Author Topic: Future FA/Carling cup games?  (Read 3926 times)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

Future FA/Carling cup games?
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »
Will you bother going?,lets face it even if we do slip into a lower division we are still likely to field a weaker side.For me the cups have started to die off which is a shame as im a massive fan of the FA cup as its something as a nation we should be proud of imo.The atmosphere's have been poor too,Leicester away a good example,win 4-0 yet the majority of the time our good support was fairly quiet/flat.I remember a lot of members on here were annoyed with our side and attitude at Reading too.Will knowing your likely to see a weakened side effect your attendance of these games?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Future FA/Carling cup games?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:50:04 PM »
If I can afford it i'll go regardless of weakened team or not.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 09:54:54 PM »
I think as long as the club recognise it with regards to pricing then its good to see players who are coming through the ranks or on the fringe of the first team

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:58:41 PM »
If the game is at the Hawthorns then I wont miss it regardless of the team we put out, away depends on the price really.

I enjoy seeing a few players that aren't in the first team or some youngsters every now and then, wholesale changes can be very frustrating though especially when you are within spitting distance of the very late rounds as we were in the Carling Cup this season and I'm still a little upset about that one.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 10:01:47 PM »
What about a weakend side with a half arsed attitude like Ipswich away/Reading away?Would you still go then with the price of fuel,tickets and hopefully Premier games to pay for?

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 10:04:40 PM »
I think we should be concentrating on the cups not picking reserves and hoping for the best.

As Blues have shown and as we got to the semi final a few seasons back they are our best bet to win something.

We are never going to win the Premier League or Champions League but we can realistically win one of the domestic cups.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 10:10:14 PM »
As I said I'm still upset about the attitude of the players from the couple of cup games this season but I honestly put it down the the coaching staff not being bothered about it and it rubbed off on the players. When they can't be bothered to make any substitutions despite things going so badly and then making a poor excuse for not doing so you know you have wasted your time and money so I can understand people not bothering to go in future.

It hasn't been helped seeing Birmingham win a cup this season, missed opportunities playing massively weakened sides.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 10:16:20 PM »
I'll try my best to attend but it comes down to the price at the end of the day. If i've been to the ground before then I'll leave it, if its somewhere where I haven't been before or it has the potenial to have a good atmosphere (Peterborough away) then i'll certainly look into it.

I'd like to see us use more of James Hurst in the cups however, I wouldn't want to see drastic wholesale changes as it is possible for us to have a chance in these cups. I'd also like to see Michael Appleton take charge of team affairs in the cups, this building up his managerial experience.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 05:07:56 PM »
It's always a good chance to see the new signings in the early months, so yeah probably. Fa cup still has some magic though.
Boing Boing

astle68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »
So long as I can get there and I can afford it I will do. Went to Ipswich knowing full well we wouldn't see our first 11 put out, so I've never understood the big problem people have with the side put out that night - especially as that side battered Man City. Mind you, the no substitutions thing was baffling in the extreme!

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 05:18:45 PM »
If I can afford it i'll go regardless of weakened team or not.

Exactly right, we are the albion and i will back whoever is wearing the stripes
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 08:57:34 PM »
Thought the cup match this year v Man city was great , mixed a few of the second string and still got a result against given , viera , jo etc..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »
Well i will try to go if i can afford it, very disheatening when you see some lacklustre performances in competitions like this when travelling and putting your earned money into the match, but i will continue to go if i have the money.

Hoping we avoid reading next time though  :D

eaststandbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 01:34:25 PM »
I think you will see a different approach to cup games from you.He is a thinker and tactician.Any team he puts out will be worth watching
I was there when The King put the ball in the Everton net.