Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 268985 times)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #625 on: October 29, 2017, 07:02:04 AM »
Takams eyes were rolling and legs were going... that's more than enough to stop a fight.

The ref asked way before that if the doctor wanted the fight stopped and he said no, any longer it could of been real dangerous for a human who don't know where he is, especially with the power AJ has.
didn't think the doctor can stop a fight, WBC rules are that the doctor gives the ref a red card advising him that the fight should be stopped but its still the refs decision.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #626 on: October 29, 2017, 09:24:17 AM »
Takams eyes were rolling and legs were going... that's more than enough to stop a fight.

The ref asked way before that if the doctor wanted the fight stopped and he said no, any longer it could of been real dangerous for a human who don't know where he is, especially with the power AJ has.
Fully agree - none of Joshua's punches are light. Takam was busted up, had taken a lot of heavy punches and I doubt his family want him to be a cabbage in his later years.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #627 on: October 29, 2017, 09:29:47 AM »
hes a very lucky boy to be around in such a very poor era for the HW division.little better than Bruno for me,i mean come on he was blowing like an old donkey 6 onwards
Klitschko would have been a top heavyweight in any era. Joshua had a broken nose last night......did heavyweights in the golden era never blow in the later rounds ?

As for Joshua being a one trick pony - he jabs well, he's got straight punches, hooks, upper cuts...do you want the odd back flip thrown in ?
He will lose a couple along the way but he's still learning and would be a handful for anyone.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #628 on: October 29, 2017, 10:28:02 AM »
Klitschko would have been a top heavyweight in any era. Joshua had a broken nose last night......did heavyweights in the golden era never blow in the later rounds ?

As for Joshua being a one trick pony - he jabs well, he's got straight punches, hooks, upper cuts...do you want the odd back flip thrown in ?
He will lose a couple along the way but he's still learning and would be a handful for anyone.
Love to see hearn and AJ have the balls to go to the states and take on someone like jarell miller but they wont

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #629 on: October 29, 2017, 07:09:08 PM »
didn't think the doctor can stop a fight, WBC rules are that the doctor gives the ref a red card advising him that the fight should be stopped but its still the refs decision.

The referee will always go to the doctor if he is concerned regardless if it's a pro fight, amateur or even a white collar fight.

If the doctor says the fghter isn't able to carry on, the ref will stop it every time.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #630 on: November 02, 2017, 10:20:46 AM »
Fury and Joshua being mentioned again. I would love to see this fight go ahead but I don't think Fury has it him in mentally to get back into shape.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #631 on: November 02, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »
Fury and Joshua being mentioned again. I would love to see this fight go ahead but I don't think Fury has it him in mentally to get back into shape.

I wouldn't want to see this.

I would be amazed if Fury ever got back into a condition both physically and mentally to be a serious contender again. To me this would be about money and I would prefer to see AJ clean up the division and be the dominant force for years to come - Fury will never feature in that so I don't see why he should be given the chance.
MAGA!

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #632 on: November 02, 2017, 11:32:44 AM »

If Fury gets himself into the same shape as when he fought Klitschko he beats Joshua for me. Far superior footwork and technique, although Joshua is improving.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #633 on: November 02, 2017, 01:14:39 PM »

I would love to see Joshua knock him out and shut him up.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #634 on: November 02, 2017, 01:23:59 PM »
I would love to see Joshua knock him out and shut him up.

Joshua wouldn't beat a prime Fury.

Whether or not we'll ever see a prime Fury again I have my doubts.

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #635 on: November 02, 2017, 01:31:54 PM »

Joshua wouldn't beat a prime Fury.

Whether or not we'll ever see a prime Fury again I have my doubts.

I think he K.O's him to be fair, Joshua know's Fury would try take him into the later rounds so if he's patient he wins by late stoppage.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #636 on: November 02, 2017, 01:54:28 PM »
If Fury gets back to his best his very strong defensive style should be strong enough to shut out the gung ho style of AJ, just as he did vs Vlad.

However it's heavy weight boxing and all it would take is one small mistake by Fury and AJ could land the winning clean blow on him.

All that being said I think the chance of Fury getting back anywhere near his best is basically zero now.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #637 on: November 04, 2017, 11:30:49 PM »
Joshua has to fight Fury. If he doesn't there will always be that 'what if' and he himself will see whatever record he finishes with as potentially blemished.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #638 on: November 05, 2017, 12:07:56 AM »
Joshua has to fight Fury. If he doesn't there will always be that 'what if' and he himself will see whatever record he finishes with as potentially blemished.
wont happen as fury has to get both mentally and physically fit first,but if he did id back him over Bruno 2 and that for me is what AJ is

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #639 on: November 05, 2017, 12:10:55 AM »
Joshua is improving all the time. A fit Fury would give him something to think about as he's clearly a technically better boxer currently. The only 2 endings to that fight would be AJ by knockout or Fury on points.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #640 on: November 05, 2017, 09:17:00 AM »
Wilder nearly threw the ref over his shoulder ;)

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #641 on: November 05, 2017, 09:47:47 AM »
Really hope we get to see a trilogy between Wilder, Fury and AJ.

Hearn reckons AJ needs a couple more fights before matching up with Wilder The American is possibly at his peak right now and as average as his boxing skills are he has the raw power to punch straight through his opponents guard, he would swarm AJ if and when he tagged him and wouldn't miss the opportunity to finish the job like Klitch did.
A fit Fury v Wilder would be fascinating.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #642 on: November 07, 2017, 12:50:07 PM »
It's interesting reading regarding Wilder's power, I think people are doing Joshua a disservice. As soon as Joshua has ever opened up in a fight he has blown his opponent out of the water. Hope this happens sooner rather than later as it would be what a Heavyweight clash should be, raw power.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #643 on: November 08, 2017, 09:16:00 AM »
I get the impression its Hearn who has doubts over AJs ability to survive a war with Wilder and is keen for Wilder to have more fights hoping that someone dethrones him. Its reported that Hearn has offered Wilder £4M to fight Whyte, he only got £1.5M to defend his title last weekend.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #644 on: November 08, 2017, 08:35:41 PM »
I think Joshua probably has more improvement in him over the next 12 months than Wilder given the ages and number of fights, so it would make sense to get a couple more fights in first. 

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #645 on: November 20, 2017, 03:45:32 PM »
Haye v Bellew is off
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #646 on: November 20, 2017, 03:56:17 PM »
Haye v Bellew is off

Time for Haye to call it a day!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #647 on: November 20, 2017, 07:07:48 PM »
How do you injure a bicep?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #648 on: December 17, 2017, 08:01:38 AM »
Did anyone watch Billy Joe Saunders vs David Lemieux? Saunders was absolutely brilliant. He looked like Tyson Fury at his peak, the skill, the movement, the speed, the art of not getting hit.

Golovkin or Canelo are in big trouble against Saunders if he reproduces that level of performance. His switch to trainer Dominic Ingle looks like it's finally brought out that talent that was always there.

The problem with Saunders is much like Fury though - at any time they can lose interest, lose their shape and their dedication.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #649 on: January 19, 2018, 01:10:31 PM »
Tyson Fury gets his licence back
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties