Author Topic: Can we get a season ticket refund?  (Read 56622 times)

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Can we get a season ticket refund?
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2014, 02:54:42 PM »
Peace has appointed him and last time I checked you're supposed to see what happens before you start blaming people. I think he's the wrong appointment but how can some people not see that protesting, slating the head coach and saying how disgraceful it is is absolutely insane until he proves to be the wrong appointment. You could be there protesting and saying Irvine out and he could win our first five games. I don't think he will but until he's lost them don't treat him or the club like he has. If this does turn out to be a positive appointment who's going to look fickle when opinions change? You're making bolt statements that are printed in press and painted on bed sheets on the gates then you better be psychic and fortune tellers.

And before I get branded a blind optimistic who's being delusional I reinforce I don't think he's right for us but he's not even moved into his office yet. Slating Peace as the final straw before we see the result of the appointment is pathetic. What if it works out and you've spent time, effort and money on protests and you look stupid? Through sheer anger and embarrassment at our fans, come on Irvine show us why you've been hired. If he fails I'll join the Peace Out brigade. But I'm not French, he's innocent until proven guilty.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2014, 02:58:08 PM »
Peace has appointed him and last time I checked you're supposed to see what happens before you start blaming people. I think he's the wrong appointment but how can some people not see that protesting, slating the head coach and saying how disgraceful it is is absolutely insane until he proves to be the wrong appointment. You could be there protesting and saying Irvine out and he could win our first five games. I don't think he will but until he's lost them don't treat him or the club like he has. If this does turn out to be a positive appointment who's going to look fickle when opinions change? You're making bolt statements that are printed in press and painted on bed sheets on the gates then you better be psychic and fortune tellers.

And before I get branded a blind optimistic who's being delusional I reinforce I don't think he's right for us but he's not even moved into his office yet. Slating Peace as the final straw before we see the result of the appointment is pathetic. What if it works out and you've spent time, effort and money on protests and you look stupid? Through sheer anger and embarrassment at our fans, come on Irvine show us why you've been hired. If he fails I'll join the Peace Out brigade. But I'm not French, he's innocent until proven guilty.

Agree with the sentiment 100% pal, but, your assuming that JP gives a chiselled s***, Alan Irvine should be given every chance, this isn't what it's about; I for one will be singing "Alan Irvine's White with blue pinstriped army"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:43:04 AM by Quakes Fan »
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2014, 03:00:54 PM »

Fully understand where your coming and fully respect your comments.

However, sitting back previously has got us nowhere except back to square one or worse, we all have a 'feeling' how this is going to pan out, and unless Peace has a good reason for this strange appointment, unless he is prepared to publicly 'put us all right and assure us' this is the right decision then I think all paying public and paying sponsors and investors have a god given right to express their disappointment and concerns.

kamarasboot

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »

Understand what you're saying, but at some point you have to take a stand, otherwise we'll just be going round in a vicious circle. When is it ok to protest? Irvine comes in loses 8 of his first 10, JP sacks him and spends another month doing 'Due Dilligence' and appoints someone equally poor the circle continues - but we can't protest because we have to give people a chance.
"He can dish it out, but He cannot take it", I once heard someone say of me. And it's true - I serve school dinners and I'm allergic to mashed potatoes.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2014, 03:08:51 PM »

Ok, lets look at the "catalogue of disasters" you have outlined...

1. The cynical announcement and the comments made to the press. These are merely annoyances rather than "disasters", and they are only issues due to the fact you don't agree with the appointment of Irvine. So for me, it's essentially the same point. If Sherwood had been appointed, these would not be mentioned.

2. Attempt to buy more shares on the cheap. He is buying the shares with the intention to sell up. Why is this such an issue if you want him out? This not a good thing? "On the cheap" - I don't usually make a habit of paying extra for things for the sake of it either.

3. Generous salary. Agreed he is probably paid £500k too much. But the guy has overseen Albion's most successful period in nearly 30 years. Also, what he gets paid really doesn't affect me in the slightest as to whether I want to go watch my beloved Baggies.

