Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 267199 times)

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #700 on: April 03, 2018, 10:07:54 PM »
A peak Tyson Fury wouldn't just beat Joshua he would make him look slow and cumbersome. Joshua wouldn't win a round.

Wilder v Joshua 50 / 50. Whoever lands clean first.

Fury and Joshua have one mutual opponent.... fury just about won on points after getting in his head during the build up.... Joshua knocked him out and probably decided times up for him.

Makes you laugh when it comes to joshua, people always try to run him down yet every challenge he has came against he has walked through it with ease and every time he has been criticised, he has proved the critics wrong.

As for wilder, he's just shocking and will be an easier opponent than Parker was for Joshua with his wild swinging right hand.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #701 on: April 03, 2018, 10:20:03 PM »
Fury and Joshua have one mutual opponent.... fury just about won on points after getting in his head during the build up.... Joshua knocked him out and probably decided times up for him.

Makes you laugh when it comes to joshua, people always try to run him down yet every challenge he has came against he has walked through it with ease and every time he has been criticised, he has proved the critics wrong.

As for wilder, he's just shocking and will be an easier opponent than Parker was for Joshua with his wild swinging right hand.

Fully agree Adam, everyone thought Joshua would steamroller Parker on Saturday but it didn't happen. Parker is no mug and Joshua knew that the plan was for Parker to take him the distance. So he boxed cautiously in the first half. After three rounds you could tell that Parker had reach problems and wasn't going to do too much damage, and Joshua out boxed him. Even Parker conceded that and said he was too good [high praise indeed]. Not a 'mexican dust up' by any stretch of the imagination, but a clever fight from Joshua and he still gets slated.

22 fights, 21 KO's, 4 of the 5 belts available, and a young British World Champion, and we still knock him......

He is a nice kid as well.
MAGA!

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #702 on: April 04, 2018, 12:14:49 AM »
Fully agree Adam, everyone thought Joshua would steamroller Parker on Saturday but it didn't happen. Parker is no mug and Joshua knew that the plan was for Parker to take him the distance. So he boxed cautiously in the first half. After three rounds you could tell that Parker had reach problems and wasn't going to do too much damage, and Joshua out boxed him. Even Parker conceded that and said he was too good [high praise indeed]. Not a 'mexican dust up' by any stretch of the imagination, but a clever fight from Joshua and he still gets slated.

22 fights, 21 KO's, 4 of the 5 belts available, and a young British World Champion, and we still knock him......

Agree with everything you mentioned..... best part of it, every fight Joshua has he tells his opponent how the fight is going to pan out just like how he told Parker on the gloves are off that it won't be a war like Parker suggested but it will be about boxing and finesse.... he stuck to his word and controlled the fight, didn't even need to break into a sweat... used his jab to perfection and kept Parker where he wanted him for probably 10 of the 12 rounds.... yet he gets slated, but when the likes of fury are fighting on the back foot against klitschko (who Joshua knocked out), he's called a masterclass.

I quite like Parker and think the heavyweight division is becoming exciting again.... we all know Joshua is no Mike Tyson but people fail to realise what the guy has achieved in such a short space of time and the amount of belts he has in such a small amount of fights.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #703 on: April 05, 2018, 11:12:00 AM »

Fury clearly won in a result that shook boxing. Joshua came unbelievably close to being knocked out by a 41 year old. Two years can be a massive difference in boxing and boxers can go downhill quick. Sergio Martinez and Bernard Hopkins are two terrific examples.

The biggest person Joshua has fought caused him no end of trouble. Luckily for him he was 41 and simply didn't have the legs to keep his performance up.

Fury would represent everything that has made Joshua look uncomfortable so far in his career. If Fury can get his head right for long enough, that would be a very interesting fight.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #704 on: April 05, 2018, 11:28:22 AM »
Fury clearly won in a result that shook boxing. Joshua came unbelievably close to being knocked out by a 41 year old. Two years can be a massive difference in boxing and boxers can go downhill quick. Sergio Martinez and Bernard Hopkins are two terrific examples.

The biggest person Joshua has fought caused him no end of trouble. Luckily for him he was 41 and simply didn't have the legs to keep his performance up.

Fury would represent everything that has made Joshua look uncomfortable so far in his career. If Fury can get his head right for long enough, that would be a very interesting fight.

I could've written that word for word lol.

I'd just add that Klitschko hadn't fought for 18 months before the Joshua fight as well which is far from ideal, especially when in his forties.

Joshua won a fight he could easily have lost and nearly did in the sixth round, Wladimir barely laid a glove on Fury. Styles make fights also and Fury is all wrong for Joshua.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #705 on: April 05, 2018, 06:10:28 PM »

I could've written that word for word lol.

I'd just add that Klitschko hadn't fought for 18 months before the Joshua fight as well which is far from ideal, especially when in his forties.

Joshua won a fight he could easily have lost and nearly did in the sixth round, Wladimir barely laid a glove on Fury. Styles make fights also and Fury is all wrong for Joshua.
Klitschko may have been 41 for the Joshua fight but got himself into amazing shape and was very focused for the fight. That 18 month break may have actually done him good for all we  know. You can find something to rubbish any result if you look hard enough.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #706 on: April 06, 2018, 02:24:29 PM »

Fury won that fight by doing exactly what Joshua did against parker.... yet fury is a masterclass who would expose joshua?

