Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535313 times)

baggieboy79

• Junior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #10875 on: February 12, 2021, 01:18:51 PM »
Saido Berahino has publicly apologised to Jeremy Peace Today for the way he behaved whilst with West Brom.  Much too late in my opinion but would we take him back?  Could still do a job for us?

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/saido-berahino-exclusive-ive-never-publicly-apologised-for-my-behaviour-towards-jeremy-peace-at-west-brom-but-id-like-to-do-it-now

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10876 on: February 12, 2021, 02:23:53 PM »
Saido Berahino has publicly apologised to Jeremy Peace Today for the way he behaved whilst with West Brom.  Much too late in my opinion but would we take him back?  Could still do a job for us?

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/saido-berahino-exclusive-ive-never-publicly-apologised-for-my-behaviour-towards-jeremy-peace-at-west-brom-but-id-like-to-do-it-now

I don't think it's about that with Berahino, more just moving on and showing he's matured. I believe he's loaned out to another Belgium club so he's hardly setting the world alight. It's good to see for his own growth that he's moved on though, shows he's more mature than he used to be.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10877 on: February 13, 2021, 05:10:28 AM »

Grass isn’t always greener. Funny how no other English club wants to seem to take a punt on him. He’s rotten, leave him where he is.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10878 on: February 13, 2021, 07:15:30 AM »
Still only 27 years old , scored 35 goals in 100 games for us , including some beauties. Not suggesting him as first choice but worthy of a looksee, if we are considering Andy Carroll (58 goals in 210) games for Newcastle and West Ham, and any number of unproven players from Europe.
Some Albion supporters would cut their own nose off to spite their own face. All I know is that at his best , he was a very good striker. Some of the players we are being linked to have never been "very good" just plain average.

I think the word was sums it up for me 68. When he was with us he got ideas above his station and when the deal did not happen his head went, and for me I have seen no evidence that he is anywhere near that player we had the pleasure in watching, all be it for not very long.

The fact that he is prepared to publicly apologise to JP shows me how desperate he is to get back into English football. He went on social media a few months ago with a bit of a 'tell all' posting in the hope of finding his way home.

I know where you are coming from but for me we have enough problems at the club without this chap.

MAGA!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10879 on: February 13, 2021, 10:54:13 AM »
I am glad if he seen the error of his ways but that's it. The general rule of thumb if a player's good, great or whatever form was more than a season ago don't count on him recapturing it if it is more than 2 seasons old there is virtually zero chance of seeing it again. What you see is what you get.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

MONKWBA

• WBA Newbie

Saido Berahino
« Reply #10880 on: March 11, 2021, 09:57:33 AM »
Really insightful interview with Rio Ferdinand & others released yesterday.

Saido expresses once again his main desire is to one day play for West Brom again. I'd had my doubts in the past but he comes across as a much more mature man these days and to hear anyone say they would love to play for West Brom is great to hear.

Personally I would take him back - he seems to be much more grounded nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRPIlG2xQnw

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10881 on: March 11, 2021, 09:59:53 AM »

Saido expresses once again his main desire is to one day play for West Brom again. I'd had my doubts in the past but he comes across as a much more mature man these days and to hear anyone say they would love to play for West Brom is great to hear.

Hi Saido, welcome to the forum  ;D

It’s a no from me. Hope you/he ends up playing Sunday League pub football.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 10:04:52 AM by BB74 »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10882 on: March 11, 2021, 10:02:43 AM »
absolutely not, never
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10883 on: March 11, 2021, 10:05:51 AM »
Not the player he once was or could have been.

I wouldn’t take him back myself, but at the same time if he did come back and score goals I’d be cheering so  ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10884 on: March 11, 2021, 10:22:51 AM »
It’s surprising easy to say something when you are about to be unemployed and would love to find an employer to pay you 20k per week. He made his bed, West Brom treated him well and he he must now live with the decisions he made. He has proved nothing since he left us, was a load of trouble at Stoke and now playing in a pub league.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #10885 on: March 11, 2021, 10:29:00 AM »
Hardly set the world in fire in Belgium, I look regularly to see if he's played for Sporting Charleroi but seems to be sub more than anything, could be argued he needs a run of games but something is obviously stopping them from giving him that run.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10886 on: March 11, 2021, 10:29:26 AM »

Good morning Mrs. Berahino.

