Author Topic: Can we get a season ticket refund?  (Read 56665 times)

jgwbaggie

• WBA Newbie

Re: Can we get a season ticket refund?
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2014, 11:45:56 AM »
all i will be doing is go up this season but after 41 years as a season ticket it is sad that this will be my last has i have had enough of watching this great club being torn apart by this chairman

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »
I can't believe the amount of fans that want a refund on their season ticket just because of the appointment of a Head Coach they don't agree with. Whilst I understand the anger, and I feel totally underwhelmed, I am disappointed by this over reaction from some of our fans. For me, it doesn't matter who is in charge, who our players are, or what division we are in. Albion is my club, and it would take A LOT more than just a bad appointment to stop me from going to the matches. I don't love the players, I don't love the manager, or the board or any of the staff. I love the feeling of waking up on a Saturday morning buzzing to be going to the Hawthorns whether we are playing Man United or Colchester. I love the butterflies I get every game walking up the steps and looking out onto the pitch. I love the days out, the fans, the incredible passion, and I love the club. Lets all take a deep breath and get some perspective.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »
I know someone who has been granted a re fund after stating in writing his reasons and claim 
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2014, 12:04:09 PM »
I can't believe the amount of fans that want a refund on their season ticket just because of the appointment of a Head Coach they don't agree with. Whilst I understand the anger, and I feel totally underwhelmed, I am disappointed by this over reaction from some of our fans. For me, it doesn't matter who is in charge, who our players are, or what division we are in. Albion is my club, and it would take A LOT more than just a bad appointment to stop me from going to the matches. I don't love the players, I don't love the manager, or the board or any of the staff. I love the feeling of waking up on a Saturday morning buzzing to be going to the Hawthorns whether we are playing Man United or Colchester. I love the butterflies I get every game walking up the steps and looking out onto the pitch. I love the days out, the fans, the incredible passion, and I love the club. Lets all take a deep breath and get some perspective.

When will people realise it's not just about the appointment. That was just the straw that broke the camels back. There's a massive collection of reasons, the timing of when it was announced, the treatment of Pepe Mel, the treatment of the Astle family an other ex players for that matter, the fact Downing and Keily are still in post. The list goes on and on.

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2014, 12:14:38 PM »
When will people realise it's not just about the appointment. That was just the straw that broke the camels back. There's a massive collection of reasons, the timing of when it was announced, the treatment of Pepe Mel, the treatment of the Astle family an other ex players for that matter, the fact Downing and Keily are still in post. The list goes on and on.

Apart from the Astle issue, that is essentially all the same point. i.e. You don't agree with the choice of coaching staff.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »
You're quite right it is not just this appointment it is a whole stream of things.

Even the sponsors and investors are expected not just to give money but expect 2nd rate treatment.

The treatment of ex players by this regime is shocking and shambling, and is amongst the worst if not the worst across all divisions.

It is all about the £ sign, which is fine to a degree, however there has to be some compassion and understanding along the way, otherwise you will run out of sponsors and people willing to give their services and time for free, and in some cases at their cost

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2014, 12:48:00 PM »
Apart from the Astle issue, that is essentially all the same point. i.e. You don't agree with the choice of coaching staff.

With due respect, as BB74 alluded to this, it is not just about the appointment. It is the way the club is being run and the real motives of JP. There has been a catalogue of disasters, the club being less than truthful with the fans, etc. The comments made by JP a month ago were empty promises as this appointment in no way matches with what he said. Then you can add the cynical announcement just before the England game to possibly attempt to lessen the adverse reaction the club was sure to expect. Add to that his attempt to buy more shares on the cheap to gain absolute control and allegedly using club assets for funding this and on top of that paying himself a very generous salary but tight on running the club.

These grievances are mainly against Peace and the new appointment has been the tipping point for many season ticket holders wanting a refund because they feel conned.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2014, 12:50:43 PM »
With due respect, as BB74 alluded to this, it is not just about the appointment. It is the way the club is being run and the real motives of JP. There has been a catalogue of disasters, the club being less than truthful with the fans, etc. The comments made by JP a month ago were empty promises as this appointment in no way matches with what he said. Then you can add the cynical announcement just before the England game to possibly attempt to lessen the adverse reaction the club was sure to expect. Add to that his attempt to buy more shares on the cheap to gain absolute control and allegedly using club assets for funding this and on top of that paying himself a very generous salary but tight on running the club.

These grievances are mainly against Peace and the new appointment has been the tipping point for many season ticket holders wanting a refund because they feel conned.

Perhaps he is trying to wear down the remaining investors so he can get their shares on the cheap, won't work with me though, I am not letting him have mine then sell the club and make a personal fortune and leave us in the brown stuff

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »
Any of you got a refund yet?

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2014, 02:08:59 PM »
I've called and emailed. The lady on the phone sounded thoroughly fed up!