Bare in mind, Joshua told the whole world how the Parker fight was going to pan out and the exact thing happened... fury on the other hand is a gobsh*te and if he doesn't get a pair of shorts that fit him, Joshua will take advantage of that unlike klitschko did.

*get ready for the "fury ain't fought for so long" comments.*

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #707 on: April 06, 2018, 02:32:46 PM »
Fury won that fight by doing exactly what Joshua did against parker.... yet fury is a masterclass who would expose joshua?

Bare in mind, Joshua told the whole world how the Parker fight was going to pan out and the exact thing happened... fury on the other hand is a gobsh*te and if he doesn't get a pair of shorts that fit him, Joshua will take advantage of that unlike klitschko did.

*get ready for the "fury ain't fought for so long" comments.*

Parker is no Wladimir Klitschko. Just saying.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #708 on: April 06, 2018, 03:40:48 PM »
Tyson Fury is just Cocky and Too big for his Shoes Acts hard but isn't wait till he meets AJ, Mike Tyson and the others soon would S***t himself a few local hard knocks by me knock him out. ;)
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #709 on: April 06, 2018, 08:27:03 PM »
Tyson Fury is just Cocky and Too big for his Shoes Acts hard but isn't wait till he meets AJ, Mike Tyson and the others soon would S***t himself a few local hard knocks by me knock him out. ;)

Have you ever seen a gypsy fight?

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #710 on: April 06, 2018, 09:23:09 PM »
Have you ever seen a gypsy fight?
No why?
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #711 on: April 06, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #712 on: April 07, 2018, 01:21:22 AM »

3 out the 4.  Nobody considers the IBO a real title.

And maybe some people like myself aren't so enamored with him because of his weird defence of Robert Mugabe or because he is a bit of a fan boy of Louis Farrakhan.
"This crack is really moreish."

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #713 on: April 08, 2018, 01:02:20 PM »
DeGale won what looked like a brutal contest last night.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #714 on: April 09, 2018, 12:21:48 PM »
DeGale won what looked like a brutal contest last night.
DeGale is on the downwards trajectory in his career now.  I think the Badou Jack fight took alot out of him.  He would have handled an opponent like Truax easily a few years back.  Hopefully he can cash out soon, maybe a PPV with the winner of the WBSS tournament.  Much maligned at times but he has had a very good career, fought some top opponents and been happy to go on the road to do so.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #715 on: April 09, 2018, 02:35:06 PM »
3 out the 4.  Nobody considers the IBO a real title.

And maybe some people like myself aren't so enamored with him because of his weird defence of Robert Mugabe or because he is a bit of a fan boy of Louis Farrakhan.

Whoa, where did that come from, never heard any of that, Farrakhan is a grade 1 nasty piece of work. As for Mugabe ....
links please.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #716 on: April 09, 2018, 02:54:35 PM »

Whoa, where did that come from, never heard any of that, Farrakhan is a grade 1 nasty piece of work. As for Mugabe ....
links please.

I think he is referring to this

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/662108/Anthony-Joshua-Robert-Mugabe-Snapchat-updates-social-media-Dubai-Zimbabwe-dictator

and the last time I looked Joshua was holding 4 belts, not 3.....

No one takes the League Cup that seriously, until you win it.
MAGA!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #717 on: April 17, 2018, 05:35:28 PM »
I think he is referring to this

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/662108/Anthony-Joshua-Robert-Mugabe-Snapchat-updates-social-media-Dubai-Zimbabwe-dictator

and the last time I looked Joshua was holding 4 belts, not 3.....

No one takes the League Cup that seriously, until you win it.
I don't know one serious boxing fan who recognises the IBO.  The other governing bodies don't recognise it and that's why it can't be unified.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #718 on: April 18, 2018, 08:11:38 PM »
What a joke!. Just a 6 month ban for Canelo.

Nevada Athletic Commission suspends Canelo Alvarez for six months with no fine. He will be eligible to return in August.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #719 on: May 04, 2018, 06:46:56 PM »
Anyone else going to the Tommy Langford v Jason Welborn fight in Walsall tonight?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #720 on: May 05, 2018, 12:36:43 AM »
Anyway, Jason Welborn won on points and deservedly so (I thought).

Jason took the early rounds with Tommy coming back well and taking the middle rounds.

However, despite looking on the wane for a while Jason came back very strong from the middle of the eleventh and definitely won the twelfth to post a very decent win.

Tommy had the greater variety of punches but looked  sloppy at times, whereas Jason was generally quite balanced and looked solid despite a couple of hairy moments.

Overall a very good night out was had.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #721 on: May 05, 2018, 12:27:44 PM »
Great fight from both lads was very close in the end Jason just got it . Deffo be a rematch .

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #722 on: September 16, 2018, 01:51:13 PM »
Did anyone see the GGG V Canelo fight?. Sounds like the judging was as controversial as the first one. Have not seen the fight myself.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #723 on: September 16, 2018, 01:56:20 PM »
Did anyone see the GGG V Canelo fight?. Sounds like the judging was as controversial as the first one. Have not seen the fight myself.

Haven't seen it don't see boxing much now having given up Virgin / Sky.

Doesn't surprise me though some of the scoring is that bad it makes you think there has to be some sort of agenda to it. The first Kovalev v Ward fight still sticks in the memory there is no way in this galaxy that Ward won that.

Golovkin and Canelo are evenly matched though to be fair.

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #724 on: September 16, 2018, 02:24:58 PM »

It was a great fight, i edged it for GGG.
Smethwick..