Author Topic: Can we get a season ticket refund?  (Read 56626 times)

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Can we get a season ticket refund?
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2014, 02:09:34 PM »
How may people on here have emailed the club for a refund? and how many have had any kind of a response yet? Ive still not had a peep from them.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2014, 03:23:40 PM »
How may people on here have emailed the club for a refund? and how many have had any kind of a response yet? Ive still not had a peep from them.

You said the same yesterday, maybe they are just ploughing through the backlog
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »

You said the same yesterday, maybe they are just ploughing through the backlog
I've heard nothing either !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2014, 04:03:32 PM »
Change of heart anyone?

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »
Change of heart anyone?

Why? because we might sign 1 good player to try and satisfy and keep quiet the angry masses. I had stopped posting on here as the happy 'sit down'clappers did my head in but as you know this isn't just about the appointment of Alan Irvine since JP took the club over we was a premier league team with a new stand and a training ground. He took us over on the promise he was keeping megson on but was telling Thompson to sack him previously. The club paid his 8 million Barclay loan off, the sacking and gagging of megson, the promise when he ripped the woodman down it was because the east stand could be increased, the scandal of forcing the fans (who saved this club) to sell the shares to him (on the cheap) the clever accounting (which has been reported on here before) the purchase of property (again using clubs funds)which has no connection to the football club and god knows where the ownership of these sits, the closure of the supporters club, selling 2 strikers in jan and not replacing them, the plans to rebuild the halfords lane and then shelves it to set up a drive through coffee shop, the current plans to buy more shares which information would suggest the club would pay for them, the awful treatment of pepe Mel, the low on how WBA is viewed in football circles, the treatment of the Astle family, the bomber campaign and wait for the new kit, take your pic there are plenty more examples I can list. At the moment he is panicking when have you known him approach the press?  I'm not that concerned that the club is a cash cow for him but destroying the clubs history (woodman/ club kits) and not helping the manager coach whatever to build on something I still feel a big part of WBA has left my heart and no I cannot go to Halesowen or anywhere else once a Baggie always a Baggie but at the moment possibly from afar unless JP changes his views and engage with fans I don't want 10 million pound signings and 50k a week players but last season we just needed 4 good players and things would have been so different.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2014, 07:40:39 PM »
Why? because we might sign 1 good player to try and satisfy and keep quiet the angry masses. I had stopped posting on here as the happy 'sit down'clappers did my head in but as you know this isn't just about the appointment of Alan Irvine since JP took the club over we was a premier league team with a new stand and a training ground. He took us over on the promise he was keeping megson on but was telling Thompson to sack him previously. The club paid his 8 million Barclay loan off, the sacking and gagging of megson, the promise when he ripped the woodman down it was because the east stand could be increased, the scandal of forcing the fans (who saved this club) to sell the shares to him (on the cheap) the clever accounting (which has been reported on here before) the purchase of property (again using clubs funds)which has no connection to the football club and god knows where the ownership of these sits, the closure of the supporters club, selling 2 strikers in jan and not replacing them, the plans to rebuild the halfords lane and then shelves it to set up a drive through coffee shop, the current plans to buy more shares which information would suggest the club would pay for them, the awful treatment of pepe Mel, the low on how WBA is viewed in football circles, the treatment of the Astle family, the bomber campaign and wait for the new kit, take your pic there are plenty more examples I can list. At the moment he is panicking when have you known him approach the press?  I'm not that concerned that the club is a cash cow for him but destroying the clubs history (woodman/ club kits) and not helping the manager coach whatever to build on something I still feel a big part of WBA has left my heart and no I cannot go to Halesowen or anywhere else once a Baggie always a Baggie but at the moment possibly from afar unless JP changes his views and engage with fans I don't want 10 million pound signings and 50k a week players but last season we just needed 4 good players and things would have been so different.

Very good summing up of everything that is wrong with the club, and much of the blame for it lays with Jeremy, that's for sure.
Anyway, has anyone actually had a reply from the Club yet? Other than the automated reply I mean.

jazzswinger

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2014, 10:47:51 PM »

well said Kirk, go with your initial gut feelings, peace is a .........

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2014, 09:48:14 AM »

This is the tip of the iceberg!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2014, 09:57:15 AM »
Don't mean to annoy anyone but suggesting we are signing one good player to appease fans is a bit silly - we've signed him because he's available, in our price range and better than anyone in the team currently - we've signed him to improve the team first and foremost. I could understand appeasement if we signed a £15m player who'd be a stand out star in the squad but this is good business.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2014, 10:00:10 AM »
Don't mean to annoy anyone but suggesting we are signing one good player to appease fans is a bit silly - we've signed him because he's available, in our price range and better than anyone in the team currently - we've signed him to improve the team first and foremost. I could understand appeasement if we signed a £15m player who'd be a stand out star in the squad but this is good business.

