Author Topic: New sponsor?  (Read 52908 times)

teaguey

• Youth Baggie

Re: New sponsor?
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 01:37:40 PM »
Bold statement
Follow me: @teaguey91

Kentishbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »
The logo peels off?! I'll get the tweezers!  :P

My black top 75% done already!
Bloke's walking down a street in Witton, see's an old lady struggling with 2 big shopping bags, goes over and says "can you manage love?". She turns and say's "No, fu@k off I don't want the Vile job!!".

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2011, 01:02:23 PM »
Rumours doing the rounds that it could well be an online betting company. Perhaps SBOBET, I remember them sponsoring us for a couple of games two seasons ago in the Championship. BWIN the Real Madrid sponsors have also been mentioned.

jasonbot

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 08:20:31 PM »
My black top 75% done already!

You ironing on that print boy??

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »
I'm not ITK on many things but I am on this one. I have been offered the Albion sponsorship for a remarkably low figure. Quite surprised me...

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2011, 09:20:17 PM »
I'm not ITK on many things but I am on this one. I have been offered the Albion sponsorship for a remarkably low figure. Quite surprised me...

You personally 'Stoxman' !  ???
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2011, 10:10:21 PM »
and who may you be??  :P
AND ITS 5 FOR THE BAGGIES...BOING BOING TAKE THAT

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2011, 04:02:01 PM »
Looks like it could be 12BET

www.12bet.com

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »
Looks like it could be 12BET

www.12bet.com

Thats the one I couldn't think of when it was suggested elsewhere about them not sponsoring a team here.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2011, 04:10:04 PM »
Thats the one I couldn't think of when it was suggested elsewhere about them not sponsoring a team here.
yea looks a good shout. they have blues and newcastle on there aswell but they dont sponsor their shirts. there not like carlsberg or luk and just a small sponsor at west brom?

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »
yea looks a good shout. they have blues and newcastle on there aswell but they dont sponsor their shirts. there not like carlsberg or luk and just a small sponsor at west brom?

Northern Rock are Newcastle's shirt sponsor again next season, presume they'll be official betting provider of something. Same with Blues and apparently they aren't sponsoring Sevilla next season.

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2011, 05:59:37 PM »
 chris lepkowski- "They're just affinity partners. They won't be the new shirt sponsors, though they were considered"      well that ends that rumour then.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2011, 10:00:05 PM »
chris lepkowski- "They're just affinity partners. They won't be the new shirt sponsors, though they were considered"      well that ends that rumour then.

No it doesn't. Until it comes from somebody employed by the club, then it could still happen.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2011, 10:16:01 PM »
No it doesn't. Until it comes from somebody employed by the club, then it could still happen.

There seems to be an awful lot of anti/negative CL posts on this forum.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2011, 10:28:41 PM »
There seems to be an awful lot of anti/negative CL posts on this forum.

Most don't appear to be anti/negative to me but make the point that he can only report what he has been told by people at the club and that it is entirely possible that he wont always get given correct up to date information.

In this respect he has probably been told who the likely sponsors are (probably a deal that is virtually done but for the finer details before they can confirm it) and seemingly it isn't this betting company.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2011, 10:31:46 PM »
Most don't appear to be anti/negative to me but make the point that he can only report what he has been told by people at the club and that it is entirely possible that he wont always get given correct up to date information.

In this respect he has probably been told who the likely sponsors are (probably a deal that is virtually done but for the finer details before they can confirm it) and seemingly it isn't this betting company.

If that's the case then what is the point in CL's position as Birmingham Mail WBA journalist? We may as well not have one if he has to keep hush or isn't getting told much by the club.

samthebag

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2011, 10:36:41 PM »
Key thing that CL said was they were considered, obviously means there is/was more than one option, which can only be good for the club having more than one sponsor competing to have their name on our shirts, means we can play them off against each other and see who bids highest! or am i reading too much into that? :)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »
Not really the place to discuss CL in particular but he will break news for the Birmingham Mail around the same time it is being reported elsewhere although I think he may have been the one to print the Shay Given link first. No one is saying he doesn't get told much just that he probably doesn't know everything, he also wont be able to print everything if the club request that he doesn't to keep his sources happy. With the Internet stories just aren't all that exclusive anymore like they used to be.

With the sponsors in particular he can't print anything until a deal has been confirmed as things can and probably do change just like when he said there probably wouldn't be a home pre-season friendly. If someone asks him a question he will answer it if he knows the answer, someone asked and as far as he knows that betting company aren't our shirt sponsors.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2011, 09:05:47 AM »
To be honest if it isn't Homeserve i'll be quite glad - i really didn't like their tone with regards to not wanting to sponsor us if not in the premiership.

Karma.
I only go for the beer.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2011, 11:03:59 AM »
To be honest if it isn't Homeserve i'll be quite glad - i really didn't like their tone with regards to not wanting to sponsor us if not in the premiership.

Karma.

They didn't want to sponsor us in the Championship because NPower are the league sponsors, not because we weren't high profile enough.

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2011, 11:37:03 AM »
Quote from: RowleyBaggie2 on Today at 09:04:35 AM

Karma.

They didn't want to sponsor us in the Championship because NPower are the league sponsors, not because we weren't high profile enough.

Yep, corporate politics at it's best. As Npower sponsor the league, and are in direct competition with Homeserve for some of their services it is seen by Homeserve as wrong for them to be 'only' sponsoring a club - i.e. makes them look smalltime compared to npower.
Stupid I know but that's how marketing an 'brand managers' think

boinger1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2011, 10:11:55 AM »
Definitely not Homeserve. On OS now. New sponsor revealed next week.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2011, 11:36:26 AM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~2381143,00.html

hope its just writing and not silly houses or pictures again!
budwiser would be good mass quantities of ale haha.....
O Albion we love you

Jack_Wba11

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2011, 12:04:38 PM »
No more big red house!  :(  :D

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2011, 01:04:19 PM »
Well, I'm quite happy it's not homeserve. Looking forward to the announcement, I guess the quicker that's made the quicker the kits will be on sale.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom