Author Topic: Fortress Hawthorns - Bring the Noise  (Read 47132 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Fortress Hawthorns - Bring the Noise
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2018, 10:17:39 AM »
The Rattles were banned at Custard Bowl and Vile Park circa 2001, sadly they still allow the Dummies in !!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2018, 11:04:29 AM »
It almost goes without saying because I'm pretty sure the whole ground will be pumped ready for the game on Saturday, looks like it's near enough a sell out, Sturridge should be starting and there's an event of some description being planned in honour of Regis too.

But let's make sure we're on song for this one (pun intended), drown out the saints fans and chant our boys on to a big win!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:20:55 PM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2018, 07:23:49 PM »
Apparently the clappers will have a Cyrille theme this time so not liable to get lobbed away and will definately be hanging on to mine

Though my mate in front is still going to get a few 'claps' over his bonce!   
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2018, 08:49:27 PM »
Apparently the clappers will have a Cyrille theme this time so not liable to get lobbed away and will definately be hanging on to mine

Though my mate in front is still going to get a few 'claps' over his bonce!
clap on his bonce! what's he been up to Frank?😁

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2018, 10:56:38 PM »
Fans could well make all the difference tomorrow. We've got to want it more. Engage those vocal chords!

COYB!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2018, 09:18:08 AM »
Full house ,fans pumped up, as SLADE said back in the day Cum On Feel The Noize!.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2018, 12:16:44 PM »
Last chance saloon tomorrow and we'll need to find a four leaf clover, a couple of snookers, roll double sixes, get a royal flush, put everything on black and then put the kitchen sink down on that ridiculous accumulator people have been talking about on the mathematics post.

It's not quite a sell out due to some weird ticket pricing and allocation problems for general sales, and regardless of what's happened with certain players the last few months and even what happens before/after the game itself with Stoke, Southampton and Swansea; Let's make sure we help them get the business done tomorrow and get behind big Dave and the lads at full volume!

Even if the 95% likely happens and we go down tomorrow, let's go down with a bit of pride and maybe even give another one of the "top 4" a bloody nose while we're at it!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:27:03 PM by Dan87uk »

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »
 It was great to see the passion back after several years of relative stupor. That was the best goal celebration for ages and a couple of those roars were reminiscent of the 60s! The Hawthorns is still a special place on its day. Boing Boing and thank you Big Dave.

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2018, 01:29:59 PM »
It was great to see the passion back after several years of relative stupor. That was the best goal celebration for ages and a couple of those roars were reminiscent of the 60s! The Hawthorns is still a special place on its day. Boing Boing and thank you Big Dave.

I was watching the game on some terrible stream in Hong Kong and blimey...the fans pretty much sucked the ball into the net, the atmosphere sounded incredible for that final 10mins. The Hawthorns has to be up there with the most atmospheric grounds on it's day.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

andibaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2018, 08:11:58 PM »
Where has the atmosphere gone?

I live away now 200 miles+  but come back over Christmas, during my 20+ years as a STH I've not heard us so mute. I know today there will be a swelling of the crowd with occasional visitors but i expected more what i witnessed.

The build up music was also appalling.

I've seen a few games on Sky Sports and iFollow and it's been as bad, strange times.
Baggiessssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2018, 08:13:29 PM »

I live away now 200 miles+  but come back over Christmas, during my 20+ years as a STH I've not heard us so mute. I know today there will be a swelling of the crowd with occasional visitors but i expected more what i witnessed.

I've seen a few games on Sky Sports and iFollow and it's been as bad, strange times.

Expectations. Cantering through games. There is no edge to this league.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2018, 10:13:26 PM »
I thought the atmosphere was good today. Not just at the Smethwick End. Probably helped by easily drowning out the couple of minibuses with Wigan fans.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2018, 10:24:53 PM »
I got to a few games a season and have to say I think the atmosphere has been better this season than last.

Although we have winning expectations, people seem more excited about going to games, something I feel had wavered massively under Pulis

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2018, 06:33:43 AM »
I could have sworn I even heard a few songs from the Brummie yesterday from my spot way back in the Smeth
It seemed like a pretty average sounding home crowd, against a mediocre opposition, with a small away following to me and agree that it needs a game with a bit of edge to it against an opposition who bring a decent away following to ramp up the volume and passion
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2018, 07:40:46 AM »

Expectations. Cantering through games. There is no edge to this league.
Try "cantering" against Sheff Weds on Saturday and we could be in for a nasty surprise.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2018, 07:49:40 PM »

A championship game against Wigan, which everybody is expecting us to win. Lose, and fans would be on their backs. Win, and it doesn't feel like much to celebrate - yay, we be Wigan.

