Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369231 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #9125 on: May 18, 2023, 02:51:35 AM »
"They aren't entitled to the information".

Remember that when you get huffy about fans protesting outside and inside the ground folks. A group of blokes from a land the other side of the world with no connection to your local community have no respect for you, your club or your community.

This pretty much highlights gap between most fans view of how football clubs should conduct themselves and the realities of the rights even of shareholders (not just fans) under UK company law. Here I am assuming this response has been given the okay by the clubs lawyers but it rings true given my layman's knowledge of these matters.

On many of the matters raised the Club can legitimately claim commercial confidentiality but as an across the board response to all the issues raised it is wholly inadequate and does seem to signal an unwillingness to engage with a Group that does have not only concerns shared by many supporters but does have money invested in the club.

Sadly I am not surprised by the response but it does not make it any less appalling.   

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9126 on: May 18, 2023, 08:18:01 AM »
Not Lai but not making a separate thread for this bloke too.

From liquidator podcast :

Breaking News:  The sole director of WBA Group Xu Ke (aka 'Ken') has refused to answer ANY of the 38 questions recently posed by the club's minority shareholders, claiming that they aren't entitled to the information and citing confidentiality.  #WBAFC

Actually I would have thought that as a shareholder you are entitled to know what is going on with your investment. however this is the response we all expected so it comes as no surprise.

As I mentioned before I personally think that the request is something that needed to be put into place before further [potentially legal] action by S4A. The club has had the opportunity to explain the reasoning behind the actions they have taken - they have chosen to go 'no comment'. 

If S4A are going down this route then I fully support them. 
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9127 on: May 18, 2023, 08:25:30 AM »
IMO, if Lai had planned to be here for the longer term, he would have addressed some of the questions posed by S4A. It would have been in his interests to have them on side.
If the rumours are true, & he is in discussions with other investors, he's probably been advised to play a straight bat.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9128 on: May 18, 2023, 08:42:32 AM »
IMO, if Lai had planned to be here for the longer term, he would have addressed some of the questions posed by S4A. It would have been in his interests to have them on side.
If the rumours are true, & he is in discussions with other investors, he's probably been advised to play a straight bat.

Not one from Wuhan then...........
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9129 on: May 18, 2023, 08:50:46 AM »
Not one from Wuhan then...........

Ha ha,  :) I was searching for another phrase, but couldn't think of one.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9130 on: May 18, 2023, 08:52:07 AM »

Based on what? Lai's been fronting for an investment group since 2016 and to date he's expressed little if any interest towards them. So how have you formed the opinion he'd be any more open but for potential investment talks? Because from where I'm looking there's zero evidence to support this.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9131 on: May 18, 2023, 09:22:55 AM »
Based on what? Lai's been fronting for an investment group since 2016 and to date he's expressed little if any interest towards them. So how have you formed the opinion he'd be any more open but for potential investment talks? Because from where I'm looking there's zero evidence to support this.

That's the issue really, there is no evidence to support any of Lai's intentions. The only thing it is fair to assume is that he will accept an offer close to what he paid, which is not going to happen. Anything else is absolute guesswork.
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9132 on: May 18, 2023, 10:22:49 AM »

Think I've qualified it by saying longer term, it's in his interests to have them onside.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9133 on: May 18, 2023, 10:32:38 AM »
Think I've qualified it by saying longer term, it's in his interests to have them onside.

The only thing you've qualified is that you're making an assumption based on a guess. He clearly doesn't give a flying fart about the 12% as proven over a near seven period or Shareholders for Albion in particular.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9134 on: May 18, 2023, 11:12:10 AM »
Has Ron the position become untenable, With this statement which came from owners mouth piece?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9135 on: May 18, 2023, 11:50:05 AM »
The only thing you've qualified is that you're making an assumption based on a guess. He clearly doesn't give a flying fart about the 12% as proven over a near seven period or Shareholders for Albion in particular.

I think I'll have to find a way of explaining myself better.

