Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 269043 times)

Webby

• Senior Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #350 on: September 09, 2016, 04:03:32 PM »
Got tickets, excited.

Much like watching England though. I have no hope for Kell yet at the back of my mind you think it's possible.... until reality hits
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #351 on: September 09, 2016, 04:08:54 PM »
Got tickets, excited.

Much like watching England though. I have no hope for Kell yet at the back of my mind you think it's possible.... until reality hits

Have a good night.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #352 on: September 10, 2016, 07:51:00 AM »
Kill Brook's going to have to stop him 12/1 best odds. Gotta be done just because I want it to happen.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #353 on: September 10, 2016, 10:48:42 AM »
Good luck to Kell Brook for taking this fight but I can see GGG stopping him around 7 rounds.
7?a bit optimistic on behalf of brook methinks a boxing mismatch if ever there was one,stepping up 2 weights will make brook less mobile and tiring a lot quicker.over in 5 at the most for me,would have preffered to see brat jnr in there with GGG and think he wouldnt be a racing cert

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #354 on: September 10, 2016, 09:27:51 PM »
Come on Kell, give it your all!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #355 on: September 10, 2016, 11:33:35 PM »
Total mismatch. His corner have saved him some serious damage.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #356 on: September 10, 2016, 11:36:47 PM »
Total mismatch. His corner have saved him some serious damage.
Indeed, very sensible considering the Nick Blackwell stuff earlier this year.

I thought Brook did relatively well to last as long as he did, but Golovkin was a class above and it was only heading one way.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #357 on: September 10, 2016, 11:51:37 PM »
called it on the button,kell had a great second round but GGG is relentless with a great chin.would love to see brat JNR or billy joe in with him next

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #358 on: September 10, 2016, 11:52:21 PM »
Exactly as expected. Brooks speed gave him early success but the longer the fight went on the more he was going to get hurt. The stoppage was bang on.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #359 on: September 10, 2016, 11:52:43 PM »
Hearn visibly annoyed with Ingle at the end there, speaks volumes. The bloke is an utter twonk.

Another Matchroom mismatch. Jonny Nelson going on like a broken eye socket is an accident. His corner have saved him from getting a real beating there.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #360 on: September 11, 2016, 12:11:07 AM »
Hearn visibly annoyed with Ingle at the end there, speaks volumes. The bloke is an utter twonk.

Another Matchroom mismatch. Jonny Nelson going on like a broken eye socket is an accident. His corner have saved him from getting a real beating there.
agreed,we have had enough boxing tradegys.the right decision by his corner.he will fight to see another day

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #361 on: September 11, 2016, 12:37:08 AM »
Wasn't just size that told in the end.  GGG is so accurate and powerful but with an excellent chin. Brook was hitting him plenty but to little effect. Brook isn't a huge puncher at welterweight so he was going to have little effect at middle. I know Kell is known as 'special' but only one special fighter on show tonight.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #362 on: September 11, 2016, 06:40:35 AM »
A total mismatch? Brook looked the real deal in there. Drew blood from GGG and hurt him. He got badly hurt by one of the biggest punchers in the division. People get hurt in boxing.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #363 on: September 11, 2016, 09:49:00 AM »
A total mismatch? Brook looked the real deal in there. Drew blood from GGG and hurt him. He got badly hurt by one of the biggest punchers in the division. People get hurt in boxing.

The point being Scooby is that Brook had to put on weight to get into the division, and that would have affected his performance whether he says so or not.

He gave a good account of himself but was very quickly running out of steam. There is a difference to getting hurt and ending up like Michael Watson, and I don't believe for one second that anyone would want to see that.

Brendan Ingle did absolutely the right thing. Eddie Hearn needs to have a good look at what he arranged last night. A total mismatch
MAGA!

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #364 on: September 11, 2016, 09:56:42 AM »
Eubank Jr put out a pretty inflamatory tweet after the fight ..goading GGG'S team and saying come and get some if you dare and that his corner don't have towels !!!

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2016, 10:30:19 AM »
Eubank Jr put out a pretty inflamatory tweet after the fight ..goading GGG'S team and saying come and get some if you dare and that his corner don't have towels !!!
think brat jnr would give GGG a great fight,as he looks to have his daddy's chin but a lot quicker and more talented than his daddy.hope they match them up pretty soon

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #366 on: September 11, 2016, 01:36:45 PM »

Agreed. Not as big a mismatch as people are making out, certainly not a boxing mismatch anyway. The fight was close up until the second half of the 5th. Eventually, Golovkin's size and power told as most people predicted.

That said, Brook needs to drop back down - I'd light to see him test the waters at light-middleweight.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #367 on: September 11, 2016, 06:02:26 PM »
Fair play to Kell Brook for a valiant effort but stepping up two divisions against one of the games best fighters was always going to be a big ask. Full credit to his corner for pulling him out. Eubanks tweet about his corner not having towels!. At least Brook's corner had a pen. Fighting British level fighters. Get your dad to buy a pen son!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #368 on: September 11, 2016, 08:38:17 PM »
Can't remember Kahn getting this sort of credit when he went up two weight divisions to face Canelo away from home, infact I remember he got roundly ridiculed, incidentally I think Kahn was performing better in that fight before the knock out than Brook did last night.  Strange.
"This crack is really moreish."

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #369 on: September 11, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »
Eddie Hearn needs to have a good look at what he arranged last night. A total mismatch
Agree wholeheartedly.  The WBA wouldn't even sanction last night's fight, the WBA, the most unscrupulous organisation out there - says it all. Maybe all these mismatches will one day catch up on Hearn and then he'll bail out on the sport just like his old man did.
"This crack is really moreish."

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #370 on: September 12, 2016, 11:29:05 AM »
Can't remember Kahn getting this sort of credit when he went up two weight divisions to face Canelo away from home, infact I remember he got roundly ridiculed, incidentally I think Kahn was performing better in that fight before the knock out than Brook did last night.  Strange.

I think it's cause Khan just acts like a money grabbing pillock half the time (I know boxing is that now) and most of his comments seem hypocritical. Boxing wise Khan is good, he just always seems to lose his cool and make that one mistake or move that ultimately costs him.

Atmosphere was incredible. All last night did was prove to me is why Khan is avoiding Kell (in my opinion). Khan won't be able to hurt him and Brook is way too accurate, will take his head off.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #371 on: September 12, 2016, 11:45:33 AM »
I think it's cause Khan just acts like a money grabbing pillock half the time (I know boxing is that now) and most of his comments seem hypocritical. Boxing wise Khan is good, he just always seems to lose his cool and make that one mistake or move that ultimately costs him.

Atmosphere was incredible. All last night did was prove to me is why Khan is avoiding Kell (in my opinion). Khan won't be able to hurt him and Brook is way too accurate, will take his head off.

I watched the fight again last night, Kell did some very impressive work on GGG, and to his credit he acknowledged that, but there was only ever going to be one winner. Brook is a class act and you are right, he would be too good for Khan. 
MAGA!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #372 on: September 12, 2016, 08:58:05 PM »
Why is Fury defending his title and making million(s) when he's charged with (but not yet guilty of) doping offences ?
Shouldn't he be suspended pending the findings ?
The fact that Hughie Fury faces the same charge doesn't help Tyson's plea of innocence much.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #373 on: September 12, 2016, 10:38:32 PM »

probably because he is a delusional bell end!

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #374 on: September 18, 2016, 12:35:07 AM »
chris eubank jnr has cried off from the fight with our tommy langford and relenquished the british title.more daddy meddling methinks