Author Topic: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)  (Read 153892 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)
« Reply #1050 on: August 05, 2022, 03:25:27 PM »
Strange one really given that City do not have a left back currently and he seemed to be their #1 target. They will fill in for now with Cancelo playing there, or Ake and Laporte where necessary, but if they are looking to win the Champions League they need a top quality left back with Cancelo playing in his natural position over Walker.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1051 on: August 05, 2022, 06:38:34 PM »
"Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
West Ham have signed paperwork and documents for Maxwel Cornet. Done deal, it will be announced tonight - contract valid until June 2027 plus one-year option to extend. ⚒️🇫🇷 #WHUFC

Contract also signed, shout-out @ExWHUemployee and @FabriceHawkins
Final fee will be £17.5m."

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1052 on: August 06, 2022, 04:47:00 AM »
Not Many People Know that….

Former Albion midfielder Romaine Sawyers shares a birthday with Nice Head Coach Lucian Farve; both were born on 2nd November.  I am sure it has nothing to do with Nice being particularly busy this week in the transfer market but they have completed 4 transfers.

Mattia Viti from Empoli (£11.70m)
Kasper Schmeichel from Leicester City (£0.9m)
Aaron Ramsey from Juventus (free)
Alexis Beka Beka from Lokomotiv Moscow (£10.80m)

They join

Rares Ilie from FC Rapid (£4.50m)
Marcin Bulka from Paris Saint-Germain (£1.80m)

Who signed earlier in the window.

Nice are one of the few French clubs that are likely to have a net spend during the window. The Schmeichel deal  is the one that has caught the attention of the UK media, He has signed a 3 year deal with the club and I suspect the plan is that his career will dovetail with young Polish keeper Marcin Bulka. This could be a pretty good move for all parties,

Chelsea the same as it ever was

Carney Chukwuemeka has joined Chelsea from Villa. No big deal we have seen this play out dozens of times promising youngsters join Chelsea for a big fee then go out on loan for the next decade never quite make it at Chelsea etc… But hold on a minute the plan here is  that he stays and plays. Well that is different, new owners new ideas perhaps the influence of Tuchel from a league where clubs seem to trust young players more. We will wait and see.

They also just pay eye watering amounts of money for the next big thing that emerges in the Premier League and a fee of £55m for Marc Cucurella from Brighton is eye watering particularly after free spending Man City who don’t have a recognised Left Back balked at meeting the South Coast club’s valuation. Chelsea have 4 in their squad (total fees more than £100m), Maybe not the most logical of moves.

On the other side of the transaction Brighton have made a tidy profit and I do wonder if that will free up some funds to reinforce them beyond the loan signing of Levi Colwell  from Chelsea for the season. Although he really only replaces Shane Duffy who has been allowed to leave for Fulham on loan.

Meanwhile down the Mile End Road….

At some point West Ham got good at transfers; they continued to do good work picking up Max Cornett from Burnley for around £18m. There is a tactical fit player of a good age they own all his peak and not really an overpay.

Championship Corner

Fees and loans are now dominating the transactions as most free agents are fixed up with clubs although there are still about a dozen or so it would not surprise me to see land in the Championship. Noteworthy deals this week include  Burnley continuing to mine talent from the Belgium league and Norwich making their second foray into the South American market.

How well either move turns out is anybody's guess but two of the wealthier clubs in the Division casting their net further afield might tell us something.

Loans

Aaron Ramsey Aston Villa to Norwich
James McAtee Man City to Sheffield United
Charlie Patino Arsenal to Blackpool
Tyler Morton Liverpool to Blackburn

Fees

Benson Manuel Hedilazio Royal Antwerp to Burnley (£3.6m)
Marcelino Núñez Universidad Católica to Norwich (£3.25m)
Aribim Pepple Calvary Fc to Luton Town
Sammie Szmodics Peterborough to Blackbun Rovers (£2.5m)

Frees

Connal Trueman Birmingham City to Millwall

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1053 on: August 07, 2022, 12:21:15 PM »
Didn't realise McAtee had gone to Sheff Utd. Highly rated young English midfielder, seen as a potential big star. Would have preferred he had gone elsewhere rather than a rival. It seems a number of the best young loanees are already heading to top championship clubs. Fingers crossed we manage to get somebody of note.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1054 on: August 07, 2022, 01:18:16 PM »
Slightly off topic but it amazes me what Burnley and Watford have come down with compared to what we did.

