Author Topic: Jeremy Sarmiento signs on loan - official.  (Read 31871 times)

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jeremy Sarmiento signs on loan - official.
« Reply #300 on: January 24, 2024, 05:31:53 PM »
Smeth Dan is spot on from what i have been told, we were happy for him to go as to him it was the Sarmiento project.

Corberan is very much about the team, everythng is geared up to suit that, every player knows his job and what is expected to the finest detail, there is no organ grinder and monkey, he expects players to do both.

We were / are limited who we could get financially but had a good relationship with Brighton due to the Clarke and Molumby deals, they wanted him to get game time and play for a team instead of himself, we saw a very creative player who it was hoped could keep that creativity and be moulded into a team player.

However it became clear that after half a season that nothing was really going to change, he wasnt lazy but didnt fully buy into what CC wanted, he wanted to produce the odd bit of magic and be the hero, had he stayed he would of been very much an impact sub / odd start so a deal was agreed with Brighton to cut the loan short.

As for CC he is very clear what he expects, i was told when Mowatt first joined apparently he was a bit too over confident, he was (as of then) one of our best paid players and he was Ismaels main man, he wasnt disliked but rubbed people up the wrong way, but since he came back from Middlesboro he has grown up a lot.

CC told him what was expected preseason both on the pitch and in the dressing room if he wanted to play and Mowatt completely brought into it, he is now an important player and very popular with his team mates and a decent bloke.

Bartley was similar, apparently if he was having a bad day at training then everyone was made to suffer, CC picked up on it straight away and told him the same as he did Mowatt and again he is now influential for right reasons.

Diangana was more about work rate and desire, again told if he wanted to play he couldnt just do the fancy stuff, he brought into it and similar to Mowatt and Bartley is now a first team regular.

I know this isnt the Corberan thread but just giving examples from what i have been told as to why Sarmiento left early.

He is supposedly very intense (that comes across on matchdays!) but he isnt pally or overfriendly with the players, he is very demanding and so there can be no excuses or misunderstanding, Hefele and one of the other coaches are more the jokers and go between but basically you do it Carlos's way or you dont play!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #301 on: January 24, 2024, 07:06:43 PM »
Great post 79. Good for CC I say. No I in team!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #302 on: January 24, 2024, 07:24:53 PM »
CC definitely didn't sound too distressed he was going at the time.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #303 on: January 24, 2024, 09:31:20 PM »
I still think he’s going to improve dramatically and is a loss. We will be lucky to get someone better this window IMO.

CC has to be applauded and respected but he won’t get everything right and I think not fighting to keep him, on this occasion may be a mistake. Perhaps if we had, Brighton would have left him be, we will never know

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #304 on: January 25, 2024, 08:28:30 AM »
Smeth Dan is spot on from what i have been told, we were happy for him to go as to him it was the Sarmiento project.

Corberan is very much about the team, everythng is geared up to suit that, every player knows his job and what is expected to the finest detail, there is no organ grinder and monkey, he expects players to do both.

We were / are limited who we could get financially but had a good relationship with Brighton due to the Clarke and Molumby deals, they wanted him to get game time and play for a team instead of himself, we saw a very creative player who it was hoped could keep that creativity and be moulded into a team player.

However it became clear that after half a season that nothing was really going to change, he wasnt lazy but didnt fully buy into what CC wanted, he wanted to produce the odd bit of magic and be the hero, had he stayed he would of been very much an impact sub / odd start so a deal was agreed with Brighton to cut the loan short.

As for CC he is very clear what he expects, i was told when Mowatt first joined apparently he was a bit too over confident, he was (as of then) one of our best paid players and he was Ismaels main man, he wasnt disliked but rubbed people up the wrong way, but since he came back from Middlesboro he has grown up a lot.

CC told him what was expected preseason both on the pitch and in the dressing room if he wanted to play and Mowatt completely brought into it, he is now an important player and very popular with his team mates and a decent bloke.

Bartley was similar, apparently if he was having a bad day at training then everyone was made to suffer, CC picked up on it straight away and told him the same as he did Mowatt and again he is now influential for right reasons.

Diangana was more about work rate and desire, again told if he wanted to play he couldnt just do the fancy stuff, he brought into it and similar to Mowatt and Bartley is now a first team regular.

I know this isnt the Corberan thread but just giving examples from what i have been told as to why Sarmiento left early.

He is supposedly very intense (that comes across on matchdays!) but he isnt pally or overfriendly with the players, he is very demanding and so there can be no excuses or misunderstanding, Hefele and one of the other coaches are more the jokers and go between but basically you do it Carlos's way or you dont play!

and this is why CC is the most important asset this club currently has

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #305 on: January 25, 2024, 08:53:31 AM »
Some on here will probably compare CC and Sarmiento to Pulis and Gnabry before long.

Can't wait for those posts......... I can imagine they'll be original, riveting and not remotely repetitive  ::) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #306 on: January 26, 2024, 09:54:17 AM »
Some on here will probably compare CC and Sarmiento to Pulis and Gnabry before long.

Can't wait for those posts......... I can imagine they'll be original, riveting and not remotely repetitive  ::) .

Yeah, and they always forget to mention that one of best managers of all time (Wenger) didn't rate him and sold him for relative peanuts.

Having said that, I do wish we had kept JS, not because he was the finished article, but because GD was off to Afcon and a one legged JS is better than AR.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2024, 02:33:37 AM »
He scored a goal against a semi-professional team last night. However, in the same game:

- Shots off target = 3, shots blocked = 2 (on target = 2)
- Aerial duels won = 0
- Possession lost = 12 times
- Interceptions = 0
- Tackles = 0
- Error led to a goal for other team = 1
- Ground duels = Lost 5 out of 8
- Aerial Duels - Lost 1 out of 1

Still needs some work by the looks of it.

(Stats from Sofascore.com)

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2024, 09:35:49 AM »
What a shame that he will now have on his CV that he was part of the Championship team to lose to a National League South team . I guess our players who played against Woking have never forgotten that match .

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #309 on: January 28, 2024, 08:12:55 PM »
Saw he was involved in all 3 goals for that cup defeat too.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2024, 08:55:29 AM »
watched the Ipswich game as nothing else was on, i think the post that Albion79 put up about Sarmiento and the project being himself and not the team shone through in this game.
great player with undoubted talent and skill, but needs to understand the other 10 on his team aren't there just to give him the ball when he wants it.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #311 on: January 30, 2024, 02:28:26 PM »
watched the Ipswich game as nothing else was on, i think the post that Albion79 put up about Sarmiento and the project being himself and not the team shone through in this game.
great player with undoubted talent and skill, but needs to understand the other 10 on his team aren't there just to give him the ball when he wants it.

The lad on the other Ipswich wing Omari Hutchison looked to be similar, amazingly talented but could have laid on a number of golden chances but chose to go himself. Bizarre game.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #312 on: January 30, 2024, 03:54:33 PM »
The lad on the other Ipswich wing Omari Hutchison looked to be similar, amazingly talented but could have laid on a number of golden chances but chose to go himself. Bizarre game.

Hutchinson was the player from Chelsea we missed out on this time last year.

interestingly enough he's also been on Ipswich's bench a lot like Sarmiento was for us. Two good and talented players as individuals.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #313 on: March 20, 2024, 11:54:05 AM »
In Athletic article today Sarmiento Sr. says us and Ipswich offered the same deal in the summer but they were swayed by CC promise of development in JS however he is now happier at Ipswich as he is surrounded by younger players/squad and he knows Hutchinson as well. He also said the Ipswich coach is excellent.

Brighton wanted him to go to Ipswich not us according to the report.