It's very nice of you to post this link to your son's interview but I'm afraid I don't have time to sit through such long discourse. Does he mention his charitable interests and how your grandchildren are progressing through their early life stage development?

God is good but I very much doubt I'll be playing for the Albion any time soon either. If you take your boots down to the Hawthorns you'll probably get a start before either of us do. All of the very best for a happy  and wonderful day.

Cheery bye.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10887 on: March 11, 2021, 10:38:01 AM »
Berahino playing for the Albion again LOL he would be about as welcome as Meghan Markle at the Palace!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10888 on: March 11, 2021, 10:45:54 AM »
Sad truth is, if he did come back and performed well enough for Tottenham to come calling again, I would expect him to behave exactly as he did the first time.
I don't believe he's changed, He's just desperate.

Let the Wolves have him.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10889 on: March 11, 2021, 10:56:42 AM »

I could live with that if he was banging them in for fun in Belgium, but he's not.

We need to move forward, not live in the hope that he may once again discover his form. There are many clubs in the UK that could take a chance, but none seem to be lining up for him.
MAGA!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10890 on: March 11, 2021, 11:13:04 AM »
What could have been.
He had a great chance here and blew it.
Its a no from me (Unless Jimmy needs a punch bag)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10891 on: March 11, 2021, 01:00:19 PM »
A definite no from me. He has blown so many opportunities. And just to be a little controversial, I don't think he was ever that good.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10892 on: March 11, 2021, 01:08:23 PM »
I thought his movement and finishing were very decent attributes when he was at his best.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10893 on: March 11, 2021, 01:52:42 PM »
Talk about ‘Hero to Zero’

At one point he was ahead of Harry Kane on the England scene being named on the bench for a full international in preference to Kane.

He considered himself to be the new ‘Pele’ in his football quality and if he had half a brain, could have become a legend at West Brom but threw it all away both professionally and personally with his behaviour - drinking and driving, family issues etc etc.

I agree with all posters - a big no, no for him coming back to the Hawthorns as he would be a great disruptor once more and throw his toys out of his pram at the earliest opportunity.

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10894 on: March 11, 2021, 02:02:47 PM »
Before the Tottenham business he was great, he really was. That whole affair just seemed to destroy him though and he's a shadow of him former self. I believe he has genuine regrets over the way he acted, which is good, but it's still a no from me.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10895 on: March 11, 2021, 02:08:46 PM »
Before the Tottenham business he was great, he really was. That whole affair just seemed to destroy him though and he's a shadow of him former self. I believe he has genuine regrets over the way he acted, which is good, but it's still a no from me.

and to think he was playing with Harry Kane in the under 23's and really looking the part. It was difficult to tell who was better.

I am getting the impression he will say anything to get a decent gig in the UK again......not at ours hopefully.
MAGA!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10896 on: March 11, 2021, 02:12:08 PM »
and to think he was playing with Harry Kane in the under 23's and really looking the part. It was difficult to tell who was better.

I am getting the impression he will say anything to get a decent gig in the UK again......not at ours hopefully.

If i recall Berahino was slightly ahead of Kane in most peoples eyes at the time but tossed it all away.

Yes he's angling for a move back to the UK but not through us hopefully

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10897 on: March 11, 2021, 05:14:17 PM »
I thought his movement and finishing were very decent attributes when he was at his best.

Spot on this. From that very early hattrick against Newport he looked the part. Scored regularly for England under 21s and most importantly translated it to the Premier League. Totally derailed 90% through him getting in his own way in both his personal and professional life and a generous 10% in having his head turned by Spurs.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 05:33:23 PM by TheJacko2000 »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10898 on: March 11, 2021, 05:33:04 PM »
Well I have said it many times on here , I would have him back on trial in a heartbeat. I can't believe how bitter some of our supporters are about him. He was a quality finisher and knew how to hit a cows backside with a banjo.
Listen to what Fletch says about him in the video. I am not saying he can do it now but worth a trial surely, Oh sorry I forgot we have plenty of goalscorers don't we?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10899 on: March 11, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »
I don’t think he’ll ever get back to the level he was at but worth a trial if available. Just look at some of the poor strikers we’ve had turn out for us over the last few years. He can’t be any worse.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club