4. Treatment of ex players. OK, I don't know too much exactly what you are alluding to here. Someone please outline for me? Either way, again I don't see how it can affect how I feel about going to a match.

Point 1. I am not going to waste my time giving you more examples on the disasters. So you are happy with the way last season panned out then? Even JP said that mistakes were made. 

Point 2. So you don't mind him apparently using club assets to fund the purchase when he finally sells out?

Point 3. Whilst I don't disagree with you I still believe that what he pays himself is out of proportion for the size of club we are.

Point 4. That wasn't me, you've got mixed up with another poster.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2014, 03:10:34 PM »

Excellent post, I agree 100%.
"This crack is really moreish."

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2014, 03:17:28 PM »
Can you not see the embarrassment already put on the club by JP after this appointment? it makes it sound like we're the only ones who think its a bad choice - check the social media outlets - JP has done far more 'embarrassing' damage to this club than what the fans are doing now. I would suspect majority of fans from other clubs are actually sympathetic to us rather than embarrassed for us.

What I can see is a club that is debt free run by people who know how to balance the books (you don't have to go too far back in history to see EX Prem teams who are now languishing in lower leagues), a club that is probably the best run in the Football League/Premier, a club about to embark on its FIFTH season in the top flight, a club who's consistently kept season ticket prices amongst the lowest in the League, I probably could go on but you get the gist.

Yes Peace makes mistakes & this could prove to be his biggest but equally it could work out to be a good appointment, none of us know right now, as I think psalm pointed out, how daft will you feel if we have a great season & you got a refund & missed it all.   
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Baggie953

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2014, 03:18:39 PM »
As far as I'm concerned enough is enough and I have lost interest in attending games; and confidence in the current owners. Peace has never listened to the fans so the only option, as I see it, is to leave an empty hole where I have sat for many seasons! 

I'm not getting any response from the Ticket Office to requests to cancel my season ticket.

I guess they are being inundated but has anyone had any luck?

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2014, 03:19:29 PM »
As far as I'm concerned enough is enough and I have lost interest in attending games; and confidence in the current owners. Peace has never listened to the fans so the only option, as I see it, is to leave an empty hole where I have sat for many seasons! 

I'm not getting any response from the Ticket Office to requests to cancel my season ticket.

I guess they are being inundated but has anyone had any luck?

Email mark Jenkins as many others are

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2014, 03:20:34 PM »

Thats what we are told when we call the ticket office
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2014, 03:23:19 PM »

Thats what we are told when we call the ticket office

He won't reply but if we know everyone is emailing him, we can force his corner as to why he is ignoring everyone's email, hopefully the press can ask that question

kamarasboot

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2014, 03:26:49 PM »
What I can see is a club that is debt free run by people who know how to balance the books (you don't have to go too far back in history to see EX Prem teams who are now languishing in lower leagues), a club that is probably the best run in the Football League/Premier, a club about to embark on its FIFTH season in the top flight, a club who's consistently kept season ticket prices amongst the lowest in the League, I probably could go on but you get the gist.

Yes Peace makes mistakes & this could prove to be his biggest but equally it could work out to be a good appointment, none of us know right now, as I think psalm pointed out, how daft will you feel if we have a great season & you got a refund & missed it all.   

I won't feel daft, I stopped attending games mid last season purely because as a fan I no longer feel connected with the club and haven't renewed this season - nothing to do with Irvine's appointment.

As for the 1st part of your post, it kind of ducks the question, yes we're well run, yes we're coming into our fifth premiership season - but there's also fans of 91 other leagues clubs wetting themselves about our predicament. I hope Irvine shocks everyone, I have my doubts, but if he doesn't and it goes how majority of fans expect it to, please feel free to let me know how it feels to be a well run, debt free club.

"He can dish it out, but He cannot take it", I once heard someone say of me. And it's true - I serve school dinners and I'm allergic to mashed potatoes.

gingaprince

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »
You will not get a refund out of the Albion. They would take the hole out your last polo if they could!

