Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 676723 times)

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Slaven Bilic
« Reply #1575 on: September 02, 2020, 01:24:20 PM »
I like Slav and want him to succeed but he needs to get off to a good start as his results at the end of last season will go against him imo.

I reckon more fans will point the blame at the board than at Bilic. Just a feeling
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1576 on: September 02, 2020, 01:27:41 PM »
I can handle being relegated as long as we give a good account of ourselves playing half decent football with a young enthusiastic bunch of players
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1577 on: September 02, 2020, 03:26:57 PM »
I remember being shot down for saying that players wouldn't come and play for Pulis. The usual response was that players move for money. I disagree. Slav seems a great character, man manager and plays a decent style. All of those have got to be attractive for some players.
All good points.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1578 on: September 02, 2020, 04:35:39 PM »
I remember being shot down for saying that players wouldn't come and play for Pulis. The usual response was that players move for money. I disagree. Slav seems a great character, man manager and plays a decent style. All of those have got to be attractive for some players.

Correct, footballers want to 1) play games, 2) enjoy their football & 3) get as much money as possible. Any decent striker would run a mile from Pulis. Under Bilic we play football in the right manner, have a coached pattern of attack. Not surprising that the gang from last year want to carry on. Let's just hope we can get Diangana over the line as you never know in football, anything can happen.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1579 on: September 02, 2020, 05:08:49 PM »
Correct, footballers want to 1) play games, 2) enjoy their football & 3) get as much money as possible. Any decent striker would run a mile from Pulis. Under Bilic we play football in the right manner, have a coached pattern of attack. Not surprising that the gang from last year want to carry on. Let's just hope we can get Diangana over the line as you never know in football, anything can happen.
Yes, I can see the vile lot offering £20K to WHU, just to get him. WHU would then take the money, after all it is business.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1580 on: September 02, 2020, 05:50:10 PM »
Yes, I can see the vile lot offering £20K to WHU, just to get him. WHU would then take the money, after all it is business.

I dont think even West Ham would be stupid enough to accept £20k for Grady.
Gera, Gera, Gera

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1581 on: September 02, 2020, 05:51:49 PM »

But you could imagine the Vile being stupid enough to offer it.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1582 on: September 02, 2020, 06:31:41 PM »

Maybe that's why our bid has been accepted. They haven't spotted where the decimal place is.  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1583 on: September 02, 2020, 07:08:30 PM »
Bilic must have instilled a cracking environment with the players under his watch. Pereira happy to sign, Krovinovic desperate to come back and now Grady seems interested to join permanently or bid wouldn't have been made. Got to say the man is trying to build something here  ;D

A team (including the coach) that loves to play for each OTHER is always more impressive and entertaining than a team of prima donnas... sum of the parts and all that. Still a couple of scary gaps to fill though... but I trust SB.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1584 on: September 02, 2020, 11:15:09 PM »
Slaven has a free hit for me this season.
If we bring in diangana krov kipre to add to periera. He keeps bringing the age down he recycles the poor strike force and we have a go at playing football relegation wouldn't be end of world.

We have a project that's going to take a few years to get us back to being established it would be nice if billic builds something over the years and gets us to being a respected pl outfit who have a go at the cups and make europe rather than just being there to keep up the numbers like the previous regimes
O Albion we love you

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1585 on: September 10, 2020, 06:40:04 PM »
Joseph Masi Twitter Acount

On Albion's website, Slaven Bilic has confirmed he wants another striker: "We talk about needing a striker that will give us something we don’t have from our other players, good players, in that position." #wba
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1586 on: September 10, 2020, 06:44:48 PM »
"Joseph Masi
@JosephMasi_Star
He added: "It’s very difficult even when you have the money but in our situation we don’t have the kind of support that would make it easier to find these players." #wba"

You tell 'em Slaven.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1587 on: September 10, 2020, 06:47:27 PM »
Joseph Masi Twitter Account

Bilic also re-affirmed he wants Krovinovic & more signings . Bilic: "We wanted to keep together the team from last season and then add 3 or 4 to improve the quality. We have done everything (Pereira, Robinson & Diangana) but Filip. And we will try & get a few more players." #wba
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1588 on: September 10, 2020, 08:19:16 PM »
Bilic is mega inebriated atm, a couple of people have told me this independantly and more worryingly he has lost his fire for the challange, looking at his latest video on the O/S I am inclined to agree.

I think its all down to lack of transfer and wage funds, its fair to say he is not overjoyed by the Kipre and Button signings and refers to them as squad players. I really hope we can overcome these issues as I really rate him very highly and I am desperatefor him to stay and succeed.

In Slav we believe!
Gera, Gera, Gera

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1589 on: September 10, 2020, 08:23:57 PM »
I think he's only just realised how our board operate, i'd be depressed too.

