Author Topic: Andy Murray  (Read 12613 times)

wba13

• Youth Baggie

Andy Murray
« on: November 21, 2016, 12:44:39 PM »
What was it someone called him a few years ago gormless and useless well lets just say this He could possibly be the greatest Tennis player Britain has ever seen, a wonderful year ending as the worlds no 1 won 3 grand slams 2 Olyimpic titles and the davis cup  what more can we say about a true great of tennis From me its CONGRATULATIONS TO SIR ANDY MURRAY .

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Andy Murray
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 12:49:47 PM »
What was it someone called him a few years ago gormless and useless well lets just say this He could possibly be the greatest Tennis player Britain has ever seen, a wonderful year ending as the worlds no 1 won 3 grand slams 2 Olyimpic titles and the davis cup  what more can we say about a true great of tennis From me its CONGRATULATIONS TO SIR ANDY MURRAY .

by a million miles, arise Sir Andy
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 01:50:23 PM »
Is this the Andy Murray who's a proud scot except when he wants the support at Wimbledon, when he suddenly becomes Briitish
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 02:32:21 PM »
Is this the Andy Murray who's a proud scot except when he wants the support at Wimbledon, when he suddenly becomes Briitish

When we come out of Europe he will be a proud european

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 03:12:23 PM »
This is the proud Scot who won the Davis cup for Britain and the same proud Scot who won 2 gold medals for Britain being a Scot does`nt make him any less British than you and me I`m English and proud and love beating the Scots bugt that will not stop me cheering on any other home nation  when the need arises.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 03:15:14 PM »
Can't stand the bloke......
MAGA!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 03:15:29 PM »
no problem with andy murry, hes funny and good at tennis too

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 03:21:19 PM »
IMO,
Plucky brit today, will be a miserable jock when he next loses!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 04:06:16 PM »
Please don't make him a Sir until he finishes playing...suspect he'd be embarrassed by it for now.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 04:14:21 PM »
Can`t stand the bloke why what harm`s he done you Just remember this, as a kid he along with other children including his Brother and Teachers   had to hide in classrooms and be smuggled from the school from that Maniac Thomas Hamilton who killed 16 in the Dunblane massacre  I think it would make you look and feel a bit off handish if it happened to you.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 04:36:38 PM »
Can`t stand the bloke why what harm`s he done you Just remember this, as a kid he along with other children including his Brother and Teachers   had to hide in classrooms and be smuggled from the school from that Maniac Thomas Hamilton who killed 16 in the Dunblane massacre  I think it would make you look and feel a bit off handish if it happened to you.
Best ever British male tennis player, The End !!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 05:45:02 PM »
no problem with andy murry, hes funny and good at tennis too
No mate you are thinking of Al Murray AKA The Pub Landlord BOOOOOM
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 08:18:01 PM »
He is an amazing tennis player

Just can't stand him...dour

Love Liam Gallagher reply to him on twitter  ;D

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 11:04:52 PM »
He is an amazing tennis player

Just can't stand him...dour

Love Liam Gallagher reply to him on twitter  ;D

I agree - and as for Sports Personality of the Year - the clues in the title, you should have a personality

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 11:07:50 PM »
I agree - and as for Sports Personality of the Year - the clues in the title, you should have a personality

Just another stick to beat him with.

If that's the case someone like Flintoff or Swann would have won the award year after year.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 10:21:54 AM »
He's a boring bloke and there's something about him I just don't like but his accomplishments in tennis shouldn't be underestimated he's had a phenomenal career to date and in an era that has been so competitive.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 10:32:01 AM »
He's a boring bloke and there's something about him I just don't like but his accomplishments in tennis shouldn't be underestimated he's had a phenomenal career to date and in an era that has been so competitive.

Exactly how I feel about him

As a tennis player I've nothing but admiration but he just comes across as a dour Scot to me and there is something I can stand about him

His mum is the same, when she was on Strictly you could see where he gets his amazing personality from!!

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 10:32:48 AM »

I am fully aware of the facts wba13 but I am entitled to my opinion. Your reasoning is similar to the Saido story about what he has been through with the loss of his dad and the civil war, and we don't tolerate that well on here these days......

I don't like him because of his early English jibes......wearing a Portugal shirt when we were due to play them. Fully aware that he is a very lucky person to survive Dunblane, I do not need to be informed of that - but I can't stand the bloke as a person. Top tennis player though - I will give him that.

I don't like Lewis Hamilton either - spoilt brat! Come on Nico!!!!

MAGA!

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 11:40:45 AM »
COME ON THE BRIT Hamilton for me every time Rosberg had all the luck this year if both cars hold up in any race Hamilton wins pure talent and it aint over till the fat lady sings.

Loughborough Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 10:23:28 PM »
Just another stick to beat him with.

If that's the case someone like Flintoff or Swann would have won the award year after year.

One man's poison is another man's cure.  I guess it depends what we mean by personality.  If we mean a never ending reservoir of guts and determination then Murray's the man.  If we mean the ability to drink beer and be personable then Flintoff's the geezer.  You must mean Tufnell rather than Swann?  Even my Mrs enjoys listening to Tuffers and she hates cricket!

If you want to bring a smile to your face try sticking this in your browser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzEBLrz3S1o

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 11:00:32 PM »
I don't think they should be judged on a personality - it should be judged on their dedication, quality and achievements in their respective field - Andy Murray has excelled, yet again, in an era where Tennis has never been so strong.

I also quoted Swann ahead of Tuffnell as Swann knew how to hold a bat and a bowl a ball ha. Great clip though you have provided - another funny one was Henry Blofield talking about putting a rubber on - I think Tuffnell may have been in the commentary box for that too.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 09:13:50 AM »

or the same Andy Murray who is British when he wins but Scottish when he loses. It goes both ways.

Being Scottish and British aren't mutually exclusive.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »
COME ON THE BRIT Hamilton for me every time Rosberg had all the luck this year if both cars hold up in any race Hamilton wins pure talent and it aint over till the fat lady sings.

Congratulations Nico...well deserved  ;D

Can't stand Andy Murray......
MAGA!

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2016, 12:05:28 PM »
Sorry can`t agree will always back a brit against any other country and would always back the Englishman against any other brit because i`m English though and through .  As for Murray, Hamilton  Well there the worlds no 1 in there sports come on you Brits .

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 01:20:58 PM »
Sorry can`t agree will always back a brit against any other country and would always back the Englishman against any other brit because i`m English though and through .  As for Murray, Hamilton  Well there the worlds no 1 in there sports come on you Brits .

I am all for English (and to a lesser extent Brits) doing well in their sports, but why oh why can't we have more likeable stars like Jess Ennis.

Hamilton and Murray undoubtedly have talent, but they both just get on my t1ts