( also it is in their terms and conditions)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2014, 03:41:26 PM »
You will not get a refund out of the Albion. They would take the hole out your last polo if they could!

( also it is in their terms and conditions)

If they who dont get a refund and dont want to go just sell your seat on a match basis or obviously to someone who wants to buy your ticket.Not many then :)
Sell your season tickets via whatever means and the club wont sell anymore of whats left.Hit them that way
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 03:44:59 PM by WBAinDEVON »

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »
I reckon a member of the admin staff are now frantically mail merging a letter which says something like.

Dear xxx

Thank you for your recent letter. Season tickets are sold on a non refundable basis, please see section xxx of the terms and conditions which are outlined below.

Now jog on suckers.

Yours sincerely

Mark Jenkins

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2014, 04:53:44 PM »
Just had an email from Simon Carrington the clubs legal counsel/secretary.The club will respond to me in due course

Baggie953

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2014, 04:56:14 PM »

Thanks for the advice, email sent.

Such a shame that it has come to this but I cannot sit here and accept what is happening at the Albion without airing my views. What's next, shirts sponsored by "Budget rent-a-car" and eating snacks from 'Happy Shopper'! and I guess blue dye must cost more than white hence the new pin-stripe shirts!

Frustrated!!

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »
Just had an email from Simon Carrington the clubs legal counsel/secretary.The club will respond to me in due course

Obviously very concerned by the large number of requests they are getting

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2014, 05:32:30 PM »
I can't see the club sanctioning any refunds. If they do then it will set a precedent and any signing we make that people are unhappy with or any other decision that is made can mean fans will try and get a refund over any decision they don't agree with.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2014, 05:55:17 PM »
I've not even had a reply but I guess they are counting how many have requested a refund
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2014, 06:02:53 PM »
I've not even had a reply but I guess they are counting how many have requested a refund

Hopefully 16,000!

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2014, 08:20:51 PM »
Hopefully 16,000!
It will not be 16,000, I for one will not be asking for a refund. I am shocked by the appointment, but it's not enough to stop me attending next season.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2014, 08:56:15 PM »
Very simply when sensible decisions are made with the clubs best interest at heart along with its supporters. Get used to your pathetic yawn jibe as you will be doing plenty of yawning next season.  Look me up in a few years when no doubt I will be at Grimsby on a Wednesday night but some how I doubt you will be there. Yawn!
Nice chip shop just down from the ground on the Cleethorpes sea front.  Don't believe I'll be visiting it anytime soon.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2014, 09:04:24 PM »
Just wondering how many of our players will be inspired by this appointment.
Not that I am to worried about who leaves at this moment, but I bet they will.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2014, 10:33:16 PM »
I'm really struggling to understand why some people cannot appreciate that the level of anger is not directed at Irvine, he applied and got the job, good luck Alan, We really want you to be a success.

The anger is about the deceit, the devaluing of our traditions, the lack of integrity in dealings with customers / stakeholders.

The customers were fans now they are simply dis-enchanted bystanders while WBA holdings ploughs forward with an agenda which none of us understand, cannot buy into or get behind.

For the record I have been an outspoken supporter of JP's tenure, he HAS in the PAST done very good things for the club, I don't begrudge an OTT salary / dividend for a chairman who drives the club forward, but it is totally unacceptable to act in the manner of recent weeks.

Abusing a good man (MEL)
Dis-respecting a legends family (Astle)
Financially deceiving fans from one of the poorest demographics in the country (wait until 14 days after season ticket closure, then attempting to bury the news of Alan Irvines appointment)
Using stalking hoses in the "selection" process
PR gaffe after PR gaffe (Happy fathers day, my ass)
The strip debacle
Losing sponsors

I'm sure I could go on with stuff regarding the football department, but the point is JP has presided over this, he takes the cream, he now has to take the bile his actions have generated.

Saddened, dis-illusioned but still a life long Baggie
COYB
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!