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2014, 02:18:52 PM »
Email sent I will update when I receive a response.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2014, 02:19:49 PM »
Yes keep us updated folks

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2014, 02:23:36 PM »

Ok, lets look at the "catalogue of disasters" you have outlined...

1. The cynical announcement and the comments made to the press. These are merely annoyances rather than "disasters", and they are only issues due to the fact you don't agree with the appointment of Irvine. So for me, it's essentially the same point. If Sherwood had been appointed, these would not be mentioned.

2. Attempt to buy more shares on the cheap. He is buying the shares with the intention to sell up. Why is this such an issue if you want him out? This not a good thing? "On the cheap" - I don't usually make a habit of paying extra for things for the sake of it either.

3. Generous salary. Agreed he is probably paid £500k too much. But the guy has overseen Albion's most successful period in nearly 30 years. Also, what he gets paid really doesn't affect me in the slightest as to whether I want to go watch my beloved Baggies.

4. Treatment of ex players. OK, I don't know too much exactly what you are alluding to here. Someone please outline for me? Either way, again I don't see how it can affect how I feel about going to a match.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2014, 02:24:53 PM »
Try emailing mark Jenkins, I am sure he will get the message once he has 16000 plus emails, I have his address if you want it

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2014, 02:33:51 PM »
Can anybody not see the embarrassment this is piling on OUR club (  ??? oh yeah  ??? but Peace blah blah blah)

Just stop for a minute & think about what you're doing, if you don't want to go to the games anymore, fine! but you don't have to shout it from the rooftops just because nasty old Jeremy took his ball home, sorry people but thats what its beginning to sound like.

Where's the love for West Bromwich Albion that we are all supposed to have? protest's, banners, refunds  :-[ this is heartbreaking, I never thought I'd see this kind of stuff from the fans of this great club   :'(

Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »
Can anybody not see the embarrassment this is piling on OUR club (  ??? oh yeah  ??? but Peace blah blah blah)

Just stop for a minute & think about what you're doing, if you don't want to go to the games anymore, fine! but you don't have to shout it from the rooftops just because nasty old Jeremy took his ball home, sorry people but thats what its beginning to sound like.

Where's the love for West Bromwich Albion that we are all supposed to have? protest's, banners, refunds  :-[ this is heartbreaking, I never thought I'd see this kind of stuff from the fans of this great club   :'(

Astle, Honour the Bomber are only but a few.They wont even contribute towards the three degrees statue.Last season and whats happening now is the tip of the ice berg.If i dont get a refund then i will donate my seat to charity and i wont renew until Peace has gone.Ok if we are doing better than expected i will pick and choose

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2014, 02:39:30 PM »

Hallelujah this man!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2014, 02:39:41 PM »

Agree 100%. It's all well and good being angry and not wanting to go, but wishing a man who merely applied for the job (and who must himself feel he can do a good job) away and abusing him and saying they wish the club would get relegated. If you wanted the club relegated you'd be ecstatic. It's not some 'necessary evil' it's idiotic. You're so mad that the club has made an appointment that instead of hoping and praying it goes ok you HOPE we go down? That's imbecilic.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2014, 02:40:23 PM »
Hallelujah this man!
So is everyone expected to sit back and take the rubbish this man. Is bringing on this club

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2014, 02:41:17 PM »
Have you stopped to consider that it's Peace's actions that have piled embarrassment on the club? If he didn't keep doing things which made the fans feel disaffected, none of this would be happening. You're trying to push onto the fans what you should be blaming him for.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2014, 02:42:45 PM »

Of course it's heartbreaking, however it's heartbreaking to see how Peace is just railroading things through and making a complete mockery of our club with his ridiculous statements and signings, time something was done

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2014, 02:47:17 PM »
And STILL people are pandering to JP! incredible
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

kamarasboot

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »
Can anybody not see the embarrassment this is piling on OUR club ??? oh yeah  ??? but Peace blah blah blah)

Can you not see the embarrassment already put on the club by JP after this appointment? it makes it sound like we're the only ones who think its a bad choice - check the social media outlets - JP has done far more 'embarrassing' damage to this club than what the fans are doing now. I would suspect majority of fans from other clubs are actually sympathetic to us rather than embarrassed for us.
"He can dish it out, but He cannot take it", I once heard someone say of me. And it's true - I serve school dinners and I'm allergic to mashed potatoes.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2014, 02:49:40 PM »

if it was purely about this appointment I would probably agree with you. Most of us feel this is the last straw as far as Peace is concerned. PEACE OUT.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2014, 02:53:08 PM »
So is everyone expected to sit back and take the rubbish this man. Is bringing on this club

I too am angry, disappointed, and underwhelmed with the situation the club is currently in. However, the main point I'm trying to make is that it is nowhere near bad enough for me to even consider giving up my season ticket. I have a feeling the team will need our support next season more than ever.