Author Topic: Team Spirit  (Read 3844 times)

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

Team Spirit
« on: February 22, 2020, 06:57:23 PM »
Not seen a team who have bonded as well as this lot since the days of Megson, the way the bench went mad was a joy to see, players like Austin must be busting to get a game but you can see the joy when Kanu scored the third, the way Robinson has seem to fitted in, they look a real tight knot group which can only benefit us moving forward.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

Re: Team Spirit
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 07:31:48 PM »
We need to harvest this and go up like Sheff Utd have.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 09:26:54 PM »
We need to harvest this and go up like Sheff Utd have.
Totally agree my priority would be ensuring Mr Bilic is signed up to stop anyone luring him away, he is going to be a hot property very soon
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 09:44:22 PM »
Totally agree my priority would be ensuring Mr Bilic is signed up to stop anyone luring him away, he is going to be a hot property very soon

3 loan players (although periera is as good as ours) krovonovic and Robinson all have bought into the club and really fighting for the cause. You dont always see same attitude... great to see
O Albion we love you

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 08:15:25 PM »
Do you think that the players on loan, would like to push their owners to be sold to us, when (notice, not if) we get into the Premiership/Greed league.
You only have to watch the players... They just love things here.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 08:55:20 PM »
Do you think that the players on loan, would like to push their owners to be sold to us, when (notice, not if) we get into the Premiership/Greed league.
You only have to watch the players... They just love things here.
I think they may push their agents to get them the best deal that they can get regardless of club
At the moment we are on a good run, playing well scoring goals and winning...next season it will not be as easy and the players will know that.
The club has big decisions to be made in summer and many of the squad may not be here ,Austin,Bartley,Barry , Livermore, all you would expect to be very vocal and very positive influences....will probably all be gone
I’m trying not to sound grumpy....but I think you get what I’m saying?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 09:05:52 PM »
I think they may push their agents to get them the best deal that they can get regardless of club
At the moment we are on a good run, playing well scoring goals and winning...next season it will not be as easy and the players will know that.
The club has big decisions to be made in summer and many of the squad may not be here ,Austin,Bartley,Barry , Livermore, all you would expect to be very vocal and very positive influences....will probably all be gone
I’m trying not to sound grumpy....but I think you get what I’m saying?
Barry will be out of contract, but where do you think the other 3 will be going? I would expect all 3 to be here.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 11:20:15 PM »
Barry will be out of contract, but where do you think the other 3 will be going? I would expect all 3 to be here.
Austin has been well below what we  (and probably himself) would have expected, he certainly is not prem anymore, Bartley will also fall in to the good enough for champ, not good enough for prom category.
Livermore does not get younger or quicker, maybe a squaddie, but not a starter and if we need to release wages to free up newbies he must be in the mix?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 02:10:13 AM »
Austin has been well below what we  (and probably himself) would have expected, he certainly is not prem anymore, Bartley will also fall in to the good enough for champ, not good enough for prom category.
Livermore does not get younger or quicker, maybe a squaddie, but not a starter and if we need to release wages to free up newbies he must be in the mix?

I agree austin doesnt fit billic system and we need a new striker he will need moving on. Bartley will be cover ajayi and hegazi will be the starting 2 next year.
O Albion we love you

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 07:17:39 AM »
Bartley also entering last year of his contract so I'd like us to get some money back for him. Zohore can go. Austin not good enough anymore for the PL either. If we go up of course.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 08:31:15 AM »
Livermore has been one of the stand out players this season.  He'll be 30 when next season kicks off.  No way will he be surplus to requirements next season.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2020, 02:27:44 PM »
Livermore is easily a premier league player without a shadow of a doubt.

he will be a big part of the team next season if we are in the premier league.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2020, 02:39:13 PM »
How quickly people forget.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2020, 02:47:28 PM »

And return to their infantile agenda!!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 02:57:56 PM »

I haven't forgotten anything, look back at my posts if you like.  I thought then, and I still do think, that he gets unfair stick.  He was stuck in an immobile midfield and was having to pretty much do everything.  This year he has Sawyers who is always there to help tidy up.  It's why I wouldn't put Brunt in there, we're just going back to a midfield 2 that doesn't work.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2020, 03:03:16 PM »
So, to return to Zippy's premise that the vocal senior players who will influence the loanees will all have left.....

Pessimistic and untrue?

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2020, 03:21:33 PM »
I seem to remember there were a number of very vocal and influential players that have also left over the last few years. Its all about recruiting players with the right mindset and attitude

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 09:53:02 PM »
So, to return to Zippy's premise that the vocal senior players who will influence the loanees will all have left.....

Pessimistic and untrue?
My point was of course IMO, and we must wait and see