Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 269118 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2016, 01:36:44 PM »
AJ is a future world champion, just not yet.

AJ vs Fury would be a very good fight at the moment, by Joshua is still raw and needs to learn a few more things, you can see how his game changed from White to Martin and you can tell he has learnt from the fight and adapted to it very well.

That being said, I wouldnt fancy many people to stay standing if he connect properly with his right fist.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »
I would like to see Haye v Joshua with the winner taking on Fury.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2016, 02:41:07 PM »

Hayes finished as a boxer, he's now a TV 'personality' no way back IMO
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2016, 02:53:21 PM »

I believe i read that if Haye and Shannon Briggs come through their prospective fights they will face each other. Personally a lot of people like Briggs so called 'Attitude' but i think he is a boring one trick pony.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2016, 02:55:13 PM »
I believe i read that if Haye and Shannon Briggs come through their prospective fights they will face each other. Personally a lot of people like Briggs so called 'Attitude' but i think he is a boring one trick pony.

I would love to see that fight. Briggs has been watching too much Rocky 3 and mimics Mr T!

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2016, 03:21:51 PM »
Fury won't ever fight Haye he said after he pulled out on him. But Fury says a lot so who knows.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2016, 03:41:07 PM »
I get the impression that Briggs is getting the media treatment to provide a name for Haye to beat before he challenges for a world title.
Briggs is 45, was never that great at the top level and shouldn't be anywhere near the picture.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2016, 09:55:38 PM »
AJ is a future world champion, just not yet.

AJ vs Fury would be a very good fight at the moment, by Joshua is still raw and needs to learn a few more things, you can see how his game changed from White to Martin and you can tell he has learnt from the fight and adapted to it very well.

That being said, I wouldnt fancy many people to stay standing if he connect properly with his right fist.

Correct me if wrong but didn't he become world champion on Saturday?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2016, 10:56:32 PM »

He did indeed. A lot of people have tried to right this guy off, and the more he fights the more he looks the real deal. His power is ridiculous and will more than compensate for any shortcomings he might have technically.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »

No he holds a "version of" one which he got for beating a guy who probably isn't even a top 20 / 25 heavyweight who only got the title himself because his opponent had an injured knee.

The top boys in the heavyweight division are Fury, Klitschko, Povetkin, Ortiz and Wilder.

Haye will beat Joshua and Chisora would probably beat Martin.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #210 on: April 12, 2016, 01:07:25 PM »

No he holds a "version of" one which he got for beating a guy who probably isn't even a top 20 / 25 heavyweight who only got the title himself because his opponent had an injured knee.

The top boys in the heavyweight division are Fury, Klitschko, Povetkin, Ortiz and Wilder.

Haye will beat Joshua and Chisora would probably beat Martin.

Boxing has 4 main governing bodys.

WBC
WBA
IBF
WBO

Tyson Fury got stripped of the belt. He knew the score when he paid the sanction fee to fight for that belt. klitschko would have got stripped aswel if he had won.

we could go round in circles saying who the real champ is and who would beat who, but the only we can truely know is if they fight, but due to boxing politics half the time these fights dont happen.

BTW Povetkin and Ortiz havent shown anything in last few years to be top heavyweights.

The man to beat Is Tyson Fury. He has 2 of the 4 major belts.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #211 on: April 12, 2016, 01:13:55 PM »
Boxing has 4 main governing bodys.

WBC
WBA
IBF
WBO

Tyson Fury got stripped of the belt. He knew the score when he paid the sanction fee to fight for that belt. klitschko would have got stripped aswel if he had won.

we could go round in circles saying who the real champ is and who would beat who, but the only we can truely know is if they fight, but due to boxing politics half the time these fights dont happen.

BTW Povetkin and Ortiz havent shown anything in last few years to be top heavyweights.

The man to beat Is Tyson Fury. He has 2 of the 4 major belts.

Really? Povetkin knocked out the very smart but inconsistant Mike Perez in a round time before last. Perez is far better than Martin. Last time he KO'd Wach who had previously been beaten once in 31 fights by Klitschko on points. Ortiz knocked out Tony Thompson and Bryant Jennings also both on a completely different level to Martin. Jennings went the distance with Klitschko in a "legitimate" world title challenge.

Levels.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:16:42 PM by Atomic »

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2016, 01:33:13 PM »

Really? Povetkin knocked out the very smart but inconsistant Mike Perez in a round time before last. Perez is far better than Martin. Last time he KO'd Wach who had previously been beaten once in 31 fights by Klitschko on points. Ortiz knocked out Tony Thompson and Bryant Jennings also both on a completely different level to Martin. Jennings went the distance with Klitschko in a "legitimate" world title challenge.

