Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 447643 times)

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: James Morrison
« Reply #1050 on: December 22, 2014, 01:07:10 PM »
Morrison was very poor today but its the same Morrison who had his best game in a long while against Villa last week.

That's the thing with Morrison at this level though I guess, he just isn't and has never been consistent, has always had purple patches when you think he is a proper player but then goes missing and struggles to influence games.
"This crack is really moreish."

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1051 on: December 22, 2014, 09:10:39 PM »
i went to the Vile game and when the side se out i saw Morrison playing in the sweeper role and thought i had lost my mind.
then when they went down to 10 men and Morrison played really well i thought this genius of a coach had at last arrived.
Then when Delph came on and ran the midfield and Morrison hardly had a kick sanity returned to my head and then the panic set in  :o :o :o he might play him there against QPR, no surely not in a game of high tempo players flying around like wasps and a real pressure cooker of a ground. Just how would we get away with that?.
Well we didn't and he was given the run around as i feared. I am not blaming him, How can anyone in there right mind having seen him play and know the type of player he "WAS", play him in that position and have Mulumbu and Yacob on the bench.
Any faith i had of getting out of this mess vanished in an instant, god help us.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1052 on: December 23, 2014, 11:45:42 AM »
How can the new wonder boys in the backroom allow Morrison to be the one to make this post on the official club site, sure ther is truth in some of it, but Morrison, they are havin' a giraffe aint they.  They have certainly had some 'picking up' to do this year.

JAMES Morrison has insisted that the whole of the Albion squad will be pulling in the same direction as they prepare to tackle a hectic Christmas schedule.

The Baggies face Barclays Premier League champions Manchester City on Boxing Day, before heading to Stoke City two days later and then West Ham on New Year’s Day.

Morrison played the full 90 minutes of Saturday afternoon’s defeat at Loftus Road, where his side were unable to build on last weekend’s derby win over Villa.

But with three games in six days, the Scotland international says the player’s must take the positives from QPR into the ‘crucial’ festive period.

“We have to pick ourselves up,” said Morrison.

“On a positive note it is good for us that we have a string of games coming up thick and fast.

“The Christmas season is crucial to your season and in the past we have struggled.

“We are going to need the whole squad to pull in the same direction to get through this period.

“We have a massive three games ahead of us and we need to start winning.

“We are really disappointed with the QPR result but we must take the positives from the performance.”

The 28-year-old added: “Our next game is against Manchester City and they don’t come much tougher than that.

“We have a good bunch of lads in the dressing room and we all know what it will take to get a result against them.

“We just have to take the positives from the QPR game and give it our all, and then you never know what can happen.”

Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/albion-west-brom-wba-james-morrison-2157884.aspx#A0xQbw4VfbDw7Z0o.99
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1053 on: December 23, 2014, 12:50:30 PM »
"good set of lads, all pull together"  doesn't really cut it , simply platitudes, where is the

"we have been doing drills on defending corners and attacking from set pieces",
"the set piece takers have had extra training on delivery",
" the forwards had sessions against defence focussing on finding space and shooting practice" ............
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:04:09 PM by Albionic »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1054 on: December 23, 2014, 02:56:34 PM »
its far too cushy isnt it, blah blah this blah blah that
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1055 on: December 31, 2014, 09:09:49 AM »
Some classic quotes from Morrison on the official site:

"Every week you give your all for the head coach and the bond with the players was strong. You could probably see in the performances that we were all trying our hardest"

Last time I checked standing around like a traffic cone did not constitute giving your all or trying your hardest. His performance levels and work rate have been abysmal. I'm looking forward to Pulis putting the living fear into a few of them.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1056 on: December 31, 2014, 09:13:07 AM »

"Every week you give your all for the head coach and the bond with the players was strong. You could probably see in the performances that we were all trying our hardest"

Last time I checked standing around like a traffic cone did not constitute giving your all or trying your hardest. His performance levels and work rate have been abysmal. I'm looking forward to Pulis putting the living fear into a few of them.

Me too presuming Pulis does get the job. Some of these players will not know what's hit them.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1057 on: December 31, 2014, 09:14:18 AM »

If he honestly feels he's given 100% in every game he's played then he needs to be sold as he simply ain't good enough.

We all know what Morrison is capable of but even the most positive of Albion fans can agree that Morrison is far away from giving 100% each game this season.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1058 on: December 31, 2014, 09:21:37 AM »
tongue in cheek comment ?

