Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 778718 times)

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #925 on: May 30, 2015, 07:51:45 PM »
Thats what England need to use as a model in my eyes the way arsenal play when there free flowing, efficient and effective for tournament football, Stick theo upfront pack the midfield full of technically gifted players have a holding midfielder and let the wing backs bomb forward basically let everyone who has abilty to rome around and express themselves within reason. Rooney is wonderful player and has had a very good career but we need to build now for the future and hes someone in my eyes that delays that. Take the brakes off and give it a go there was signs in the world cup but its something we should be practicing everytime we get together.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #926 on: June 05, 2015, 08:38:32 AM »
Whos off to Ireland
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #927 on: June 05, 2015, 09:37:08 AM »
Whos off to Ireland

Im flying out tomorrow morning from Birmingham and return Monday evening, can't wait!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #928 on: June 05, 2015, 09:54:27 AM »
Im flying out tomorrow morning from Birmingham and return Monday evening, can't wait!

Lucky you :)

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #929 on: June 07, 2015, 08:24:36 AM »
Come on England, No surrendor.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #930 on: June 07, 2015, 02:37:44 PM »
chyte game
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #931 on: June 07, 2015, 02:55:29 PM »
Finished 0-0 with the ROI. Lot of huff and puff but not too much quality. Not suprising really at the end of the season.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #932 on: June 07, 2015, 02:57:37 PM »
Finished 0-0 with the ROI. Lot of huff and puff but not too much quality. Not suprising really at the end of the season.
Just a warm up for both teams. Ireland be happy with defensive solidity. England probably holding back a bit.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #933 on: June 07, 2015, 03:07:00 PM »
A lot of football being played yearly now for the top players bar the odd couple weeks here and there it's a schedule packed full of matches but mainly training,  I'm sure coaches access each player differently very busy indeed for these players I would say year round because I don't class 2 weeks here and there as sufficient rest.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #934 on: June 07, 2015, 03:08:39 PM »
'Friendly' or not, Paul Scholes summed it up perfectly from this spectator's perspective.

What a waste of an afternoon.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #935 on: June 07, 2015, 04:45:13 PM »
I browsed through the Argos catalogue instead. There really is an amazing amount of rubbish on offer. A bit like the footie actually.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #936 on: June 07, 2015, 06:17:44 PM »
I do like Hodgson but at the same time, his approach to England is becoming tiresome.
We shouldn't have the likes of  Vardy playing, or Cleverly near the team when they're nowhere near good enough. It's all nice and romantic for the likes of Vardy but he's bang average. At the same time, games like these should be viewed as tests for players who are on the fringes of the team. NOT, players who will never contribute anything to an England tournament.

ChrisRedditch

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #937 on: June 07, 2015, 06:31:39 PM »
Should have been played behind closed doors like any other training match.
Not right to charge the public to watch dross like that.
When it comes to WWFC
Be like the Grange Hill kids..Just Say No!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #938 on: June 07, 2015, 06:36:30 PM »
I do like Hodgson but at the same time, his approach to England is becoming tiresome.
We shouldn't have the likes of  Vardy playing, or Cleverly near the team when they're nowhere near good enough. It's all nice and romantic for the likes of Vardy but he's bang average. At the same time, games like these should be viewed as tests for players who are on the fringes of the team. NOT, players who will never contribute anything to an England tournament.

Out of interest - who should have gone instead of Vardy? Baring in mind Berahino and Kane are featuring for the Under 21s.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #939 on: June 07, 2015, 06:54:02 PM »
Out of interest - who should have gone instead of Vardy? Baring in mind Berahino and Kane are featuring for the Under 21s.
I get your point, the quality isn't there like it was with Sven (midfielders like Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham and Scholes would be the best players in the current squad, and the defense was far superior too).

Personally I'd have used Austin more than Vardy, as I believe he has a genuine future with England. Austin is 25, whereas Vardy is 28. Realistically, Vardy won't get anywhere near a tournament for England, whilst there's a good chance Austin will. Then there's Walcott who should have came on in Vardy's place as a striker.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #940 on: June 07, 2015, 07:50:52 PM »
We have done very well in this group so far infact i heard a commentator saying we could clinch qualification even before the second set of games with a win on Sunday, whether people think that is an achievement or not i think it is and we have done very well, Now ask me that 10 years ago and i would have said its massively small time, Funny how things change but that's how it goes .

We are not going to win it next summer as most know by now, But we need to find a way and a style that can get us as far as possible and give us the best chance of competing, Is it with Rooney upfront ? Is it with Wilshere playing in this holding role ? Milner taking up one of the wings ?. All big questions for me that the people getting paid to work out need to have a look at and a think.

Without having any worldly players we do have alot of very good players with alot of pace and excitement about there game in forward positions, Getting a good balance maybe there is potential there however we are country miles off putting it into place for some reason.

I personally would like to see, Townsend, The Ox, Walcott, Welbeck, Sterling, Young and more all in and around the team, We arent going to win it so why persist with the same approach, the last world cup showed signs for me i just hope we dont get put off by it and go back to the normal safely safely approach.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #941 on: June 07, 2015, 07:59:05 PM »
People still insisting Arry would do a better job  ::).

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #942 on: June 07, 2015, 08:21:55 PM »
Rooney at centre forward drives me potty.  He is much better in the number 10 role or in the centre of at attacking midfield of a 4-2-3-1 where he can get involved in the game.  It was a perfect opportunity to see Charlie Austin in the centre forward role.

Have to say what is the point of this friendly and the qualifier next week at this stage of the season when the players just look like they want to go on holiday.  There should be a slot somewhere during the season to play these games.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #943 on: June 07, 2015, 08:24:20 PM »
People still insisting Arry would do a better job  ::).

Arry would be more entertaining at least in his pre and post match interviews. Would get us all a bit more interested again I think.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #944 on: June 08, 2015, 07:41:57 AM »
The sooner Hodgson goes the better, his football doesnt suit the international game.He aint exactly pulling up trees in tournements is he

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #945 on: June 08, 2015, 09:11:56 AM »
I think the problem is, should the FA get rid of Hodgson, that they're lining up Southgate for the next Manager - If this were to happen, I think it would continue our stint in International wilderness
Twitter: @floydy1983

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #946 on: June 08, 2015, 10:02:44 AM »
i await the backlash but someone like Tim Sherwood for me

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #947 on: June 08, 2015, 10:09:23 AM »
i await the backlash but someone like Tim Sherwood for me
You been drinking mate? Sherwood!!!!!!!!! FFS. His head wouldn't get through the door at the FA's HQ.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #948 on: June 08, 2015, 10:39:25 AM »
To be honest - I think you need a figurehead that the nation can get behind, rather than an amazing coach.

Becks & Neville together for me
Twitter: @floydy1983

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #949 on: June 08, 2015, 10:43:35 AM »
To be honest - I think you need a figurehead that the nation can get behind, rather than an amazing coach.

Becks & Neville together for me

Went down that road with Kevin Keegan.
While I realise that doesn't mean automatic failure in future, I'd be surprised if the FA were to go down that route again.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.