Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534574 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1150 on: November 06, 2014, 02:38:11 PM »
Why are people saying he will leave ,...he has got this far because if his place in our team....cant see the appeal of sitting on the bench at Liverpool or Chelsea...

40-50k appeals a week perhaps?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1151 on: November 06, 2014, 02:56:52 PM »
Hope he gets some decent game time in at least 1 of the games. However more important for him will be training and being around players like Rooney for a week an hopefully feeling like he belongs at that level.

Also as cynical as it sounds a goal against Slovenia and good performance against Scotland would stick another £5m on his value straight away.

It's becoming inevitable he will leave (I can't see him going in January unless we get really stupid money though) so lets enjoy him while we can. Great news for us as a club, and this will also hopefully help us keep hold of the current crop coming through. I know Berahino is a year or 2 older but  he is now odds on to be playing for England at the Euro's next summer whilst Brown, Dhanda and Sinclair will probably have 5 first team appearances between them for their new clubs.

Your probably right as Dhanda is only 15/16 and Sinclair is of similiar age.

Very rare you see 17/18 year old youth players playing regularly in any top level team (minus the odd player like Sterling).

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1152 on: November 06, 2014, 03:36:30 PM »
Congratulations to Saido and the club for the call up!  8)

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1153 on: November 06, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »
Selling Earnshaw wasn't a mistake.

Not replacing him was.

If Berahino keeps on doing well until January and someone offers stupid money then he'll be off. I sincerely hope he stays though

I honestly can not see it happening.  Jeremy isn't going to render a Head Coach, who he has taken a massive gamble appointing, without his best player during what is a very difficult run in .  We might get £25M for him but the cost of relegation will be far more.  Peace knows this.

If any club bids for him in January I'd imagine Peace will turn them down flat, but there might be some sort of arrangement or gentleman's agreement in place for that coming summer.

Realistically I see only one club being interested: Liverpool.  None of the top 4 will come in for him (yet) and Daniel Levy will not want to enter into transfer negotiations with Peace in January.  And would Liverpool even break the bank for him, I'm not so sure, Sturridge is quite a similar player to Berahino in terms of attributes and how they play the game.  There is also financial fair play to consider - will clubs be so ready to part with £25-30M in the January window..

I'm actually confident he'll be an Albion player for at least another 18 months but maybe I'm being over optimistic.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:45:01 PM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

else

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1154 on: November 06, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »
A new contract this month then we sell him in the summer is what I can see happening.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1155 on: November 06, 2014, 03:52:52 PM »
The gaffer admitted that 3 points in the PL is worth more than an entire cup run (including cup victory). This shows the complete emphasis by the club on Prem survival. Saido won't be going anywhere in January.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1156 on: November 06, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »
The gaffer admitted that 3 points in the PL is worth more than an entire cup run (including cup victory). This shows the complete emphasis by the club on Prem survival. Saido won't be going anywhere in January.

It depends how much is head is turned by training with the England squad. He'll see the flash cars and the money being thrown around and I am sure he will have his head turned.

After all I wouldn't blame him.

If he doesn't go in January he will go in the summer.

The only positive of selling in January is that we might get a club (like Liverpool) who will pay that little bit more.

Whatever happens, when he goes we need to make sure we have a decent sell on clause or apperance/goal clause in there.

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1157 on: November 06, 2014, 04:05:21 PM »
Well if anything, It means i will now watch and be interested in watching England again.

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1158 on: November 06, 2014, 04:29:55 PM »
well done to him and the club for bringing him through.

Does anyone think that Izzy Brown might be a tad envious and regretting going to Chelsea, he would have seen more prem action with us and his turn would probably have come next season or the one after, after regular appearances for us and being in the shop window.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1159 on: November 06, 2014, 04:49:56 PM »
well done to him and the club for bringing him through.

