Author Topic: Non League Football Thread  (Read 7066 times)

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Non League Football Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2024, 01:32:45 PM »
With the greatest of respect if you get loosened up after only one pint of regular beer or cider it's probably best you stand further away from the glass. Cue 04's attempts to suck regular beer or cider through the longest straw available rather than leaving it well alone........ probably  ;D .
Wrong word Loosened Up I let my hair down, I enjoy myself, I ay drunk Autistic medication means 4 and I wake up with a Hangover 3 is borderline. But that was when I first started drinking, I am skinny to that might play a factor although I am nearly 6'0 or about 6'0 now and now I have drunk often I might be more tolerable. Plus I was having a heated debate over the FA Cup Replays
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2024, 02:11:22 PM »
I have a bunch of chants created for Saturday going back to the initial issue most have swearing in but in a good way trying to change the words ruins the chant. If I am being supportive I can't see why this is an issue.
Darlaston now play Stourport Swifts in the Play Off Semi Final Our chairman will be happy if a crowd of over 400 turn up there did seem to be more than usual in for a midweek friendly. Some old faces and some who are new to the journey. The winner gets Either Lichfield City or Highgate United. Lichfield will be away and for Darlaston Highgate would be at home.

Lichfield are in Walsall Senior Cup action a few days before and there fixture list has been mental I think so who knows. I am looking to travel to Lichfield but to me I prefer a home Final as my best memory so far is Darlaston beating Stapenhill with a last minute winner to get promoted to where we are now. Hednesford Town have been relegated to the same level as where Darlaston currently are they might play in the division Darlo do now so if we don't go up Hednesford and Bilston will be playing us.

Also Solihull Moors are into the National League Play Off Semi Final after beating Halifax 4-2

Also Phil Brown will stay as Kidderminster Harriers boss despite there relegation. He was on 5 live a few weeks ago praising the support Kiddy gets.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 01:43:04 PM by BaggieBoy04 »

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2024, 07:26:31 PM »
Well Darlaston won 3-1 after an equal first half we dominated second half my fears of no atmosphere actually weren't to be worried, me and a fee other blokes enjoyed ourselves we now play next Saturday against Lichfield away. Has anyone been to Lichfield what's it like. I'm debating going they charge £4.50 a pint Darlo charge Black Country places and it is about an hour and 15 minutes away from Darlaston by bus. But It would be my first time away.

Solihull Moors are on course for the National League Play Off Final currently winning 0-4. I would like to see the Moors do it because it's another Midland side in the League.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2024, 09:06:50 PM »
Well Darlaston won 3-1 after an equal first half we dominated second half my fears of no atmosphere actually weren't to be worried, me and a fee other blokes enjoyed ourselves we now play next Saturday against Lichfield away. Has anyone been to Lichfield what's it like. I'm debating going they charge £4.50 a pint Darlo charge Black Country places and it is about an hour and 15 minutes away from Darlaston by bus. But It would be my first time away.

Solihull Moors are on course for the National League Play Off Final currently winning 0-4. I would like to see the Moors do it because it's another Midland side in the League.
If the price of a pint is putting you off, then you shouldn't go. How many are you necking during a game?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2024, 10:04:50 PM »
If the price of a pint is putting you off, then you shouldn't go. How many are you necking during a game?
Normal 1 or 2 today I had 4 3 I Brought 1 someone else brought due to the half time Queue and 1 more than usual because of the fact we won. I think I'm just used to paying £3 odd a pint when I rarely go out to the pub in Darlaston. And £3.50 at Darlo one of very few times I'll go out in the week. But I guess I am only worried as I am sure if I am getting bus or train and If I pay card on the bus I am paying £8 as opposed to £4.50 by cash unless I can get a daysaver by card
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 10:20:49 PM by BaggieBoy04 »

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2024, 10:31:52 AM »
Well my first away game and Darlaston are promoted 1-3 in front of a crowd of 1,100 we had at least 150-200 maybe more. We are in Step 4, some of the Players Familes had travelled in from Wombourne and Cardiff (that was her first game) I joked with her saying she was a lucky omen. Darlo went 1-0 up after 2 minutes and I got soaked in Lager abs Guinness. 2 up at Half time, Lichfield had a spell then Kerian Miller who scored the winner last time we were promoted scored our third to see us up. Free Drinks were on the house at Darlo/ People buying it for you I had about 5 pints capped of my day with a Chinese watching MOTD with my Dad.

Solihull Moors could be a Football League side today the gap between them and Blues potentially only a division away. Lichfield will do well next season, good group of young players. Our Manager had his birthday yesterday and dedicated the win back at our place to Leon Taylor who died a couple of years ago. We renamed the bar the LT9 bar in his honour. But what a day, Albion In the Play Offs, Darlo promoted and Blues down

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2024, 04:32:51 PM »
Bromley 2 Solihull Moors 2 66mins, Solihull come back twice from a goal down, National league play off final, to reach league 2
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2024, 05:44:03 PM »
Bromley 2 Solihull Moors 2 66mins, Solihull come back twice from a goal down, National league play off final, to reach league 2

Ended 2-2, penalty shoot out on the way
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2024, 05:58:13 PM »
Moors lost.

Another bad day for Birmingham.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2024, 06:10:17 PM »
Moors lost.

Another bad day for Birmingham.

Couple of poor penalties to be honest, the first one especially.

Thought Bromley deserved it overall, were the better team and how the shot in the 2nd half of extra time didn't go in!!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill