Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 447641 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: James Morrison
« Reply #1775 on: July 26, 2018, 11:05:24 AM »
Morrison is on a reported £60k per week contract. If everyone else at the club has flexed down to, say half pay, what do we think James will be offered?

If it’s around £30k for a one year contract and he has suitors offering, let’s say £35k on a two year contract, he will go surely?

If he doesn’t accept what we offer, which is inline with what other senior pros are on, I would then let him go. But would hope he would accept our offer.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1776 on: July 26, 2018, 11:20:28 AM »
I know morals don't exist in football,but I thinks jimmy owes us big time, £25k PW for 12 months with a 12 month option in our favour or pay as you play.
After all he's not going to starve is he?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1777 on: July 26, 2018, 11:26:17 AM »
I had made provision for our FA and League games  :D

Ah yes silly me, I'd forgotten about that!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1778 on: July 26, 2018, 12:54:23 PM »
Pulis will offer him more and he will be gone.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1779 on: July 26, 2018, 01:25:04 PM »
Also seems seemed to drift along in to many games for me, when he was last fit anyway.
I hereby predict,  Jimmy will look good for a few games (3-4)then start to have no impact on games and then get crocked again.
That seems like a reasonable prediction to me. Even when he's been fully fit, he's had more anonymous games than effective ones. Based on him making 6 appearances last season and being 32 years old, I reckon it's time to cut our losses.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1780 on: July 26, 2018, 01:26:59 PM »
If Pulis offers him a fat 2 year contract he's an even bigger idiot than I thought.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1781 on: July 26, 2018, 01:57:26 PM »
We need to get Morrison tied down for next season. Would be a catastrophic decision to let him go.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

kanu

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1782 on: July 26, 2018, 02:03:51 PM »
We need to get Morrison tied down for next season. Would be a catastrophic decision to let him go.
This...all day long.
Morrison is a superb player when fit and Moore will allow him to express himself unlike Pulis. He already knows how to track back when needed so has it all to his game. We’ll also need old heads to cajole the likes of Field, Harper, Edwards, Barnes &co.
It would be madness to let him go.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1783 on: July 26, 2018, 02:13:11 PM »

I've seen nothink off James for over two seasons that would suggest not signing him would lead to that "catastrophic"
in fact the opposite might be more in line if we did;
It's a big gamble by the club taking into acount how many games he played for us over the last 2/3 seasons.
I see him as a 6 out of 10 player with the very odd few games when he runs at defences 8/10.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1784 on: July 26, 2018, 02:17:34 PM »
I would have agreed 3 years ago, no longer, he had contributed little in recent times and would not be a catastrophic loss based upon not having him available for effectively 2 of last 3 seasons.

53 appearances in 3 seasons (averaging 18 / season !!!)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1785 on: July 26, 2018, 02:22:20 PM »
Totally agree. We need experience and he can be a game changer on his day. Lacks consistency but has the experience we need at this level.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1786 on: July 26, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »
I've seen nothink off James for over two seasons that would suggest not signing him would lead to that "catastrophic"
in fact the opposite might be more in line if we did;
It's a big gamble by the club taking into acount how many games he played for us over the last 2/3 seasons.
I see him as a 6 out of 10 player with the very odd few games when he runs at defences 8/10.

If you can't assess our squad and consider the standard of the division and not see we need to keep our ONLY attacking midfielder (who is too good for this level by the way) then I can't help you.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1787 on: July 26, 2018, 02:30:27 PM »

If you can't assess our squad and consider the standard of the division and not see we need to keep our ONLY attacking midfielder (who is too good for this level by the way) then I can't help you.

Not keeping JM isn't catastrophic,
Not getting a AMF (or preferably2) who can be available to play will be catastrophic.

Would you argue that if Rondon and Rodriguez went, not keeping HRK would be catastrophic ?  Thought not !
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1788 on: July 26, 2018, 02:36:30 PM »
Not getting a AMF (or preferably2) who can be available to play will be catastrophic.

Would you argue that if Rondon and Rodriguez went, not keeping HRK would be catastrophic ?  Thought not !

They haven't gone and HRK isn't too good for this level. Next.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1789 on: July 26, 2018, 03:51:24 PM »

They haven't gone and HRK isn't too good for this level. Next.

IF
next !
Albion Family !!!

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1790 on: July 26, 2018, 03:54:43 PM »
Need to keep Mozza

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1791 on: July 26, 2018, 03:55:25 PM »
1) Morrison is barely too good for the championship. Hes not even the best central AM currently at the club (that for the time being is Chadli)

2) He could also easily spend another season mainly injured

3) Would probably cost around £5 million (if that) to get an equally good 32 year old as a replacement.

Conclusion - nothing 'catastrophic' about him leaving

Chadli is a 10 not an AM. Morrison is the only one (not) on the books.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1792 on: July 26, 2018, 03:58:56 PM »

Chadli is a 10 not an AM. Morrison is the only one (not) on the books.

Dunno what game you watch Jacko,

Where does number 10 play in football?

The attacking playmakers are sometimes called the "number 10" of the team, as they often wear the number 10 jersey. The attacking midfield playmaker will sit in a free role between the midfield and the forwards, either in the centre of the pitch or on either flank.
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1793 on: July 26, 2018, 04:07:26 PM »
Dunno what game you watch Jacko,

Where does number 10 play in football?

The attacking playmakers are sometimes called the "number 10" of the team, as they often wear the number 10 jersey. The attacking midfield playmaker will sit in a free role between the midfield and the forwards, either in the centre of the pitch or on either flank.

Morrison can drop back into central midfield when we haven't got the ball. That is an attacking midfielder. A 10 plays the role you suggest (Gylfi Sigurdsson for example). The former is what we need imo.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1794 on: July 26, 2018, 04:09:01 PM »

Morrison can drop back into central midfield when we haven't got the ball. That is an attacking midfielder. A 10 plays the role you suggest (Gylfi Sigurdsson for example). The former is what we need imo.

I give in, you know better than every resource i have looked at on t'internet. dunno why i'm surprised by that TBH.
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1795 on: July 26, 2018, 04:13:06 PM »
I give in, you know better than every resource i have looked at on t'internet. dunno why i'm surprised by that TBH.

You need better sources (try HP)  ;)

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1796 on: July 26, 2018, 04:41:00 PM »
A true 10 is a Kanu type. Essentially a striker given a free role to roam who tend to do the majority of their work behind the striker.

An AM is more of a Morrison type. Who does pitch in defensively. It's what Mowbray wanted Koumas to do, but he saw himself more of a 10.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1797 on: July 26, 2018, 06:05:19 PM »
No, we have to keep Morrison at all costs and then, if he either turns out not to be the same player that he was after his lengthy lay off or he gets injured yet again, having given him a place in the squad means that we haven't got anyone similar to come into the side.

Get another good quality AM in who's not been crocked for ages and who's younger. No-one is irreplaceable.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1798 on: July 26, 2018, 06:11:41 PM »
I'd move him on, if we are relying on him as our AM God help us, 53 matches in the last 3 seasons and we expect him to do a 40 odd season. averages a goal in every 9/10 matches and never hit more than 5 league goals in a season!
thanks for the memories James but we now need someone better and fitter.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1799 on: July 26, 2018, 06:14:25 PM »
Given how our hands are tied with 3 or 4  players and these clauses and the deadline sneaking up on us I'd offer Morrison a deal . The deal would be weighted in the clubs favour so it wouldn't sting too much if the worst happens.
Quality player especially at this level , could be very useful with quite a few younger heads involved this season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.