Does anyone think that Izzy Brown might be a tad envious and regretting going to Chelsea, he would have seen more prem action with us and his turn would probably have come next season or the one after, after regular appearances for us and being in the shop window.

On 15k a week? I very much doubt it. Izzy had no affinty towards Albion, we were just a stepping stone, it's not like he was a local lad.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1160 on: November 06, 2014, 04:52:55 PM »
On 15k a week? I very much doubt it. Izzy had no affinty towards Albion, we were just a stepping stone, it's not like he was a local lad.

I think if Izzy had stayed, we may not have seen Berahino until next season, if at all.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1161 on: November 06, 2014, 04:54:14 PM »
I think if Izzy had stayed, we may not have seen Berahino until next season, if at all.

Why?

They play in different positions
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1162 on: November 06, 2014, 04:58:14 PM »
Why?

They play in different positions

Because at the moment we only see one or two youngsters make the squad and even then O'Neil is not picked every week.

I just think that if Izzy had stayed it may have pushed Berahino down the pecking order a little.

Not that I am complaining mind as it has worked out in the end.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1163 on: November 06, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »
We were also heavily stocked in midfield when brown was about as well, similar to now, plenty of people that can play in the middle. Strikers not so much, especially ones that score
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Silver Thostle

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1164 on: November 06, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »
Well done Saido.
 :) :) :)
In the FULL ENGLAND squad, forget £25m for him, now worth £50m plus when you look at what Carroll was sold for!!!!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1165 on: November 06, 2014, 05:31:42 PM »
Absolutely delighted for him but more delighted for the club and the academy.

A success for them as well as Berahino.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Silver Thostle

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1166 on: November 06, 2014, 05:36:30 PM »
Couldn't agree more, after all the doom and gloom over the summer, at last plenty to cheer and good news around the Albion, brilliant

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1167 on: November 06, 2014, 05:38:05 PM »
Absolutely delighted for him but more delighted for the club and the academy.

A success for them as well as Berahino.

Agree. We've come on leaps and bounds since the Mkandawire, Chambers and Oliver days.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1168 on: November 06, 2014, 06:10:01 PM »
The front three for England could be Sinclair berahino with izzy brown behind. Ridiculous that all three should have broken through together for us . Could have been special for us.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1169 on: November 06, 2014, 06:11:52 PM »
Absolutely ecstatic for the lad, just proves that hard work and regular game time will get you everywhere.

Perhaps he will think of that when the big clubs come calling
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1170 on: November 06, 2014, 06:33:02 PM »
One for the statto's
when did WBAFC last have a 21 yr old getting a full england cap ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1171 on: November 06, 2014, 07:15:57 PM »
We nearly very nearly messed this up. Playing him on the right wing. The lack of impact from Ideye and Vics injury have benefitted both Saido and ourselves. 
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1172 on: November 06, 2014, 07:19:04 PM »
Well done Saido.
 :) :) :)
In the FULL ENGLAND squad, forget £25m for him, now worth £50m plus when you look at what Carroll was sold for!!!!

Different positions I know, but if Luke Shaw went for £30m and Lallana for £25m...PL proven goal scorers always carry a premium...its got to be £30m-plus.

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1173 on: November 06, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »
This is great news and well done to Saido, very well deserved in my view.

Great as well for the Albion, and very nice to see two Albion players in the squad and hopefully both will get a bit of time on the pitch with the two matches coming up, particularly with the one being a friendly.

From a selfish perspective I'm well pleased as, to my great surprise, I won a couple of tickets for the Slovenia match on 15 Nov in a competition so am off to Wembley for that one with my son, and the possibility of one or both of the Albion players having a run out tops it all off very well.

But great news and will add a real interest in the two forthcoming matches for all Albion fans.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1174 on: November 06, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »
One for the statto's
when did WBAFC last have a 21 yr old getting a full england cap ?

When was the last time we had 2 players in an england squad? Could be 3 if lescott carrys on playing the way he does