Author Topic: Play offs  (Read 98546 times)

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Play offs
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »
 looks like its going to be the Vile.
Does anyone know if the allocation for tickets for away fans will be the same as in the league games? 

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2019, 07:07:38 PM »
At the risk of sounding obvious if we hope to get promoted we have to beat what's in front of us

The point I was making is that if it is us v Villa, its like 2 footballing teams with goals in them going at one another. If its us v Boro, its one footballing team v anti-football team playing for a 1-0. I'm not sure which game I'd fancy us more for.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2019, 07:15:31 PM »
Villa would be the hardest assignment all day long.  Boro have been trash lately and their fans want Pulis gone
I know how they feel.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2019, 07:28:41 PM »
Pulis always beats his former teams as he did again today, so they are the ones to avoid.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2019, 07:51:39 PM »
Villa would be the hardest assignment all day long.  Boro have been trash lately and their fans want Pulis gone
Problem is that a rubbish performance from a Pulis side doesn’t mean a defeat for them
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2019, 08:21:41 PM »
What's the odds of the 2nd & 3rd place teams losing their last 3 matches and us winning our last 3?
If so,were up!

Tatnam baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2019, 09:07:59 PM »
What's the odds of the 2nd & 3rd place teams losing their last 3 matches and us winning our last 3?
If so,were up!
unlikely as both Leeds & Sheffield United have to play Ipswich and there Sh*t

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2019, 09:34:47 PM »
unlikely as both Leeds & Sheffield United have to play Ipswich and there Sh*t
but they might lose their other two...

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2019, 09:50:46 PM »
So annoying, we had chances vs Sheff weds, Sheffield Utd, boro etc etc to have absolutely walked promotion.

If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2019, 10:15:53 PM »
So annoying, we had chances vs Sheff weds, Sheffield Utd, boro etc etc to have absolutely walked promotion.
But we could also have lost both Sheff Wed games, rather than draw, got a point with a handball v Villa, the forest penalty (deserved to lose both Forest games in fact), the last winner at QPR etc etc
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 10:20:59 PM by Albertbaggie »

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2019, 08:28:49 AM »
It’s going to be Villa, I’d be trying so get the best xi sorted which I think is;

Johnstone
          Dawson Bartley Hegazi
Holgate                              Gibbs
                    Brunt
         Phillips           Johansen
                Jrod Gayle

The problem area is the midfield, against Grealish and McGinn we could be in massive trouble but going forwards we will hurt them.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2019, 09:59:56 AM »
It’s going to be Villa, I’d be trying so get the best xi sorted which I think is;

Johnstone
          Dawson Bartley Hegazi
Holgate                              Gibbs
                    Brunt
         Phillips           Johansen
                Jrod Gayle

The problem area is the midfield, against Grealish and McGinn we could be in massive trouble but going forwards we will hurt them.

We need one of them, preferably both to get injured. Abraham is injured so that's one down hopefully.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2019, 10:13:09 AM »
looks like its going to be the Vile.
Does anyone know if the allocation for tickets for away fans will be the same as in the league games?
A reminder that they cut our allocation at seal park to 2100 when we gave them 2800 and they robbed us for £29.00 when we only charged them £20.00 so maybe payback time?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2019, 10:17:24 AM »
A reminder that they cut our allocation at seal park to 2100 when we gave them 2800 and they robbed us for £29.00 when we only charged them £20.00 so maybe payback time?

We would have to charge our fans the same price. I.e. if we charge them £50 at wba, our fans buying tickets would have to pay the same to attend the home game.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

KH Baggies

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2019, 12:32:46 PM »
We should always pay more for the privilege of attending such a great ground!!!!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2019, 12:48:06 PM »
Need to cut their allocation for Hawthorns encounter and make sure no seal gets his hands on home tickets.

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2019, 12:57:55 PM »
Need to cut their allocation for Hawthorns encounter and make sure no seal gets his hands on home tickets.

Pretty sure under league rules we have to offer them 10% of the capacity. The same applied to them, but the police got involved and limited how many we were allowed to have. I can't see them changing their mind about that when the game has even more at stake. They should consider limiting the number of seals allowed at the hawthorns as well to make it fair!

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2019, 05:19:14 PM »
It's all about practicalities and physical divisions of the stand.

If giving them less than  10% means that the stand doesn't work in terms of divisions and safety, it won't happen sadly.

Having said that 10% of 41k is 4100 and we had 2000?

So clearly, rules are there to be broken, if you push them. If we can justify safety then give them 1350. That's an equivalent percentage to what we got at Villa.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2019, 07:56:33 PM »
It's all about practicalities and physical divisions of the stand.

If giving them less than  10% means that the stand doesn't work in terms of divisions and safety, it won't happen sadly.

Having said that 10% of 41k is 4100 and we had 2000?

So clearly, rules are there to be broken, if you push them. If we can justify safety then give them 1350. That's an equivalent percentage to what we got at Villa.
The 10% rule only comes into play if the clubs capacity is less than 20 thousand.
Grounds over 20,000 all you are guaranteed is a minimum of 2,000 but clubs can obviously give more if they want to.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2019, 09:12:07 PM »
The 10% rule only comes into play if the clubs capacity is less than 20 thousand.
Grounds over 20,000 all you are guaranteed is a minimum of 2,000 but clubs can obviously give more if they want to.

Thanks for that.

In which case, let's give villa the minimum.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2019, 07:17:35 AM »
Unless there is an epic fail over the next couple of games then it will be the vile. No doubt they are in very good form at the moment and we should not be complacent with our success against them so far this season. It will be a good semi and I don't fear them at all. However I would rather meet them in the semis as opposed to troop all the way to London and get done there......

and we all know a derby is a great leveller :)
MAGA!

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2019, 07:51:13 AM »
Unless there is an epic fail over the next couple of games then it will be the vile. No doubt they are in very good form at the moment and we should not be complacent with our success against them so far this season. It will be a good semi and I don't fear them at all. However I would rather meet them in the semis as opposed to troop all the way to London and get done there......
and we all know a derby is a great leveller :)
I'm with you on this Mr Clad but a final at Wembley against the seals would have been one hell of a grand day out, just imagine the trains there and back let alone inside the stadium and the pubs around and about!
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2019, 10:31:45 AM »
Premature talk of play-offs . We can still finish second. All this talk of losing to the Villa is really pi@@ing me off.
By the way Jacko, if you really think Sam Field will never play for us again, lets see the colour of your money :P
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2019, 10:58:25 AM »
Premature talk of play-offs . We can still finish second. All this talk of losing to the Villa is really pi@@ing me off.
By the way Jacko, if you really think Sam Field will never play for us again, lets see the colour of your money :P

No disrespect but that would take a minor miracle. The Blades and Leeds would have to throw the towel in right now.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »
Lads, this thread is to discuss the possible playoffs etc as in who we are likely to face at some stage but seems its turned into just a random thread now.

There are plenty of other topics to discuss individual players or clubs so this topic will be locked if this continues.

Please use the Championship thread in the General Sports forum to discuss teams except the vile who have their own thread.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 02:46:53 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill