Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1184570 times)

albion59

• Senior Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #7850 on: February 22, 2021, 04:53:40 PM »
Just remember all these dates carry the ‘at the earliest caveat ‘. It does look now if I may be able to go to the Test at Edgbaston on 11th June.
That's the first thing i said to my Mrs! I have got a ticket for the 11th June!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7851 on: February 22, 2021, 05:14:06 PM »
Three reasons 1) the scientists have insisted on 4/5 weeks between each stage 2) he made a rod for his own back by saying the relaxations were irreversible so has to be more cautious 3) They got it all wrong last time with eat out to help out etc

Eat out to help out saved a lot of buisneses, don't think they got it wrong at all, kids going back to school and the new variant which also spread via children was the point at which the virus returned with a vengeance.
Baggie in Southampton

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7852 on: February 22, 2021, 05:39:45 PM »
Eat out to help out saved a lot of buisneses, don't think they got it wrong at all, kids going back to school and the new variant which also spread via children was the point at which the virus returned with a vengeance.

Agreed. One of the relative successes of the pandemic. Hopefully they repeat it in June/July.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7853 on: February 22, 2021, 05:55:58 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-9287725/amp/Wimbledon-bosses-reveal-planning-having-NO-fans-tournament.html?__twitter_impression=true

Wimbledon still saying no fans despite this. Utterly ridiculous. We need some sport or event out there to have the guts to finally allow full capacity again. Others will follow.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7854 on: February 22, 2021, 06:01:37 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-9287725/amp/Wimbledon-bosses-reveal-planning-having-NO-fans-tournament.html?__twitter_impression=true

Wimbledon still saying no fans despite this. Utterly ridiculous. We need some sport or event out there to have the guts to finally allow full capacity again. Others will follow.

No private entity potentially wants a claim against them.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7855 on: February 22, 2021, 06:01:47 PM »
That's the first thing i said to my Mrs! I have got a ticket for the 11th June!
Same I think , Friday ?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7856 on: February 22, 2021, 06:04:48 PM »

Yep, the kids are the spreaders (not their fault obviously) EOTHO was small time in the scheme of things in regards to infections. I used it a lot and was never anywhere near anyone else.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7857 on: February 22, 2021, 06:06:04 PM »
Agreed. One of the relative successes of the pandemic. Hopefully they repeat it in June/July.
It cost lives , put people in close proximity to each other thus increasing the possibility of transmission . I know the places were supposed to have COVID restrictions in place but did they all adhere ? We took advantage a few times but walked out of one place because it was too crowded and we felt uncomfortable .

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7858 on: February 22, 2021, 06:09:52 PM »
It cost lives , put people in close proximity to each other thus increasing the possibility of transmission . I know the places were supposed to have COVID restrictions in place but did they all adhere ? We took advantage a few times but walked out of one place because it was too crowded and we felt uncomfortable .

Every place i used for EOTHO was very well done. No issues whatsoever. Its the kids that spread it like everything can't be helped in a school environment.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7859 on: February 22, 2021, 06:21:36 PM »
April 12th is going to be a beer garden session like no other. Dont care if its raining.

I’ll be at The Watering Hole on Perranporth Beach sipping on that sweet, sweet amber nectar watching the waves come in from the sand terrace
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7860 on: February 22, 2021, 06:24:33 PM »
I’ll be at The Watering Hole on Perranporth Beach sipping on that sweet, sweet amber nectar watching the waves come in from the sand terrace

I can almost taste it for you mate!  ;D

That sounds amazing. I'll just go to the Dog beer garden in Bearwood and that will do for me!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7861 on: February 22, 2021, 06:35:11 PM »
I can almost taste it for you mate!  ;D

That sounds amazing. I'll just go to the Dog beer garden in Bearwood and that will do for me!

That sounds just as beautiful to be fair mate...after the year we’ve had it’s all good

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7862 on: February 22, 2021, 06:46:34 PM »
That sounds just as beautiful to be fair mate...after the year we’ve had it’s all good

1000000% light at the end of the tunnel at last

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7863 on: February 22, 2021, 07:06:55 PM »
April 12th is going to be a beer garden session like no other. Dont care if its raining.

And not one scotch egg in sight  ;D 
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7864 on: February 22, 2021, 07:14:13 PM »
And not one scotch egg in sight  ;D

;D

Very true although i shall be eating while i'm there so i can sink more pints wihtout being sick  8)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7865 on: February 22, 2021, 08:37:49 PM »

Mind if I join!? Oh man it’s going to be so so sweet. A pint on tap.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7866 on: February 22, 2021, 08:52:39 PM »
A few local Spanish bars are latching onto the freedom to serve takeaway coffees, in disposable cups, to anything in a disposable cup. There seems to be a lot of a customers drinking way too much coffee at the moment. I’ve been to one tonight. 2 metre rule observed. Not a policeman in sight. 🤪
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7867 on: February 22, 2021, 08:57:57 PM »
A few local Spanish bars are latching onto the freedom to serve takeaway coffees, in disposable cups, to anything in a disposable cup. There seems to be a lot of a customers drinking way too much coffee.....2 metre rule observed. Not a policeman in sight. 🤪

Is that there two metre rule their equivalent of two yards of ale?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7868 on: February 22, 2021, 09:10:05 PM »
Same I think , Friday ?
That's correct Friday! I am in the family stand, then the next day off to Norfolk for a week!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7869 on: February 23, 2021, 11:46:03 AM »
Mind if I join!? Oh man it’s going to be so so sweet. A pint on tap.

Of course..I was going to contact you anyway and see if fancied one when they are open

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7870 on: February 25, 2021, 11:12:24 PM »
A few local Spanish bars are latching onto the freedom to serve takeaway coffees, in disposable cups, to anything in a disposable cup. There seems to be a lot of a customers drinking way too much coffee at the moment. I’ve been to one tonight. 2 metre rule observed. Not a policeman in sight. 🤪

Have people been abiding by the lockdowns over in Spa8n Costa Blanca? What have the attitudes been? If you listen to some of our media you get the impression our population have failed in comparison to the rest of Europe but they have failed to really report on things like the riots in the Netherlands and the protests in major European cities so interested to hear what Spain has been like.
Boing Boing

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7871 on: February 26, 2021, 10:21:24 AM »
Should the queen get involved?

Queen urges people to 'think about others' by taking Covid jab.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56203768

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7872 on: February 26, 2021, 11:15:39 AM »
I see bars can open their outside space up from next week with reduced capacity’s and limits on the number of people at a table in some areas

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7873 on: February 26, 2021, 12:34:03 PM »
My lad's 20 and he had his first jab yesterday (health reasons), he's suffering what he hopes are short term side effects. Rather than ask which was his dominant arm they asked which side he'd prefer to have the jab. My lad being my lad went for his favoured side (he's right handed). Anyway, he's got a sore arm and it's completely ruined his sex life  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7874 on: February 26, 2021, 12:37:34 PM »
My lad's 20 and he had his first jab yesterday (health reasons), he's suffering what he hopes are short term side effects. Rather than ask which was his dominant arm they asked which side he'd prefer to have the jab. My lad being my lad went for his favoured side (he's right handed). Anyway, he's got a sore arm and it's completely ruined his sex life  ;D .

apparently if you use your other hand it like someone else is doing it  :D
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA