that one.  I'm on phone so not 100% sure, will double check tomorrow.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #733 on: March 30, 2020, 08:27:30 PM »
I am intrigued that despite all the governments claims that Ocado can purchase with some ease it would seem 100k tests so they can test staff ? This is way more than the NHS are testing per week
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #734 on: March 30, 2020, 08:31:05 PM »
A French company that makes the face masks stated that their first order from any government was by the UK but the French government stopped them exporting them.

Does not surprise me.
My sister in law has downs syndrome, she lives in Droitwich, a helper at her home fell ill was tested, test was negative, then retested, test was positive, the tests are clearly not that reliable as was suggested by the experts, so untill they were more accurate, the Government was.not relying on them.
Baggie in Southampton

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #735 on: March 30, 2020, 10:35:36 PM »
Does not surprise me.
My sister in law has downs syndrome, she lives in Droitwich, a helper at her home fell ill was tested, test was negative, then retested, test was positive, the tests are clearly not that reliable as was suggested by the experts, so untill they were more accurate, the Government was.not relying on them.
Doesn't explain the bull we have been hearing over testing I.e different ministers quoting different numbers.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #736 on: March 30, 2020, 11:02:45 PM »
Doesn't explain the bull we have been hearing over testing I.e different ministers quoting different numbers.

Not only about the testing but the PPE being delivered to Hospitals, Shortages in supplies of protective equipment for health workers has led to a desperate NHS procurement chief tweeting “God help us all”.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #737 on: March 31, 2020, 12:07:39 PM »
Trump doesn't like straighforward questions by the look of it. I thought it was a reasonable question;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/52100561/trump-on-coronavirus-heated-response-to-snarky-nasty-question
MAGA!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #738 on: March 31, 2020, 12:30:54 PM »
Trump doesn't like straighforward questions by the look of it. I thought it was a reasonable question;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/52100561/trump-on-coronavirus-heated-response-to-snarky-nasty-question

Kev the bloke is a utter idiot.

He responded to an question  When asked by PBS News Hour journalist Yamiche Alcindor about per capita testing in the US compared with South Korea

'I know South Korea better than anybody' "It's a very tight... Do you know how many people are in Seoul? Do you know how big the city of Seoul is?"

He then answered his question: "38 million people. That's bigger than anything we have. "38million people, all tightly, wound together."

Seoul has a population of around 10million, according to its government website.

:-[ :-[ :-[

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #739 on: March 31, 2020, 01:49:13 PM »
Please keep all posts about Coronavirus. Non coronavirus posts will be removed. Remember politics is a banned topic on here.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #740 on: March 31, 2020, 04:55:55 PM »
Just listening to the Governor of NY - Andrew Cuomo. Likes to talk a lot but he has a much better grasp of the gravity of the situation than Donald, who seems to think that everything could have been back to normal by Easter. [I know he has changed his view slightly now].

Today's toll in the UK is 367 which is not good.
MAGA!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #741 on: March 31, 2020, 05:10:27 PM »
Just listening to the Governor of NY - Andrew Cuomo. Likes to talk a lot but he has a much better grasp of the gravity of the situation than Donald, who seems to think that everything could have been back to normal by Easter. [I know he has changed his view slightly now].

Today's toll in the UK is 367 which is not good.

New total 381 dead now, but we cant blame anyone can we >:(

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #742 on: March 31, 2020, 05:23:53 PM »
I guess we can blame the Chinese, but I am quite sure the conspiracy theories will run and run on this one......

The only blame I lay at the moment is against the countless 'greasy jacks' who continue to carry on as normal because they think that it does not apply to them, thus potentially endangering anyone who comes close to them 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 05:30:03 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #743 on: March 31, 2020, 06:10:17 PM »
New total 381 dead now, but we cant blame anyone can we >:(

I would really like to know who you blame for the Coronavirus dead?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #744 on: March 31, 2020, 06:51:55 PM »
I would really like to know who you blame for the Coronavirus dead?

IMO the death toll would have been much lower if certain precautions had been implemented earlier.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #745 on: March 31, 2020, 07:15:23 PM »
IMO the death toll would have been much lower if certain precautions had been implemented earlier.
By whom?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #746 on: March 31, 2020, 07:32:17 PM »
That is quite likely the truth.  Without attacking any political party in particular, it is often the case that a "new broom" administration suffers from having had a massive clearout of old hands who are seen as tainted.  I never had a lot of time for Jeremy Hunt, Ken Clarke I thought was solid, but without people who have been there for a while and know the ropes it does like there was/is a vacuum of sorts around the top.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #747 on: March 31, 2020, 08:34:28 PM »
I guess we can blame the Chinese, but I am quite sure the conspiracy theories will run and run on this one......

The only blame I lay at the moment is against the countless 'greasy jacks' who continue to carry on as normal because they think that it does not apply to them, thus potentially endangering anyone who comes close to them

Exactly, people were told to stop going out on the 16th March, some of us did that, some others didn't, they were to blame for any further spreading, not the government.
Baggie in Southampton

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #748 on: March 31, 2020, 08:54:52 PM »
Exactly, people were told to stop going out on the 16th March, some of us did that, some others didn't, they were to blame for any further spreading, not the government.

Why keep pubs, restaurants and clubs open for a further 4 days if people were told to stop going out.  The Premier League and the EFL stopped all games on the 14th March, looks like they were more up to date than the government.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #749 on: March 31, 2020, 09:12:40 PM »
Why keep pubs, restaurants and clubs open for a further 4 days if people were told to stop going out.  The Premier League and the EFL stopped all games on the 14th March, looks like they were more up to date than the government.
Why can't you give it a rest? The mods have asked people to keep it non political but you just can't can you? With all the problems the World is going through you just have to keep having a pop. Disgraceful.