Author Topic: Izzy Brown  (Read 14290 times)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Izzy Brown
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
Reminds me of a young Giles Barnes , doubt we will see him today but what a trip for him to go on.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 12:29:12 PM »
With Arsenal reported to be interested in him recently I think its a great idea to get him in and around the squad, make him feel like he isn't a million miles away from the first team.

Will be nice to see him get on the bench at least to give him that experience and get him craving more.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 01:12:34 PM »
Wished him luck on twitter this morning and he replied thanking me. It seems that he replied to a load of tweets doing the same. Exchanged a couple of tweets and he followed me. He seems like a down to earth lad and judging from that video a pretty good player. Wish him all the best for today and his career (hopefully with us).

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 01:55:30 PM »
Reminds me of a young Giles Barnes , doubt we will see him today but what a trip for him to go on.

I'm not so sure  ;)
Twitter: @floydy1983

jsam

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 02:00:42 PM »
I really hope he gets on at some stage this afternoon. Being realistic, there isn't a huge amount at stake in this game for us (unless we can engineer the downfall of a third Chelsea manager), so it would give the match a real historic value if he came on - not only the Albion's youngest player following in the footsteps of the great Bobby Hope, but the league's youngest too.

Good luck Izzy.
Remember the past - learn from it

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 02:05:18 PM »
He's definitely on the bench this afternoon

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 02:35:54 PM »
With Arsenal meant to be interested I'm just wondering if there is some clause that would kick in if an academy player has already played or been picked in the 1st team squad ?

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 02:41:27 PM »
With Arsenal meant to be interested I'm just wondering if there is some clause that would kick in if an academy player has already played or been picked in the 1st team squad ?

Cynical! Twitter is buzzing with talk of him. I'd give him a few minutes at the end if possible just for the sake of writing WBA into the record books. It'd be great experience too for the lad.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »
Looking forward to seeing him play, would hope that he gets a cameo in one of the games this season.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »
I bet he'll still be buzzin' when he's back at school on Monday.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 08:40:47 PM »
Looked absoulutely embarrassed warming up and having his name sang  :D

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 08:45:39 PM »
I bet he'll still be buzzin' when he's back at school on Monday.

Monday morning what did you do over the weekend Izzy?
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

woodta

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 09:42:24 PM »
I really would like to see the kid have a some game time over the end part of the season. As I really want to see the club develop a player and play him! Obviously the next 3 seasons are key for the guy. Once he finishes school he can possibly look at a local loan to the likes of Walsall, Shewsbury etc. So it will enable him to stay close to family and friends etc and get competitive game experience. Then when is 18, a loan out to a championship side (if he is as good as what we are to believe he should be ready). Then by the time he is 19 he should be looking at playing as first team squad member.
When he is maybe 21/22 given the right development opportunities we would have a 15 million asset on our hands because of him being homegrown. Which would enable us to develop further as a club.

The only way we are going to develop these players is if they are given a chance to shine. Now that we are now considered a "established" premiership side we should be able to have possibly 5-10 games per season (depending on how successful a season we have) at the end to give the youth a chance towards the end of the season.
In my blood and forever blue and white

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2013, 10:44:16 PM »
I really would like to see the kid have a some game time over the end part of the season. As I really want to see the club develop a player and play him! Obviously the next 3 seasons are key for the guy. Once he finishes school he can possibly look at a local loan to the likes of Walsall, Shewsbury etc. So it will enable him to stay close to family and friends etc and get competitive game experience. Then when is 18, a loan out to a championship side (if he is as good as what we are to believe he should be ready). Then by the time he is 19 he should be looking at playing as first team squad member.
When he is maybe 21/22 given the right development opportunities we would have a 15 million asset on our hands because of him being homegrown. Which would enable us to develop further as a club.

The only way we are going to develop these players is if they are given a chance to shine. Now that we are now considered a "established" premiership side we should be able to have possibly 5-10 games per season (depending on how successful a season we have) at the end to give the youth a chance towards the end of the season.
I don't think it would be right to loan him out when still so young. I would think he would stay under our guidance for at least until the season after next so that he can be advised and trained by our coaches and play for the under 18s and 21s.

woodta

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »
I don't think it would be right to loan him out when still so young. I would think he would stay under our guidance for at least until the season after next so that he can be advised and trained by our coaches and play for the under 18s and 21s.

I was not thinking a season long loan next season. Just a couple of 28 day youth loans that the club seems to do a lot. Then bring the guy in between the loans to develop with our coaches. Then the season after next he would need to be loaned out for a season. Because any good players that is considered to be a step above the rest are normally playing first team football at the age of 18.
In my blood and forever blue and white

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 11:32:00 PM »
Then when is 18, a loan out to a championship side (if he is as good as what we are to believe he should be ready). Then by the time he is 19 he should be looking at playing as first team squad member.

By the time he's 19 he'll inevitably have been poached by one of the top 6 sides with us receiving a paltry amount of compensation.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2013, 01:15:55 AM »
By the time he's 19 he'll inevitably have been poached by one of the top 6 sides with us receiving a paltry amount of compensation.
That´ll be Swansea then. ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2013, 05:11:17 AM »
Looks a great player.

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »
I`d of liked Steve Clarke to have given him 10 mins against Chelsea to see if he had anything about him,
if Albion are investing all this money on a youth system then I cant see the point if we`re never going to
give them a chance. I know we`ve played George Thorne a few times but thats about it which isnt good
enough.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:07:08 AM by the rainbow turn east »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 11:24:30 AM »
Sounds like he enjoyed the experience judging by this on the OS

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/izzy-pays-tribute-to-academy-staff-693109.aspx

Its got to be good to give the younger players a taste of it and hopefully feel more part of the club and more likely to stay for a while.

I was wondering who that is on the right of the picture - another youngster who travelled but wasn't on the bench ?

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2013, 11:36:52 AM »
Sounds like he enjoyed the experience judging by this on the OS

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/izzy-pays-tribute-to-academy-staff-693109.aspx

Its got to be good to give the younger players a taste of it and hopefully feel more part of the club and more likely to stay for a while.

I was wondering who that is on the right of the picture - another youngster who travelled but wasn't on the bench ?

Romaine Sawyers.

Philly88

• Junior Baggie

Izzy Brown
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 07:24:27 AM »
He says he's in Birmingham! We're Black Country!! Sell him! Hehe
Let's bring back Micky Evans... thats a good idea

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

Izzy Brown
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 02:13:03 PM »
I`d of liked Steve Clarke to have given him 10 mins against Chelsea to see if he had anything about him,
if Albion are investing all this money on a youth system then I cant see the point if we`re never going to
give them a chance. I know we`ve played George Thorne a few times but thats about it which isnt good
enough.
Think it's a bit soon to be bemoaning the club for not giving youth players a chance. There really aren't many 16, 17, or 18 year olds who make premier league appearances at that age. We clearly have a decent crop of potential young footballers coming through developing nicely but there is no need to just throw them in. Get them involved in training and squads, dangle that first team carrot in front of them and see if it spurs them on to progress as it did with Thorne at a similar age.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 08:48:06 PM »
Brown is in the squad for tomorrow's game, most players of his age do not get anywhere near the first team so I am inclined to believe he is a genuine prospect.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.