I know he doesn't give a flying fart, but S4A & A4A campaigns are now gathering momentum.
If he sees WBA as a continuing project, then it would be in his interests to open a dialogue with them.
The fact that he has chosen not to, suggests to me that he doen't see it as a continuing project.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9136 on: May 18, 2023, 11:51:38 AM »
Has Ron the position become untenable, With this statement which came from owners mouth piece?

IMO, it's pretty close.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9137 on: May 18, 2023, 11:54:09 AM »

I have supported him in the past, but the silence is deafening.
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9138 on: May 18, 2023, 12:10:35 PM »
I have supported him in the past, but the silence is deafening.

I think Paul's right, Lai has thrown him under a bus, difficult to see what Gourlay could say that would appease both sides.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9139 on: May 18, 2023, 12:34:30 PM »
I think Paul's right, Lai has thrown him under a bus, difficult to see what Gourlay could say that would appease both sides.

'I'm off' might be a good start
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9140 on: May 18, 2023, 12:42:33 PM »

I anticipate that he is working full time on the season ticket renewal notice, wordsmithing words like ‘excellent value’ and ‘competitively priced’ into it, as well as a load of other fiction….
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 03:18:41 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9141 on: May 18, 2023, 12:54:42 PM »
'I'm off' might be a good start

That would leave Ken and Lai to run the club, the exact opposite of a good start.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9142 on: May 18, 2023, 01:40:29 PM »
Big Ron is the Schofield of WBA, he wont quit unless he is forced out with a big package.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9143 on: May 18, 2023, 02:01:04 PM »
Ron's position became untenable when he said the ownership would repay the loan by the end of last year and they failed to do so. They threw him under the bus at point this is reversing the bus over him but frankly he will keep shilling for them as long as there is a pay cheque in it for him. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 02:02:36 PM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9144 on: May 18, 2023, 02:54:00 PM »
Big Ron is the Schofield of WBA, he wont quit unless he is forced out with a big package.

I hear that Schofield is always looking for a big package...... ;)
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9145 on: May 18, 2023, 03:26:11 PM »
I hear that Schofield is always looking for a big package...... ;)

Never has a problem with delivery slots either, the rewards of infamy.

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9146 on: May 18, 2023, 05:51:56 PM »

Add 14 years to that total. JP treated the minority shareholders with absolute disdain too.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9147 on: May 18, 2023, 11:09:53 PM »
Moral obligation would be a good start.
Well that could be attributed to every single part of society ….and there is much more important things than a football club?
Anyway, I don’t think the protests have had any effect whatsoever, the man at the top remains the man at the top.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9148 on: May 19, 2023, 11:41:12 AM »
Not Lai but not making a separate thread for this bloke too.

From liquidator podcast :

Breaking News:  The sole director of WBA Group Xu Ke (aka 'Ken') has refused to answer ANY of the 38 questions recently posed by the club's minority shareholders, claiming that they aren't entitled to the information and citing confidentiality.  #WBAFC

I think that this makes clear how little the folk at Yunyi Guokai investments are bothered about the opinions of a faraway rabble holding placards and shouting obscenities at them.  We might have done better to engage constructively and explain to them how their lead investor Mr Lai has been sold a pup and they would do better to persuade him to sell up before their investment goes completely south.

There is also the matter of potential legal proceedings over unpaid loans that might go to the courts and bring some untoward publicity that they really might care to avoid.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9149 on: May 19, 2023, 11:50:53 AM »
I think that this makes clear how little the folk at Yunyi Guokai investments are bothered about the opinions of a faraway rabble holding placards and shouting obscenities at them.  We might have done better to engage constructively and explain to them how their lead investor Mr Lai has been sold a pup and they would do better to persuade him to sell up before their investment goes completely south.

There is also the matter of potential legal proceedings over unpaid loans that might go to the courts and bring some untoward publicity that they really might care to avoid.

I've got some sympathy with this opinion, I also thought that the letter from S4A had a confrontational tone.

On the other hand, I can understand their frustrations after banging on a closed door for years.