Author Topic: Balls  (Read 3763 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Balls
« on: January 28, 2019, 06:52:37 PM »
Here's a topical one for the geeks among us.
How many Albion players have pulled their balls out of the bag?
Talking about the FA cup draw of course.
Ho would you find that out?
Anyway the question is out there now.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

Re: Balls
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »
Decent draw that (Derby at home) if we beat Brighton. Chelsea v Man United knocks out another one of the big boys. Let's go for it, we've got a great chance of doing well.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 08:16:39 PM »
Decent draw that (Derby at home) if we beat Brighton. Chelsea v Man United knocks out another one of the big boys. Let's go for it, we've got a great chance of doing well.

That being the case would you make changes to the team who drew with Brighton to make sure we went through or not

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 08:22:28 PM »
That being the case would you make changes to the team who drew with Brighton to make sure we went through or not

think majority of team you could keep the same. the obvious thing to change would be the front 3 and get barry in for Edwards. (perhaps leave hoolahan floating about) hook leko and HRK and replace with Gayle and Rodriguez.

potentially start Holgate over mears and that's a pretty balanced side with a chance of winning the game
O Albion we love you

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 10:29:47 PM »
think majority of team you could keep the same. the obvious thing to change would be the front 3 and get barry in for Edwards. (perhaps leave hoolahan floating about) hook leko and HRK and replace with Gayle and Rodriguez.

potentially start Holgate over mears and that's a pretty balanced side with a chance of winning the game

I would start with the same team but would make your suggested changes if after 60/70 minuets if they were needed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:57:20 PM by OldburyWBA »

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 10:33:37 PM »

I'd like to see us have a more potent attack, I was at the game on Sat and we were utterly toothless up front for most of it.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 08:21:48 AM »
Stick the first team out! Why wouldn't you when you have a chance like this to get to the quarters that's what I would be asking.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 08:35:41 AM »
I'd like to see us have a more potent attack, I was at the game on Sat and we were utterly toothless up front for most of it.

Yeah me too, when I saw Gayle warming up with about 10 to go I fully expected Moore to bring him on as we were creating half chances and getting some balls into the box that better forwards would have buried...or at least worked the keeper. It would have been a good opportunity to win the game.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 08:37:39 AM »
Yeah me too, when I saw Gayle warming up with about 10 to go I fully expected Moore to bring him on as we were creating half chances and getting some balls into the box that better forwards would have buried...or at least worked the keeper. It would have been a good opportunity to win the game.

...would have required having a manager with a semblance of an idea on how/when to use substitutions to the sides advantage. It is a major limitation that is becoming more than just a minor concern now.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 11:40:36 AM »
If we had put out our first team we would have won and we might have now lost our chance. This is down to the hideous way of 'resting' players who won't actually be playing until next Saturday - Joke. I know all teams do it but it makes a mockery of the competition and shows little thought for the fans, but the what football club actually cares about the fans.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 11:55:38 AM »
Sad to see that another topic has been highjacked to provide another opportunity to smear the head coach over his substitutions. I shudder to think what posters would have said if DG had entered the fray and been injured.
If he can attract this sort of moaning now (one loss in fourteen), I await the outpouring of vitriol that Moore will face if things don't go exactly to plan as the season unfolds.
Perhaps somebody could detail all the glaring examples of Moore's substitution ineptitude that have cost WBA games.... (on the right thread please).

On topic: B Robson?

keithowba86

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 04:34:20 PM »
before i zoomed in.. i saw this thread as 'balis'... got excited that he was receiving one of these appearance caps... now i know he's not, i'll go back to what i was doing  >:(