I wonder if deep down he thought it was all a bit of bluff talk about them not spending to try and get some cheap deals but now he's alert to the fact they were deadly serious about not investing or boxing clever with the money.

I'd imagine he can't quite believe a board would be so laid back about throwing away a chance at securing a PL future for a small risk.

Welcome to the Albion Slav.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1590 on: September 10, 2020, 08:40:30 PM »
Shame, he does seem a bit down from the things we are seeing and there have been a few online mentions to the fact we haven't heard from him much this summer.

It's a difficult window, I get that, but this is whu we need to be working at our optimum when it comes to transfers. I don't think the club are currently in a position to maximise their resources sadly.
Boing Boing

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1591 on: September 10, 2020, 08:42:04 PM »
I thought he was being quite pragmatic.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1592 on: September 10, 2020, 08:44:23 PM »
If we are in the middle of negotiations and he is starting to throw his toys I’d be marching him off the premises in the morning.
I know plenty on here think he’s Corberan...I think he’s ok ,but you cannot have a manager being grumpy in the media without consequences.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1593 on: September 10, 2020, 08:53:48 PM »
If we are in the middle of negotiations and he is starting to throw his toys I’d be marching him off the premises in the morning.
I know plenty on here think he’s Corberan...I think he’s ok ,but you cannot have a manager being grumpy in the media without consequences.

It’s how managers are, you cannot blame Slav for these words it’s because he cares and it’s a fair reflection on how the fans are feeling. Would you prefer a yes man? Alan Irvine perhaps?

Slav got this team promoted and was our chief scout last summer with Pereira. Without Slav the club would not be premier league. At worst we’ve extended 2-3 years of competing and at best we’re back on our way to being an established top flight club. That’s more than ‘ok’ in my book. .

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1594 on: September 10, 2020, 09:00:44 PM »

It's his reputation on the line. I don't blame him.

As things stand we are likely to get a severe pasting. Before you scream " LETS SEE WHO WE GET FIRST!".From the interview theres not going to be much more quality forthcoming by how he acts/sounds. If we do a Derby then his stock drops considerably. Of course I think he's aware we'd have one of the smaller budgets but not this small.

I suppose he's mentioning these things to try and protect his own value.

Come the likely pastings every week and relegation "Hey, they wouldnt spend money, what more could i or you do?" type of thing.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1595 on: September 10, 2020, 09:07:19 PM »
One of the worst posts ever....Go dunk your head in a bucket of cold water! I like a manager with fire in him!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1596 on: September 10, 2020, 09:08:17 PM »
If we spend anywhere in the region of £14m on Grant and £5m on Krov, which I still expect to happen, our total expenditure will be something like £35m (excluding Pereira) plus future incentives.

In the circumstances thats probably around what could have reasonably been expected. If he doesn’t like it, he maybe needs to look at what seems to have been his own insistence we get the gang back together.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1597 on: September 10, 2020, 09:14:25 PM »
It’s how managers are, you cannot blame Slav for these words it’s because he cares and it’s a fair reflection on how the fans are feeling. Would you prefer a yes man? Alan Irvine perhaps?

Slav got this team promoted and was our chief scout last summer with Pereira. Without Slav the club would not be premier league. At worst we’ve extended 2-3 years of competing and at best we’re back on our way to being an established top flight club. That’s more than ‘ok’ in my book. .
I fail to see how him being publicly unhappy is going to help us negotiate a deal for a player that he wants ?
Slav was in charge when we went up...I’d consider that other managers may have gained promotion earlier and at least been able to retain top spot when we had an eleven point gap.
I’m glad you feel that it’s more than ok ...that’s you opinion, to which you are entitled as am I .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1598 on: September 10, 2020, 09:17:35 PM »
One of the worst posts ever....Go dunk your head in a bucket of cold water! I like a manager with fire in him!
It’s great that you do like him, I didn’t say I didn’t...but he’s not perfect and me stating that he should (publicly) toe the line ...does not make my post “the worst ever”
I’m not too sure what he has done to be held so highly by our fans (accepting the “he’s not Irvine/Mel/Pardew” syndrome) I don’t dislike him...I just don’t think he’s perfect, nor do I think he should be breaking rank .

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1599 on: September 10, 2020, 09:19:07 PM »
I fail to see how him being publicly unhappy is going to help us negotiate a deal for a player that he wants ?
Slav was in charge when we went up...I’d consider that other managers may have gained promotion earlier and at least been able to retain top spot when we had an eleven point gap.
I’m glad you feel that it’s more than ok ...that’s you opinion, to which you are entitled as am I .

I get you’ve taken a bit of a pasting for your post, but for what it’s worth at no point in my reply did I say you weren’t entitled to your opinion nor did do try to imply it. It’s interesting that you seem to judge Slav for not winning the league in his first year. High expectations indeed.

In Super Slav I Trust.