Albion Family !!!

joeymayo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1059 on: December 31, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »

Well all managers/head coaches cant be wrong I'll bet he's in the team whoever is in charge, Mozza is one of only a few stars we have at this club.
Probably first name on the sheet when fully fit, class act
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:10:23 PM by OldburyWBA »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1060 on: December 31, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »
Well all managers/head coaches cant be wrong I'll bet he's in the team whoever is in charge, Mozza is one of only a few stars we have at this club.
Probably first name on the sheet when fully fit, class act .

I doubt many would question JM's ability.
Attitude ??
Application ??
Commitment ??
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:10:35 PM by OldburyWBA »
Albion Family !!!

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1061 on: December 31, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »
Bit off-topic from the recently quoted Morrison article, but I actually still see a future for him at the club.
Basically, as bad as he's been this season, the fact remains he's been played out of position. I would never want him replacing Sessegnon in an attacking role as he's inferior...but Morrison isn't a holding midfielder, and never has been.

It reminds me of Chris Brunt last year. In the end of his reign, Steve Clarke was putting him in the middle and it looked awful, then Mel put him on the wing and he looked transformed. My point is, Morrison isn't exactly Messi but even then he was always going to look a lot worse when played out of position, that goes for any player.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1062 on: December 31, 2014, 02:00:31 PM »
fair point, must be demoralising being played out of position, maybe thats why he looks so poor / out of sorts.
Albion Family !!!

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1063 on: December 31, 2014, 04:40:51 PM »
There is no excuse for his lack of effort. Watching Man City break on us from our corner on Boxing Day and watching Morrison and Gardner make no attempt to get back in time to assist Lescott & co was an eye-opener. Lescott's reaction to Morrison when the third goal went in from Silva was priceless. Pulis will not stand for it. Ability alone isn't enough, you have to work for the team and Morrison has been content for a long time to let games pass him by, when he has the talent to affect them.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1064 on: December 31, 2014, 05:32:28 PM »
There is no excuse for his lack of effort. Watching Man City break on us from our corner on Boxing Day and watching Morrison and Gardner make no attempt to get back in time to assist Lescott & co was an eye-opener. Lescott's reaction to Morrison when the third goal went in from Silva was priceless. Pulis will not stand for it. Ability alone isn't enough, you have to work for the team and Morrison has been content for a long time to let games pass him by, when he has the talent to affect them.

You mean when Lescott gave the ball away trying a very simple pass to Morrison that I would hope to complete 100 percent of the time?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1065 on: January 05, 2015, 06:24:34 PM »
ITV Central News---- Chris Morrison scored Albions 6th goal  ::) 
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1066 on: March 06, 2015, 02:24:19 PM »
Well done Jimmy Morrison, 250 appearances if he plays against the vile (200 League last Tuesday).

Love this paragraph, seems to know whats required for tomorrow

"The manner of the defeat is extra motivation, especially seeing them celebrate like they'd won the cup - not least as they'd been struggling and won it with the last kick of the game.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/west-bromwich-albion-james-morrison-baggies-throstles-2317453.aspx
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1067 on: March 06, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »
Nice one James.
Let's have another goal or two like the one linked in the video below for tomorrow please.
 8).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8shzB8WIeWA

The first aerial view of that goal from the Smeth' toward the end of the clip, was pretty much my view of it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:04:49 PM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1068 on: March 07, 2015, 01:37:15 PM »
We need a big performance tonight off the midfield they were awful on Tuesday.
lets bring the roof down tonight . COYB
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1069 on: March 08, 2015, 01:23:21 PM »
Another one who talks his mouth and backs it up on the pitch with **** all.

Is he out of the Villa players back pockets yet?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1070 on: March 08, 2015, 04:15:48 PM »
He was too far back for my liking yesterday. In that midfield we put out yesterday he is the only one who i thought could possible produce something but he was effectively forced to play as a defensive midfielder. I would have liked to have seen Mulumbu on and let Morrison go a bit further forward and provide some support to the strikers as they've had none at all in the past 2 games.
Smethwick..

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1072 on: August 23, 2015, 10:25:21 PM »
Best performance in a long while small wonder when played in his best position which is the attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. I would hope to see him playing away at Stoke in the same role.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1073 on: August 23, 2015, 11:05:18 PM »
Shame about the penalty miss.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1074 on: August 23, 2015, 11:05:19 PM »
Best performance in a long while small wonder when played in his best position which is the attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. I would hope to see him playing away at Stoke in the same role.

He has been very good in that position before, which is easily his best position. The problem is that our opponents figured that out and started to mark him out of games. When that happened he simply disappeared from games.