I think the atmosphere has been better for the bigger games, but the ones we're expected to win will carry little in the way of noise unless frustration creeps in.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2018, 10:25:36 AM »
I think the atmosphere this season has been pretty good. Wednesday though first half it was terrible, felt like everyone was hungover and couldn't be bothered. I started to wonder whether the Brummie Road had taken a vow of silence. Atmosphere did improve second half. The Smethwick enders do usually do quite well but the atmosphere is only at its best when the Brummie Road comes alive.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2018, 11:07:36 AM »
I thought the atmosphere was good today. Not just at the Smethwick End. Probably helped by easily drowning out the couple of minibuses with Wigan fans.

The atmosphere at the Hawthorns has been better this season than last and it's easy to see why. Thank you Darren Moore et.al. That said I stand towards the back of the Smethwick and to be honest I didn't think much of the atmosphere on Boxing Day. Too much turkey? People hung over? Lack of away fans? These all probably played a part in this but who really knows what does or doesn't motivate others to sing or chant on any given match day?

To be fair although not that bad overall in my opinion the Smeth's nothing like it was a few seasons back. From my perspective there are any number of reasons for this. I won't be going into all of them though as in the absence of body language and facial expression posts are often misconstrued and perceived as disrespectful.

However, two things which really grip my inner dirt are when people turn up clearly expecting an atmosphere to happen as opposed to joining in and becoming part of one. I imagine this happens in all stands of our ground and further afield, it's certainly not unique to the Smeth'. Talking of a field I can think of no better example than the much famed Anfield Kop End. What an over hyped toilet that is (from this away supporter's perspective). Another is when a group get a song going and just as it's gaining momentum and taking off they're often drowned out by competing factions as opposed to joined.

I'd hate for chants to become choreographed as I feel this lacks both spontaneity and originality, but there are times when it's like being back in the playground. There has to be a middle ground, probably somewhere between common sense and the acknowledgement of others. Conversely I'm not telling people how to support our club. Some want to sing and chant and some don't and either is fine by me. It's the ones who moan both online and at games who do my head in, as do those who appear to think their efforts are more worthy of being heard than those of others.

Just a few thoughts...... with tin hat firmly on  :-X  ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2018, 11:28:29 AM »
I blame Moore for the poor atmosphere. too many exciting things happening on the pitch, compared to Pulls where you could sing for 90 minutes cause f all was exciting.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2018, 01:26:30 PM »
The atmosphere at the Hawthorns has been better this season than last and it's easy to see why. Thank you Darren Moore et.al. That said I stand towards the back of the Smethwick and to be honest I didn't think much of the atmosphere on Boxing Day. Too much turkey? People hung over? Lack of away fans? These all probably played a part in this but who really knows what does or doesn't motivate others to sing or chant on any given match day?

To be fair although not that bad overall in my opinion the Smeth's nothing like it was a few seasons back. From my perspective there are any number of reasons for this. I won't be going into all of them though as in the absence of body language and facial expression posts are often misconstrued and perceived as disrespectful.

However, two things which really grip my inner dirt are when people turn up clearly expecting an atmosphere to happen as opposed to joining in and becoming part of one. I imagine this happens in all stands of our ground and further afield, it's certainly not unique to the Smeth'. Talking of a field I can think of no better example than the much famed Anfield Kop End. What an over hyped toilet that is (from this away supporter's perspective). Another is when a group get a song going and just as it's gaining momentum and taking off they're often drowned out by competing factions as opposed to joined.

I'd hate for chants to become choreographed as I feel this lacks both spontaneity and originality, but there are times when it's like being back in the playground. There has to be a middle ground, probably somewhere between common sense and the acknowledgement of others. Conversely I'm not telling people how to support our club. Some want to sing and chant and some don't and either is fine by me. It's the ones who moan both online and at games who do my head in, as do those who appear to think their efforts are more worthy of being heard than those of others.

Just a few thoughts...... with tin hat firmly on  :-X ;D ;) .

I'm all for drowning out 'all go down'  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »

Certainly divides opinion  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2018, 02:28:45 PM »

Likewise, still waiting for this horrendous song to die of death.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2018, 12:05:14 PM »
The atmosphere has been fine this season. Certainly at a few of the ‘bigger’ games it’s been better this year than for a while. Boxing Day was always going to be quieter; a bumper crowd of non-regulars plus the day after Xmas so a lot of hangover nursing, plus it was Wigan

Smethwickender93

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2018, 08:35:30 AM »
Why why why do we keep singing the cabbage song about the villa. We go 1-0 up away at Rotherham and it’s all I hear from the cringey singing section. It’s embarrassing them singing that, especially when others are trying to get other songs going.

I hate the villa just as much but come on sing about the Albion and back them!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2018, 08:41:55 AM »
I thought Wednesday's support yesterday was excellent, probably best of the season. When they sing nearly all of them seem to sing and they seem to belt the songs out at the top of their voices. Quality support.