We only really had Pereira that was sellable and we sold him cheap. Perhaps Johnstone but nobody would pay what we wanted.

Burnley have sold Collins, Pope and McNeil for over £50m and are looking likely to sell Cornet for £17.5m to West Ham. Watford have sold Hernandez and Masons for £12m and have Dennis, Sarr and Pedro who are probably collectively worth near £50m should they choose to sell. 

Even Forest who despite now seeming to be a little more haphazard, are likely to come down with some decent assets if they get relegated.

I've been like a broken record for a few years now, after every transfer window. There has been no legacy planning in our transfer business, meaning we have very little available to sell and restart the cycle. I often get replies saying its moaning, saying we should only focus on the here and now, saying how hard it is to sign players with potential etc, but other clubs manage it and do it a lot better than us.

Even this summer, we have made 3 signings, all of an age and with a career to date that makes it highly unlikely we will be able to make any money in the event of us failing to get promotion. Instead, we will be relying on a youth academy that we dont use (and can't retain players from any way) or hoping the few players we have with potential like Dike come good.

We should follow Dsn Ashworth's lead and sign atkeast 1 young player each window who is purely being brought in for the future, ala Dorrans, Dawson, Mulumbu etc.
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1055 on: August 07, 2022, 04:24:08 PM »
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Everton are set to sign Conor Coady, agreement in principle with Wolves - going to be a loan with buy clause also included as  @_pauljoyce
 reports 🔵 #EFC

Personal terms almost agreed, Coady wants the move. Details discussed while Onana will be announced as new Everton player soon.

Didn't realise he had fallen out of favour at the Dingles.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1056 on: August 07, 2022, 04:40:48 PM »
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Everton are set to sign Conor Coady, agreement in principle with Wolves - going to be a loan with buy clause also included as  @_pauljoyce
 reports 🔵 #EFC

Personal terms almost agreed, Coady wants the move. Details discussed while Onana will be announced as new Everton player soon. Everton, another PL club with more money than sense.

Didn't realise he had fallen out of favour at the Dingles.
Amused to read Everton in for Onana at £33 million. I saw quite a bit of him 2 years ago playing for Hamburger SV in the Bundesliga 2nd division. Basically just a squad player. Maybe worth £3 miillion at a push.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 04:44:59 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1057 on: August 07, 2022, 04:44:52 PM »
Amused to read Everton in for Onana at £33 million. I saw quite a bit of him 2 years ago playing for Hamburger SV in the Bundesliga 2nd division. Basically just a squad player. Maybe worth £3 miillion at a push.

Don't know anything about him at all Alex but Everton are another badly run club so wouldn't surprise me they pay over the odds.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1058 on: August 07, 2022, 05:07:57 PM »
Don't know anything about him at all Alex but Everton are another badly run club so wouldn't surprise me they pay over the odds.
Lampard raving a bit about him, but last summer Lille paid Hamburger SV around £6 million. Everton , another PL club with more money than sense. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1059 on: August 07, 2022, 07:09:45 PM »
John Percy just Tweeted

#nffc have agreed a fee of around £9m with Real Betis for left-back/left-winger Alex Moreno. Medical in next few days, set to be 13th summer signing. Forest working on other new additions before window closes

I have a horrible feeling, this isn’t going to go well for Forest, hope I’m wrong
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1060 on: August 07, 2022, 07:42:04 PM »
John Percy just Tweeted

