Author Topic: No yellow green shirts left  (Read 6232 times)

ahandpatsy

• Baby Baggie

No yellow green shirts left
« on: December 14, 2018, 02:50:02 PM »
I have just been told by the shop that the only size shirts left of this iconic kit are 5XL !

I have unbelievably also been told that there will be no more available ever !!

What a daft decision.  I can understand that they have been overtaken by demand, but who decides the keep their fans waiting for years and years for something, sell out 2 weeks before Christmas with no possibility of rushing any in just in case and then deny all the poor sods that are disappointed any hope of getting one in the future.

Trying to call somebody in commercial at the club and still waiting after 10 minutes despite being first in the q

Good luck to the fat bastards out there, get down to the shop before they disappear too

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

Re: No yellow green shirts left
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 03:19:50 PM »
Their answer will be that everyone had the chance to preorder in October/November to guarantee one, after how quickly the first ones went most people pre ordered rather than chance it running up to xmas.

Trouble is that the margins that the club get are pretty small so ordering thousands of potentially unsold shirts would have been a no no.
Gera, Gera, Gera

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 03:25:35 PM »
Yes this is actually an unusual bit of intelligence from the clubs commercial and marketing department. They have an item where demand exceeds supply and are keeping it that way. Allows them bumper returns on the next Y and G kit which I imagine will be next season after this years successful return.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 09:52:26 PM »
If true, it shows just how popular the green and yellow shirt is - which has always been the case.
I also liked the blue and yellow away kit, but nothing will ever top the green and yellow.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 02:49:15 PM »
Yeah I went in the merry hill and ground club shop and all that had was a hand full of smalls and 6 xl’s. They told me there wouldn’t be anymore printed

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 06:53:39 PM »
The last time we had green and yellow ( Robson / Mowbray era ? ) there was tons left over in the club shop , they ended up nearly giving it away . I've still got the shorts  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 08:01:31 PM »
The last time we had green and yellow ( Robson / Mowbray era ? ) there was tons left over in the club shop , they ended up nearly giving it away . I've still got the shorts  :D
I was never a fan of the last yellow and green kit and didn’t particularly want another one but the club and puma really got it a right and I love this seasons, this seasons home shirt is one of the best we’ve had in some years too for me.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 10:15:07 PM »

The last green and yellow away kit we had was the 2003/2004 season. The second megson promotion year. we also had the kit in the 2001/2002 season and the 2002/2003 season. So for 3 seasons on the bounce it was green and yellow.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 10:23:34 PM »
The last green and yellow away kit we had was the 2003/2004 season. The second megson promotion year. we also had the kit in the 2001/2002 season and the 2002/2003 season. So for 3 seasons on the bounce it was green and yellow.
No mate , deffo had it after.
Remember an awful performance on New Years Day at Southend in it. Vague memory of Hartson in it
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 11:20:51 PM »
https://classic-shirts.com/product-eng-18719-2006-07-WEST-BROMWICH-ALBION-SHIRT-L-BOYS.html

2007 was the last yellow and green shirt.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 01:33:22 PM »
No mate , deffo had it after.
Remember an awful performance on New Years Day at Southend in it. Vague memory of Hartson in it

Yeah it was wasn’t it , completely forgot Umbro did one

http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/kits/westbrom.png

I was looking at that but for some reason they leave the Umbro kit off

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 01:01:42 PM »
https://classic-shirts.com/product-eng-18719-2006-07-WEST-BROMWICH-ALBION-SHIRT-L-BOYS.html

2007 was the last yellow and green shirt.

The problem with that one was that you had the yellow and green stripes, pink and black t-mobile logo, blue and white badge and umbro logo, red and white coca-cola championship badges, and red and gold naming / numbering. The combination of colours was awful, and it looked a mess.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 01:42:17 PM »
The problem with that one was that you had the yellow and green stripes, pink and black t-mobile logo, blue and white badge and umbro logo, red and white coca-cola championship badges, and red and gold naming / numbering. The combination of colours was awful, and it looked a mess.

Agree entirely, I'm a huge fan of the yellow and green but that was an assault on the eyeballs. If I'm honest I was hesitant as to what Puma would do with this but I have to say I'm impressed with both of this season's striped kits. Even the black and blue one's starting to grow on me. Now all Puma need to do is sort out the sizing, manufacturing and supply.........  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 01:47:06 PM »
There appears to be some smalls left on the online shop, http://www.wbashop.co.uk/p/10084/18-19-PUMA-ADULT-CHANGE-SHIRT

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 02:09:52 PM »
I liked the green third change shirt that we had last season.  Perhaps if a thin yellow strip was introduced on that we could have a less garish strip despite all the advertising badges.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 02:16:40 PM »
There appears to be some smalls left on the online shop, http://www.wbashop.co.uk/p/10084/18-19-PUMA-ADULT-CHANGE-SHIRT

Think you have to be 10 stone to fit in a puma small mate and ten stone I ain’t   ;D

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 02:54:53 PM »
Not a great fan of yellow and green in the past, but I'm liking the 2018/19 incarnation.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 11:48:13 PM »
Not a great fan of yellow and green in the past, but I'm liking the 2018/19 incarnation.

We seem to picking points up in that kit. Worst away performance was in the black kit.

Almost seems the black kit has been shoved aside we always play in yellow and green now
O Albion we love you

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 07:58:10 PM »
We seem to picking points up in that kit. Worst away performance was in the black kit.

Almost seems the black kit has been shoved aside we always play in yellow and green now

If only EA Sports would take note. It's still not on FIFA19.

Norwich's pointless third shirt is though  >:(

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 06:23:51 PM »
There was a small batch of green and yellow tops at the stadium club shop. I managed to get a large yesterday. Not many left though so be quick if you want one

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 07:46:30 PM »
Both the home and away are the best shirts we’ve had for years in view. Everything is right from the width of stripe to the collar. They really did honour the tradition of the club. I can’t see next seasons shirts being anywhere near as good.