Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 779386 times)

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #850 on: March 19, 2015, 01:40:53 PM »
Is John Stones injured? He'd be someone I'd like in the squad. Young, good with the ball at his feet, decent pace, and can play right back too.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #851 on: March 19, 2015, 01:43:05 PM »

nor me to be honest. Just goes to underline the fact that England is not producing decent defenders at the moment.

If that is the case, shouldn't the England Manager select the best available then?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

ranvir wba90

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #852 on: March 19, 2015, 04:16:01 PM »
Hodgson chosen clubs over form. Bertrand Austin Berahino  over walcott welbeck and shaw.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:14:15 AM by kris_boing »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #853 on: March 24, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »
Anybody excited with the fourth coming games, maybe Kane will turn out to be a regular international
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #854 on: March 24, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »
Looking forward to watching this game intact, if only too see how Kane gets on
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #855 on: March 25, 2015, 06:52:29 AM »
Going to both of them lithuania and italy, can't wait for italy but the only reason we're going to the lithuania game is due to the FA's stupid rule of gaining one cap for away games and now two for home games just so more people go to wembley. Absolute joke of a rule!

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #856 on: March 25, 2015, 09:28:37 AM »
Going to both of them lithuania and italy, can't wait for italy but the only reason we're going to the lithuania game is due to the FA's stupid rule of gaining one cap for away games and now two for home games just so more people go to wembley. Absolute joke of a rule!

surely it should be the other way round

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #857 on: March 25, 2015, 09:46:09 AM »

That's ridiculous.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #858 on: March 25, 2015, 09:49:06 AM »
surely it should be the other way round

You would think so wouldn't you, done by the FA to make sure they sell the home tickets.

Someone could spend a couple of thousand travelling across Europe to 6 away games and receive 6 caps whereas someone could go to 4 home and one away and have 9 caps and therefore having more chance of getting tournament tickets.

That's our FA for you

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #859 on: March 25, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »
You would think so wouldn't you, done by the FA to make sure they sell the home tickets.

Someone could spend a couple of thousand travelling across Europe to 6 away games and receive 6 caps whereas someone could go to 4 home and one away and have 9 caps and therefore having more chance of getting tournament tickets.

That's our FA for you

I think is typically synical of the FA, as they strive to make the new Wembly viable.

They should have built the new stadium in the Midlands on a greenfield site and maybe the wouldn't be so money grabbing, but I doubt that as well.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #860 on: March 25, 2015, 05:23:43 PM »
I think is typically synical of the FA, as they strive to make the new Wembly viable.

They should have built the new stadium in the Midlands on a greenfield site and maybe the wouldn't be so money grabbing, but I doubt that as well.
I did an extended essay, based on the location of the New National Stadium, for a degree course I was doing at the time. Everything pointed toward Birmingham as the ideal location. Then it became political. All common sense went out the window after that.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #861 on: March 25, 2015, 06:58:03 PM »

Its beyond stupid, was going to become england fans + member or whatever it called now for France tickets chance, but decided against it after this rule, Its f*****g stupid rule to try and get people to home game.

Just saved the money and will look for tickets through uefa and touts by the ground, cheaper than going to all the games
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:42:25 PM by east-stand-nick »
Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #862 on: March 25, 2015, 07:02:45 PM »
Its beyond stupid, was going to become england fans + member or whatever it called now for France tickets chance, but decided against it after this rule, Its ******* stupid rule to try and get people to home game.

Just saved the money and will look for tickets through uefa and touts by the ground, cheaper than going to all the games

Its worth it for the away games, I'm going to Italy, Ireland and Slovenia with in the next 10 weeks. A few nights in each country on the beer with mates, can't beat it!

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #863 on: March 25, 2015, 07:23:44 PM »
Thats true, Not sure how many aways i would of gotten to,
Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #864 on: March 25, 2015, 07:25:48 PM »
Its worth it for the away games, I'm going to Italy, Ireland and Slovenia with in the next 10 weeks. A few nights in each country on the beer with mates, can't beat it!

Evening.
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you do for a living?
You must be absolutely minted.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #865 on: March 25, 2015, 07:40:45 PM »
Evening.
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you do for a living?
You must be absolutely minted.

Haha, far from it mate just a normal job in civil service, the fact I'm 23 and live with parents still with hardly any responsibilities make it easier.

For Italy next week; return flights from Stansted to Genoa, return train from Genoa to Turin, One night in Genoa and one night in Turin and a match ticket has altogether come to £179 which I think is quite cheap, hostel may be a bit crappy but as long as I have somewhere to sleep and have a shower I'm not to fussed.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #866 on: March 25, 2015, 11:28:01 PM »
For Italy next week; return flights from Stansted to Genoa, return train from Genoa to Turin, One night in Genoa and one night in Turin and a match ticket has altogether come to £179 which I think is quite cheap, hostel may be a bit crappy but as long as I have somewhere to sleep and have a shower I'm not to fussed.

Fair play chap but you need to add transport to and from Stanstead, and most importantly BEER MONEY into the equation.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #867 on: March 26, 2015, 03:42:02 PM »
So Hodgson will be having contract talks with England soon, hope he stays on for another few tournaments.
the regime don't like it man

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #868 on: March 26, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »
So Hodgson will be having contract talks with England soon, hope he stays on for another few tournaments.

I thinks his contract negotiations will depend on the Euro Finals.He has failed the last 2 finals
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #869 on: March 27, 2015, 11:02:14 AM »
Haha, far from it mate just a normal job in civil service, the fact I'm 23 and live with parents still with hardly any responsibilities make it easier.

I'm doing exactly the same as you mate. See you on the flight to Genoa!

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #870 on: March 27, 2015, 12:11:22 PM »

I thinks his contract negotiations will depend on the Euro Finals.He has failed the last 2 finals

Not sure how he failed at Euro 2012. Got to penalties in the quarter final having only joined up a month before the tournament, having the weakest squad in a long time, and having a tonne of injuries that robbed him of 3/4 first team players.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #871 on: March 27, 2015, 12:54:45 PM »
The World Cup was so bad though.  I can't recall a worse WC.  Granted its the worst set of players any England manager has to call upon since god knows when but even so I think he needs a good Euro 2016 if he is to stay on.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #872 on: March 27, 2015, 12:57:26 PM »
The World Cup was so bad though.  I can't recall a worse WC.  Granted its the worst set of players any England manager has to call upon since god knows when but even so I think he needs a good Euro 2016 if he is to stay on.
USA? Didn't we fail to qualify at all for that one?

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #873 on: March 27, 2015, 01:42:01 PM »
USA? Didn't we fail to qualify at all for that one?

..... that we qualified for.   ;) ;D

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #874 on: March 28, 2015, 11:19:36 PM »
I thought there were some decent football played Friday night and it was good to see Kane score so quickly into his debut. Italy will be a tough test but this England team can give anyone a game.
the regime don't like it man