Levels.

look at who ortiz has fought before though, nobody who jumps out and screams hes any good.

looking back prob bit harsh on povetkin, he has been in with some decent fighters.

I agree charles martin wasnt the real deal.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2016, 01:37:27 PM »
I get the impression that Briggs is getting the media treatment to provide a name for Haye to beat before he challenges for a world title.
Briggs is 45, was never that great at the top level and shouldn't be anywhere near the picture.

Briggs is after a big pay day. He was following Klitschko around for years before Fury beat him, now he's turned his attention to Fury and Haye. Both would see Briggs off without too much trouble.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2016, 03:29:29 PM »

Briggs is after a big pay day. He was following Klitschko around for years before Fury beat him, now he's turned his attention to Fury and Haye. Both would see Briggs off without too much trouble.

Did you see the video clip where Briggs and his entourage chased Klitschko when he was out rowing on his board?
 :P.

So childish, and yet so funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nyoof_Pm8U
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #215 on: April 12, 2016, 03:36:53 PM »
Did you see the video clip where Briggs and his entourage chased Klitschko when he was out rowing on his board?
 :P.

So childish, and yet so funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nyoof_Pm8U

Yep. I love Briggs to be honest he's a character and more than a bit bonkers  ;D

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2016, 07:13:32 PM »
The circus around Briggs is pathetic; here we have a 44 year old bloke who’s last meaningful fight was 6 years ago, some people might find his whole ‘let’s go champ’ routine mildly entertaining but the man should not be sharing a ring with the likes of Joshua or Haye; its unsafe and shouldn’t be sanctioned, let’s not forget he was left in a pretty horrific state after the Klitschko fight and that was in 2010.

As for the governing bodies, yes there are a number of belts in each weight class but in most you can still pin point the real champion and Joshua certainly isn’t it.  The IBF are almost as big as joke as the WBA and I won’t be classing Joshua a champion until he beats one.  I’m a fan of Joshua but I’m not getting on the hype train until he beats someone of note, granted you can only beat what is in front of you but nothing decent has stood in front of AJ yet.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 07:17:27 PM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2016, 11:23:23 AM »
So the great Anthony Joshua's next opponent is Dominic Breazeale. Another fighter that hasn't beaten a top twenty heavyweight, in fact he hasn't fought a top 30 / 40 one. Cue the usual O.T.T rubbish from Sky.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #218 on: April 25, 2016, 11:37:44 AM »
So the great Anthony Joshua's next opponent is Dominic Breazeale. Another fighter that hasn't beaten a top twenty heavyweight, in fact he hasn't fought a top 30 / 40 one. Cue the usual O.T.T rubbish from Sky.

An absolute joke of a fight. Im not sure what will be worse.

A) The over the top promoting of this fight from the Media
B) The general public continuing to label Joshua as the next Ali when he comfortably wins, while still continuing to slag off Tyson Furys ability (the actual heavyweight champion)

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2016, 12:45:55 PM »
Eddie Hearn is doing what ALL promoters do.  Pick the easiest fights for his fighters.  He's done it with Kell Brook and now with Joshua.

Its up to the boxers themselves to demand the big fights.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2016, 12:59:25 PM »
Ive booked my tickets for next joshua fight through fightpass.

Im not bothered about that fight really because its not going to last 2 rounds. Its all about George Groves Vs Martin Murray on the undercard.

Fury tickets aswel this week. Hope the misses dont check the bank  :o

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #221 on: April 25, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »
Ive booked my tickets for next joshua fight through fightpass.

Im not bothered about that fight really because its not going to last 2 rounds. Its all about George Groves Vs Martin Murray on the undercard.

Fury tickets aswel this week. Hope the misses dont check the bank  :o

Now that is a good contest.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #222 on: April 25, 2016, 01:41:06 PM »
Eddie Hearn is doing what ALL promoters do.  Pick the easiest fights for his fighters.  He's done it with Kell Brook and now with Joshua.

Yep and while casuals lap it up and pay PPV for this rubbish it will carry on.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2016, 03:58:28 PM »

Taking Brook to the states to fight Shawn Porter? Or Paul Smith to Berlin to fight Abraham? Only have to look at Frosh to disprove this theory.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2016, 04:38:45 PM »
Taking Brook to the states to fight Shawn Porter? Or Paul Smith to Berlin to fight Abraham? Only have to look at Frosh to disprove this theory.
Brook was Porter's mandatory, how else was Brook ever going to win a title without fighting a champion?  Smith was challenging Abraham for a world title, honestly what are you talking about??? We are talking about making easy uncompetitive title defences and to counter it you have given two examples of fighters challenging for world titles?  Rendering you post absolutely pointless.