Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 447663 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: James Morrison
« Reply #1475 on: September 12, 2016, 02:44:19 PM »
Where was he the weekend?

Tony Pulis said he'd got a knock in training.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1476 on: September 12, 2016, 02:45:07 PM »

Ah must have missed that, cheers. Standing by my 'won't start more than 15 times ' this season
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1477 on: September 12, 2016, 06:30:30 PM »
Oh christ, I hope Tone hasn't identified a new bomb squad.
Tone's bomb squad consists of any player with a modicum of flair  ,which is why Gardner and mcClean will never have any worries of being part of it .

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1478 on: September 12, 2016, 10:44:33 PM »
So he wasn't fit enough to make the bench on Saturday, yet was able to play 90 minutes tonight?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1479 on: September 12, 2016, 10:48:48 PM »
So he wasn't fit enough to make the bench on Saturday, yet was able to play 90 minutes tonight?

Yes in a match that doesn't matter to BUILD match fitness...

Not hard to understand really? Still if it's a dig at Pulis it's worth posting right?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1480 on: September 13, 2016, 08:06:24 AM »

Not hard to understand really? Still if it's a dig at Pulis it's worth posting right?
You never fail to post to defend him no matter what, so that puts you in a glasshouse, right?

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1481 on: September 13, 2016, 09:40:17 AM »

Then again, he could still have made an injury worse, or been subject to a bad tackle. It's still 90 minutes on a pitch.

We played Delhi and Chamakh got clattered
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1482 on: September 13, 2016, 01:32:37 PM »
Morrison looked decent last night. As I posted elsewhere he was neat in possession and carried the ball well. Looked to play others in and was very aware; we won't mention his free kicks though :o . For me he's a week or two off full starting match fitness though. Just lacks a little getting off the mark.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1483 on: September 13, 2016, 01:37:48 PM »
Morrison is the only central midfielder we have who can come deep and carry the ball forward and link the midfield with the attackers...for me, we desperately need him back in the team!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1484 on: September 13, 2016, 07:27:41 PM »
Morrison is the only central midfielder we have who can come deep and carry the ball forward and link the midfield with the attackers...for me, we desperately need him back in the team!

I agree. He's not world class but he's very able and on form superb in my view - more to the point a fair bit better than the other options.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1485 on: September 13, 2016, 08:18:57 PM »
Put him in for Fletch and make him captain.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1486 on: September 13, 2016, 08:25:56 PM »
Morrison looked decent last night. As I posted elsewhere he was neat in possession and carried the ball well. Looked to play others in and was very aware; we won't mention his free kicks though :o . For me he's a week or two off full starting match fitness though. Just lacks a little getting off the mark.
I was there last night and agree, he is a couple of weeks off a return in my humble.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1487 on: September 14, 2016, 02:21:55 AM »

Mozza is not good enough to play in central midfield in a flat 442. We know that well from seeing him there in past attempts.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1488 on: September 14, 2016, 07:11:13 AM »
Mozza is not good enough to play in central midfield in a flat 442. We know that well from seeing him there in past attempts.

None of the central midfielders at the club are!!
Him and Yacob are the pick out of them fletcher and gardner
O Albion we love you

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1489 on: September 14, 2016, 09:24:42 AM »

Well last weekend if you look at the personnel it was was 4231 or 433 and I think if you swap Feltcher for Jimmy in our Pulis team then you'd certainly have the better player on the pitch. With Yacob and Field on the pitch it would allow Jimmy to push up the pitch a bit and play his best position.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1490 on: September 14, 2016, 09:41:06 AM »

Not sure which one of those things is (unfortunately) less likely

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1491 on: September 14, 2016, 09:50:50 AM »
He has played well there on occasions in the past .....granted some of them are a few years back now under Hodgson. If Yacob provides some balance, Mozza can pass and surge forward.  He's not the long term answer but he's good enough to do a job.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1492 on: September 17, 2016, 04:57:04 PM »
Class above when he came on.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1493 on: September 17, 2016, 05:44:56 PM »
Probably our most skillfull player, knows how to retain possession and makes defence splitting passes, we need him  to play. made a calming difference today when he came on. You could see he wasn't match fit for the first few minutes but he adjusted quickly to the pace of the game

The only wish I have is that he is not the strong physical player with attacking skills we need , if he was 6ft+ I suppose he wouldn't be playing for us.

With our new owners perhaps that's what we'll get ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:17:32 PM by halifax_baggie »

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1494 on: September 17, 2016, 05:47:37 PM »
I think Chadli is going to make the no.10 role his own. I'm not sure we could accommodate him in the midfield two. He is decent back up to Chadli though.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1495 on: September 17, 2016, 09:09:05 PM »
I think Chadli is going to make the no.10 role his own. I'm not sure we could accommodate him in the midfield two. He is decent back up to Chadli though.
Plus 1. Chadli has to stay 10 far stronger and physical than Morrison in that role,a steal at £13M

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1496 on: September 17, 2016, 09:24:35 PM »
Its a no brainer, Morrison in for Fletcher.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1497 on: September 18, 2016, 12:08:11 AM »
For me he was very calming today and kept possession nicely, I agree I feel he would do Fletchers role better because he's about 3 years younger and has better legs/energy for it.

It's nice to be able to sub guys like Morrison and Nyom on today which shows a bit of depth, with all respect last season it would have been Gardner and Lambert and it's just not as good when closing a game out. Whether Morrison is content on the bench however is another thought, but hopefully he will eventually start over Fletcher (not that I can see it happening).

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1498 on: September 18, 2016, 09:56:47 AM »
Morrison is just expensive cover for Chadli, he is no more the box to box midfielder than Fletcher is but for different reasons i.e. lack of physical presence. That said we are rapidly approaching the point where Fletcher's weaknesses might be a greater issue than Morrison's. Barring injury to Fletcher however we know that he won't be dropped.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1499 on: September 18, 2016, 11:46:02 AM »
Morrison is just expensive cover for Chadli, he is no more the box to box midfielder than Fletcher is but for different reasons i.e. lack of physical presence. That said we are rapidly approaching the point where Fletcher's weaknesses might be a greater issue than Morrison's. Barring injury to Fletcher however we know that he won't be dropped.

Fletcher was MOM in some quarters yesterday, I don't agree but he offers more than some see, when he went off V Bournemouth, we conceded, nuff said.
Baggie in Southampton