#nffc have agreed a fee of around £9m with Real Betis for left-back/left-winger Alex Moreno. Medical in next few days, set to be 13th summer signing. Forest working on other new additions before window closes

I have a horrible feeling, this isn’t going to go well for Forest, hope I’m wrong
Its a bit of a slap in the face to the players who got Forest promoted. Of course they are going to reinforce certain positions, but 13 new signings is a complete new team. Notice they got beaten yesterday.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1061 on: August 07, 2022, 09:18:42 PM »
John Percy just Tweeted

Sorry I hope it goes terribly wrong for them. Horrid club

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1062 on: August 07, 2022, 10:08:50 PM »

Sorry I hope it goes terribly wrong for them. Horrid club

Why?

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1063 on: August 07, 2022, 10:28:24 PM »
Why?

They are this years villa. Now linked with Morgan Gibbs white for 40m. The game is mad. I always found Thier fans conceited, like the expect to be better than they are.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1064 on: August 08, 2022, 11:50:39 AM »
Fulham are set to sign Issa Diop on permanent deal from West Ham. Full agreement in place and new signing for Marco Silva. ⚪️⚫️ #FulhamFC

Fee will be around £15m package, as @JacobSteinberg reports. Diop will undergo medical tests soon. https://t.co/WmCLK2fhfk

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1065 on: August 10, 2022, 06:05:07 PM »
Bloody hell Leeds move quicker next time. We would have won if he hadn't played.

"Santi Aouna
@Santi_J_FM

🚨 Inf: Leeds and Watford are close to a verbal agreement for Ismaïla Sarr 🇸🇳 .

â–  Contract negotiations between the former Rennais and Leeds are also progressing.

â–  But his arrival in Leeds remains conditional on the departure of a player."

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1066 on: August 10, 2022, 06:12:22 PM »
Boro sign USA International Matthew Hoppe Joins From Mallorca. Official on a 4 year deal. Not a clue myself. Just know he's a striker.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1067 on: August 10, 2022, 06:13:20 PM »
Bloody hell Leeds move quicker next time. We would have won if he hadn't played.

"Santi Aouna
@Santi_J_FM

🚨 Inf: Leeds and Watford are close to a verbal agreement for Ismaïla Sarr 🇸🇳 .

â–  Contract negotiations between the former Rennais and Leeds are also progressing.

â–  But his arrival in Leeds remains conditional on the departure of a player."
Who might the departure be? A striker?

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1068 on: August 10, 2022, 06:15:10 PM »
Boro sign USA International Matthew Hoppe Joins From Mallorca. Official on a 4 year deal. Not a clue myself. Just know he's a striker.
Just hoppe for them they have more luck with American strikers than us!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1069 on: August 10, 2022, 06:20:01 PM »
Just hoppe for them they have more luck with American strikers than us!

I don't!! I hope they have worse luck they are a rival!

As for the Leeds news not a clue mate

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1070 on: August 10, 2022, 10:58:05 PM »
Another one for Forest it seems

"Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Nottingham Forest are now getting closer to signing Remo Freuler. Fee around €9m discussed with Atalanta and progressing to the final stages. 🚨🇨🇭 #NFFC

Freuler wants Nottingham Forest as priority."

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1071 on: August 10, 2022, 11:41:59 PM »
Hamza Choudhory has signed for Watford on a season long loan.

Good signing for them
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1072 on: August 11, 2022, 02:34:14 PM »
Ethan Laird sifgning for QPR on loan from Man U.   Is he a decent RB?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1073 on: August 11, 2022, 03:40:00 PM »
Nottingham Forest have made a £20m bid to Watford for Emmanuel Dennis.

The deal is almost sealed and could be complete by the weekend.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1074 on: August 11, 2022, 03:42:28 PM »
Nottingham Forest have made a £20m bid to Watford for Emmanuel Dennis.

The deal is almost sealed and could be complete by the weekend.

Looking at Watfords losses over the last few years i wondered how they could afford to keep that front 3. Inevitable that one has to go at least.