Author Topic: Roman Bednar signs for Blackpool on free  (Read 38000 times)

Kicking Pigeons

Re: Bednar
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 11:59:33 AM »

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 12:01:21 PM »
Never understood why this guy was lauded as a hero, especially after he was caught in possession of Coke and Cannabis.

Is fans liking a player (for whatever reason) ever a bad thing?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 12:02:17 PM »
Im glad people are starting to see past there original thoughts on him.

Ive wanted him out for ages, hes treated this club with no respect at times yet still lauded as a hero.

Id play Fortune over him anyday purely for the fact Fortune doesnt hand in transfer requests and moan when hes not playing, doesnt get caught in possesion of drugs.

Yet people still seem to idolise Bednar.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 12:18:42 PM »
He did his best to disrupt us yesterday, thats for sure.
I only go for the beer.

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 12:22:04 PM »
i'd prefer to have him on the bench than Fortune to be honest, I can see why he wants to leave, he is quite a decent player really
Baggie Terra

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 12:22:56 PM »
He did his best to disrupt us yesterday, thats for sure.
What's the story?

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 01:49:23 PM »
Peace was a bit cynical in extending the contract of Bednar and Cech with sole view towards telling them.

It's worked with Cech and it's not with Bednar.

Assuming Bednar's contract gets better year on year he's probably on arounf £8k i'd imagine.

Now whoever came in for him, let's say boro. If they offered £4k for 3 years he's got a choice. He's apparently chossen to not go live in the north for half what he's currently getting..... fair enough i say.

Be interesting to see exactly how much it cost in signing bonuses and wages for Cech and Bednar and how much we got for Cech's sale to see if it was worth our bother and if Peace's Plan worked. Afterall, if we made even £1 net profit then it was worth it....

Bednar to go out on loan in a week, doubt he'll ever play for us again.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 04:33:58 PM »
I don't think I can get my head around this either, are we still paying him to do absolutely nothing until his contract wears down or a club decides they fancy him? If so, what a waste of bloody money.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »
We took a gamble extending his contract and it clearly hasn't paid off.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 06:58:18 PM »
I don't think I can get my head around this either, are we still paying him to do absolutely nothing until his contract wears down or a club decides they fancy him? If so, what a waste of bloody money.

Bednar will be going out on loan

Baggie.coop

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 08:34:12 PM »
Could get a few loan fee's off him this season

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 09:46:21 PM »
I thought at the time extending his contract just to sell him was an eyebrow raiser. Nobody wanted him when he was available before so why would they want him now? Cech made sense but Bednar?
Boing Boing

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 01:48:14 AM »
I'm surprised he's still here. That said he isn't too bad to have as 5th choice, hopefully he can get himself a loan move in the future.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 12:13:05 PM »
Turkish window still open as Galatasaray have bid for Cant Control off West Ham, so Bednar could still end up back over there on a perm??
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »
It's the last hope phbaggies, but I think the Turkish clubs will have an advantage over us as they know our only hope to sell is by going through them.
Boing Boing

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 08:10:06 PM »
I'm surprised he's still here. That said he isn't too bad to have as 5th choice, hopefully he can get himself a loan move in the future.
More like 6th or 7th choice. Odemwingie, Long, Tchoyi, Cox, Fortune and maybe Gera (he can play as a support striker) are all ahead of him. As about as much of a deadwood as a player can be.

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2011, 08:27:14 PM »
Stick him out on loan to a champ club he will score a few and we will get a buyer

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »
Stick him out on loan to a champ club he will score a few and we will get a buyer

I'm not sure whether he'll agree to this. I get the impression he is digging his heels in.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »
Now this is something that the JP bashers should be using as ammunition against him rather than the drivel that they generally produce. :P (and even in the greater scheme of things this is some trivial poor judgement on the part of our chairman)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2011, 02:33:46 PM »
I'm not sure whether he'll agree to this. I get the impression he is digging his heels in.
And im not sure he would score goals at that level anymore eithier!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

number69

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2011, 03:44:42 PM »

He has contract here so why shouldn't he dig his heels in? I'd rather he went but a contract is a contract. If he was a player we wanted to keep and he wanted to leave we would say you have got a contract see it out.

It is the club's fault he is still here why should he go somewhere he doesn't want to go?

Swissguy

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2011, 06:38:14 PM »
It is the club's fault he is still here why should he go somewhere he doesn't want to go?
Because at the end of his contract he is (presumably) still going to want to play professional football. He'll be 29ish, and coming up to what might be his last or second to last contract, and I'd assume he'd want to do go omewhere and do well, to show clubs that he's still got what it takes. Or he could leave with the reputation of being a troublemaker and hardly having played for a year or two.

I'm not saying I can't understand if he's peeved, but sometimes you just need to wind your neck in. It's entirely up to him.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2011, 01:11:45 PM »
The decision to renew his contract has to be the cockup of the summer in my opinion.

Crazy money making exercise that has backfired bigtime in my opinion.

tipton baggie 80

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2011, 02:34:46 PM »
Because at the end of his contract he is (presumably) still going to want to play professional football. He'll be 29ish, and coming up to what might be his last or second to last contract, and I'd assume he'd want to do go omewhere and do well, to show clubs that he's still got what it takes. Or he could leave with the reputation of being a troublemaker and hardly having played for a year or two.

I'm not saying I can't understand if he's peeved, but sometimes you just need to wind your neck in. It's entirely up to him.

Or he could leave on a free and get a signing on fee as the buying club has no transfer fee to pay. Or maybe i'm just being cynical...
West Bromwich Albion, finishing above Staffordshire's finest when in the same league over the last 12 years

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2011, 08:32:42 AM »
Big mistake by the baggies, thinking they could renew his contract and sell him on for a price.

Ship him out on loan.