Author Topic: Six Nations  (Read 8216 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Six Nations
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:01:05 PM »
The Six Nations starts today. I really hope England do well this year. A very inexperainced team for England today at Scotland.
Come on England.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Six Nations
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:58:53 PM »
Great win for England.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Sealandair

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 09:31:22 PM »
Great win for England.

It was, but we was there for the taking. A better side than Scotland would have crucified us.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:59:16 AM »
They would have done yes, Ireland v Wales should be intresting today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 05:29:34 PM »
A great win for Wales right at the end.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 07:34:11 PM »
Quite an entertaining weekend.

Dan Parks has also announced his immediate retirement from international Rugby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/16931078

Scotland stand-off Dan Parks has announced his immediate retirement from international rugby.

Parks made 67 appearances for Scotland and scored 266 points, including 17 drop-goals, a Scottish record.

"I was thinking about it but the first game of the Six Nations was against England and being able to play was huge for me," said the 33-year-old.

"On reflection, after talking it over with family, I've come to the decision that now is the right time to retire."

His decision to step down comes three days after making the mistake that gave England a match-winning try at Murrayfield.

Early in the second half, a clearing kick on his own line was charged down by Charlie Hodgson for the only touchdown in England's 13-6 victory .

"Jacko (Ruaridh Jackson) was injured and being able to play against England was huge for me as there was a sense of unfinished business," Parks added in a statement released by Scottish Rugby

"There are some really talented guys coming through - Jacko, Greig (Laidlaw) and Duncan (Weir) - and although I'm sad to be finishing my international career I have some fantastic memories of playing for Scotland and what that has meant to me.

"I've no regrets at what has been an amazing career for me. I've got my favourite moments for Scotland - uppermost being the 2007 Rugby World Cup."

Australian-born Parks will continue his club career with Cardiff Blues.

And Scotland scrum-half Mike Blair reckons his presence will be missed at international level.

"The reaction of all the guys when Parksy announced his retirement said it all - stunned silence and emotion," said Blair.

"Dan is a hugely popular and respected member of the squad and his contribution to some of Scotland's most famous victories cannot be underestimated."

Head coach Andy Robinson did not select Parks in his first squad in 2009 but the former Glasgow Warriors playmaker fought his way back to play starring roles in wins against Argentina and South Africa.

He picked up three man-of-the-match awards during the 2010 Six Nations but went to last year's World Cup behind Jackson in the pecking order as Robinson tried to foster a more expansive game plan.

Robinson added: "I have really enjoyed working with Dan. He wasn't in my first Scotland squads, but through his own determination, hard work, skill and competitive spirit he forced his way back into selection.

"It's never an easy decision to make, but I feel Dan has made the right decision and thank him for his contribution over the years."

Parks is the third long-serving Scot to retire following a disappointing World Cup campaign, after Nathan Hines and Chris Paterson
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 07:39:51 PM »
I didn't see any of the opening games but it seems a very strange time to hang up your boots after one game of a tournament.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 08:18:54 PM »
I only saw the highlights of the Wales-Ireland match, and the second half of the Scotland-England match, but I think Wales could win it this year. Maybe not a Grand Slam, as I don't know how France are doing, but speaking to a Welsh friend of mine, he was saying that Ireland would be the toughest test and they won, so who knows.

He/him

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »
think wales will be the overall champions.
france can ebat anyone on their day but can also lose to anyone.

England looked very weak against scotland probably finish 3rd or 4th
O Albion we love you

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 09:24:51 PM »
It was, but we was there for the taking. A better side than Scotland would have crucified us.
True, but Scotland always raise their game against us. For an inexperienced side this was a great result, and hopefully the start of a new era.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 10:56:35 PM »
I'm a Welshman and don't mind saying that I have never seen anyone do anything more stupid than the Bradley Davies tip tackle. He should be banned for a year, no excuse.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 04:00:14 PM »
Come on England, quite a lot of snow on the pitch today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »
England winning 19-15
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

reiss

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »
ive tried wacthing rugby loads of times, but i just cant get into it, its so slow, its pretty boring

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 05:56:31 PM »
Great turnaround from England losing 12-6 at one point.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 04:53:57 PM »
England winning 9-6 at half time.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 07:22:10 PM »
I thought that was a last minute try.Ive seen the replays and I feel we have been robbed. Wether or not we would have kicked the tough conversion to get the draw is another matter but id at least have hoped we had a chance to get it. Instead the video ref bottled it and said no try.
Boing Boing

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »
For the video ref to give it there had to be 100% proof that he touched it down which was not there.
Wales dug out a win from one opportunist moment as all teams need to do on occasions. Good display by England.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 09:56:09 PM »
Wales have come from 16-0 down to beat France 24-19 in Paris in the opening match of the 2019 Six Nations Championship
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 11:50:51 PM »
Ah the wrong type of egg chasing.... for entertainment see Saints Wigan last night.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 11:52:28 PM »
Talk about a game of 2 halves, fair play to the Welsh but what a collapse by the French? Funny old game egg chasing
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2019, 01:33:20 AM »
Whilst that was going on, I was at my first Hull derby for Rugby League, saw my team Hull Fc  lose to a try 20 seconds from the end. Interesting experience being sat in the Rovers end!

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2019, 11:22:36 AM »
My plan was to have the derby Preston game, wales france game and the hull league derby on different devices, but settled in the end for the union.

France threw it away, quite literally. They don't seem to be able to get back to 90's/early 2000's France. Wales ground out the win. Home games against Ireland, Scotland and England now. Could they win the championships? I really hope not.

Expect our grand slam hopes to go down the swanny this weekend.
Boing Boing

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2019, 05:46:18 PM »
HT

Ireland 10-17 England
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2019, 06:10:04 PM »
55 mins
Ireland 13-17 England
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部