Author Topic: TV Games  (Read 141422 times)

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

TV Games
« on: October 10, 2018, 03:52:46 PM »
Villa moved to the Friday night. You must be joking

TWO more Albion games have been re-scheduled for live TV in the coming weeks.

The Baggies’ trip to Ipswich Town at the end of November and the home derby against Aston Villa will both now be Friday night live presentations for Sky TV.

Albion’s clash at Portman Road has been brought forward to November 23 with a 7.45pm kick off.

Two weeks later, Albion’s keenly-awaited derby clash against Villa will now go ahead on Friday, December 7 with an 8pm kick off.

The next wave off selections will be announced by November 9 and will cover the period between December 15 and January 12.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

Re: TV Games
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 03:59:29 PM »
I cannot believe the coppers have let the vile game to be played on a Friday night.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 04:01:43 PM »
Villa on a Friday night isn't that bad. Ipswich on a Friday night on the other hand.....

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 04:02:18 PM »
I cannot believe the coppers have let the vile game to be played on a Friday night.

Sky rule football didn't you know, bugger all the old bill can do about it.

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 04:08:29 PM »
Swansea away on Wednesday 28 November will be live on Sky Sports Football Red Button. 

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 04:17:43 PM »
Villa moved to the Friday night. You must be joking

TWO more Albion games have been re-scheduled for live TV in the coming weeks.

The Baggies’ trip to Ipswich Town at the end of November and the home derby against Aston Villa will both now be Friday night live presentations for Sky TV.

Albion’s clash at Portman Road has been brought forward to November 23 with a 7.45pm kick off.

Two weeks later, Albion’s keenly-awaited derby clash against Villa will now go ahead on Friday, December 7 with an 8pm kick off.

The next wave off selections will be announced by November 9 and will cover the period between December 15 and January 12.

Absolutely great news as far as I'm concerned. Cracking afternoon/evening/night on the lash, guaranteed an even better atmosphere in the ground AND I can now make Chepstow races on the Saturday!

bakebaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 05:16:54 PM »

Stinks for me. I live in California and rely on ifollow, all of those Friday night games get blocked out. At the current rate, about one third of this seasons matches will not be available to ifollow subscribers. The cost per match is going through the roof.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 05:34:02 PM »
Sky rule football didn't you know, bugger all the old bill can do about it.
Not true, they can refuse to police it which means the game couldn't go ahead.  Have a feeling they threatened to do this v Dingles
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

DutchBaggies

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 06:00:07 PM »
Brilliant!!  >:(  I now have to change my flight, and take a day off work most likely.   Was just going to go straight to Schiphol from work.  Ipswich on a Friday night?  You couldn't make it up. 

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 06:10:39 PM »
Not true, they can refuse to police it which means the game couldn't go ahead.  Have a feeling they threatened to do this v Dingles

If remember rightly, it was after the 1-1 draw at The Hawthorns, the game Clement scored for us in our first promotion season under Megson. After the trouble that night the old bill said they would never agree to another night match between us and the dingles. We've obviously had the 2nd leg of the play-off semi on a night against them since then but the nature of the playoffs structure would have meant altering that impossible. Albion v Villa games have seemingly not fallen foul to such sanctions.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 07:30:02 PM »
If remember rightly, it was after the 1-1 draw at The Hawthorns, the game Clement scored for us in our first promotion season under Megson. After the trouble that night the old bill said they would never agree to another night match between us and the dingles. We've obviously had the 2nd leg of the play-off semi on a night against them since then but the nature of the playoffs structure would have meant altering that impossible. Albion v Villa games have seemingly not fallen foul to such sanctions.

Anyone who was at the cup game at villa park can vouch for the amount of trouble inside and outside the stadium. This beggars belief or a London company who have no idea of football rivalry
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 07:36:58 PM »
Nightmare. I have work at 23:00 and have to catch the train back. The last game I wanted on a Friday night was Villa.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 07:39:19 PM »
It was a pretty strong possibility, glad I booked the Friday off for this weekend!

I'm miffed about Ipswich though, working until 11pm  >:(
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:48:01 PM by east-stand-nick »

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 07:52:13 PM »
Anyone who was at the cup game at villa park can vouch for the amount of trouble inside and outside the stadium. This beggars belief or a London company who have no idea of football rivalry

I was at Villa Park for both the cup game and the league fixture a few nights earlier which also wasn't without incident. I, like yourself, cant see why the WMP seem to have no objections to Albion v Villa games being on a night when they poo their pants at the thought of Albion v Wolves being on a night. Either way, night games on a Friday suit me just fine!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 11:21:04 PM »
This puts a real damper on what is one of the highlights of the season. Sky rules the roost and there’s not a lot we can do. I will be there nonetheless.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 07:55:02 AM »
I'm not a fan of Sky but from their point of view....this is probably the biggest draw in the Championship this year, especially with us scoring goals and Smith and Terry in at Villa, so they want max viewing figures. To get that they need either Friday night or Saturday 5.30 slots. You could say that Saturday 5.30 is even worse for potential trouble as fans have all day to drink and then have time to drink plenty more after the game. At least on a Friday a lot of fans will go to the pub straight from work and some will go home after the game. It's not ideal but it's probably the better of the two peak viewing slots as far as potential trouble goes.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 08:00:24 AM »
I'm not a fan of Sky but from their point of view....this is probably the biggest draw in the Championship this year, especially with us scoring goals and Smith and Terry in at Villa, so they want max viewing figures. To get that they need either Friday night or Saturday 5.30 slots. You could say that Saturday 5.30 is even worse for potential trouble as fans have all day to drink and then have time to drink plenty more after the game. At least on a Friday a lot of fans will go to the pub straight from work and some will go home after the game. It's not ideal but it's probably the better of the two peak viewing slots as far as potential trouble goes.

Sat 5.30pm also goes up against the BT Prem game too.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 08:05:35 AM »
can't make Ipswich now as I'm working until 6pm on that day, only working until lunch time on 8th so should be down in plenty of time for the Villa game. Was hoping Brentford on 1st December would be moved to a Friday or the Sunday.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2018, 08:41:51 AM »
can't make Ipswich now as I'm working until 6pm on that day, only working until lunch time on 8th so should be down in plenty of time for the Villa game. Was hoping Brentford on 1st December would be moved to a Friday or the Sunday.

Villa is on the 7th

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 10:53:09 AM »
Sat 5.30pm also goes up against the BT Prem game too.
Yes that's another thing

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 11:06:49 AM »
Villa is on the 7th

That's what I meant! Not thinking straight as I was only half way through my first coffee of the day when posting!!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 01:10:11 PM »

Stinks for me. I live in California and rely on ifollow, all of those Friday night games get blocked out. At the current rate, about one third of this seasons matches will not be available to ifollow subscribers. The cost per match is going through the roof.

Look in the woodman section sometimes you can find help there.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 02:25:23 PM by Political Cake »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 04:27:31 PM »
As things stand that's me ruled out for Ipswich.

Pity, I was looking forward to this one as I probably can't do Swansea on Wednesday 28th.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 10:22:22 PM »
Is this official? The Villa change doesn't seem to be on the Sky website, on our website or on the fixture list as far as I can see.
It's on BBC Sport website fixtures

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2018, 07:56:57 AM »
Do we get extra money for being on the box so much?