Its only good business if the intent is to bring in the rest of a team, rather than dampen dissenting voices.

If we don't make other good signings Lescott's wages are a waste of money.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2014, 02:31:13 PM »
Change of heart now for anybody with these potential signings.I have withdrawn my refund request.Club official crossed me off his list.
What else am i going to do on a weekend. still concerned with the way the club is being run so i will still be there tomorrow to join any peacful protest

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2014, 11:56:47 AM »
Anyone had an email asking for an address to send a letter to.Most likely saying sorry but you cant have your money back

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2014, 01:04:19 PM »

When you put it like that...  >:(

Makes for a grim list doesn't it. Let's see what this pre-season does, not at all out of a love-in with Peace, but to see if we have a ghost's left in the Prem come May...
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2014, 12:16:53 PM »
Got a letter today saying any ST holder who submitted a written request for a refund from June 14th-21st June would be welcome to a refund. Basically you have to send a letter to a given address to confirm your refund, otherwise the club assumes you have changed your mind.

Fair play to the club for doing this - a lot of people said that refunds wouldn't be allowed and accused the club of penny pinching. Admittedly I acted in the heat of the moment and will be keeping my ST, but if you truly want a refund then the offer is there.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2014, 12:24:24 PM »
Got a letter today saying any ST holder who submitted a written request for a refund from June 14th-21st June would be welcome to a refund. Basically you have to send a letter to a given address to confirm your refund, otherwise the club assumes you have changed your mind.

Fair play to the club for doing this - a lot of people said that refunds wouldn't be allowed and accused the club of penny pinching. Admittedly I acted in the heat of the moment and will be keeping my ST, but if you truly want a refund then the offer is there.

Well said and a good gesture from the club. Like you i had a change of heart which i assume many others have too

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2014, 12:25:01 PM »

Let them have it, but then if we start having a decent season and they want to come back tell them where to go!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2014, 12:41:16 PM »
Is it just me, or do people's attitudes change like the wind or on a whim?

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2014, 01:02:59 PM »

People react emotionally and then consider it logically.

I'd have quit after the great surrender... but I still have a ST and its for two reasons 1. Seeing my mates, who I wouldn't have an excuse to catch up with every 2 weeks (and without other halves); and 2. I like shouting at strangers... where else can you do that?  Sometimes even relives lifes frustrations - although last season it mainly added to them.

Emotionally I want to tell JP to stick it up his ar$e, but logically I want to go to the games, see my mates and shout at strangers more.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2014, 01:16:38 PM »

As Mr Cynical said, it was purely emotional. Generally I'm not an emotional person but when it comes to football I am, and since then I have had time to reflect on it more so.

For the record I was never one of the ones screaming 'PEACE OUT', I didn't care about a protest and generally I'm not as passionate as most fans - I don't think Peace is purposely harming this club either and do think his intentions are generally in the right place. However, I was upset with the decision - and still think it's a poor appointment.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2014, 01:23:33 PM »
Emotionally I want to tell JP to stick it up his ar$e, but logically I want to go to the games, see my mates and shout at strangers more.
Might you have logically and emotionally the wrong way round there?!  ;D

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2014, 01:42:17 PM »
Hopefully some people go through with their refund request, solely because of the utter contempt they had towards the club, its custodians, and the people on here telling them to calm down. If you're that susceptible to knee jerk reactions maybe you need to live by your snap decisions in order to learn from them.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2014, 02:03:56 PM »
Having been a Mod on here for a number of years i can say 100% yes to your question! ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2014, 03:28:44 PM »
If I was JP, I would refund all requests & then respectfully ask those not to bother applying again, sorry if that offends, just the way I feel at the total over reaction to the recent events.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2014, 04:19:25 PM »
If I was JP, I would refund all requests & then respectfully ask those not to bother applying again, sorry if that offends, just the way I feel at the total over reaction to the recent events.

Absolutely spot on, the way a few of our ‘supporters’ make these frequent season ticket withdrawal claims on the basis of something not going the way they would have ideally liked is pathetic.  Like spoilt little babies, embarrassing our support base.
"This crack is really moreish."

talkSAFT

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2014, 04:21:13 PM »
Wolves and Villa will welcome your support with open arms. But don't do it!!!
If you want to support a Club who does exactly what you want when you want it my advice is to go to Man City or Chelsea. (You've probably got ManU in mind, but I've a feeling they're not going to win anything for a few years).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:28:28 PM by Dexy »