Author Topic: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)  (Read 153888 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)
« Reply #1025 on: August 02, 2022, 07:09:22 PM »
How did the scum get £15m for him?

Wasn't this the same as them stealing our prospects for £200k or had he signed something with them?

He had a professional contract, it was just expiring in a year and he wasn’t going to sign a new one

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1026 on: August 02, 2022, 07:20:44 PM »
Villa get Ireogbunam for Peanuts, the player he probably dislodged then moves on for £15m. Villa will be laughing, a crazy fee if true.

Ireogbunam didn’t displace him, Chukwuemeka is incredibly highly rated and probably Villa’s crown jewel.  He was also England’s top scorer at the Euro’s.

It is a joke that one goes for free and another for £15m though.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1027 on: August 02, 2022, 07:39:17 PM »
He had a professional contract, it was just expiring in a year and he wasn’t going to sign a new one

Thanks, that's why I was asking if he had signed something. I didn't know he had a pro contract.

£15m is a lot though for unproven talent. Hopefully they waste it like the greasy money.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1028 on: August 02, 2022, 08:38:35 PM »
Ireogbunam didn’t displace him, Chukwuemeka is incredibly highly rated and probably Villa’s crown jewel.  He was also England’s top scorer at the Euro’s.

I reckon he did in terms of opportunity. Part of the reason Carney is allegedly moving on is down to his feeling that he had had a lack of opportunities. There's no denying Villa have a number of academy kids to play in those positions, including the Ramsey brothers and now Ireogbunam. There is no way a premier league manager will play more than 1 young central midfielder at a time, so when they brought in Ireogbunam and started giving him game time  it cut down on the amount of opportunities Carney had to get minutes.

(Alert -I know this will be mocked before I say it, but); I tweeted similar in reply to a Villa journalist a couple of months ago and had a fairly high profile Villa academy kid like the tweet, which lends weight to the theory he probably wasn't that happy at having his path blocked indirectly.
Boing Boing

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1029 on: August 02, 2022, 09:25:46 PM »

id imagine that's a heavily broken down fee. They may get £1-2m now and the rest for certain goals met, doubt they'll see much of that money in the end.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1030 on: August 02, 2022, 09:27:52 PM »
I reckon he did in terms of opportunity. Part of the reason Carney is allegedly moving on is down to his feeling that he had had a lack of opportunities. There's no denying Villa have a number of academy kids to play in those positions, including the Ramsey brothers and now Ireogbunam. There is no way a premier league manager will play more than 1 young central midfielder at a time, so when they brought in Ireogbunam and started giving him game time  it cut down on the amount of opportunities Carney had to get minutes.

(Alert -I know this will be mocked before I say it, but); I tweeted similar in reply to a Villa journalist a couple of months ago and had a fairly high profile Villa academy kid like the tweet, which lends weight to the theory he probably wasn't that happy at having his path blocked indirectly.

I see what you mean now but neither got too much opportunity. CC was on the bench pretty much every week last season and played 12 times for a total of 294 minutes. TI was also on the bench for the second half of the season and got 3 appearances for 93 minutes. Being on the first team bench also seem to  mean youth minutes were affected. The minutes at Chelsea will likely be worse though.

He could sign and go out on loan. It’s what he will need to do at at Chelsea. For this reason I still think it’s probably about money.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1031 on: August 02, 2022, 09:28:32 PM »
id imagine that's a heavily broken down fee. They may get £1-2m now and the rest for certain goals met, doubt they'll see much of that money in the end.

Was reported as 15m guaranteed and another 5m in potential add ons. 20m in total max.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1032 on: August 02, 2022, 09:32:07 PM »
Twitter rumours are Carney has moved for 100k PW but no one respected has confirmed it that I can see yet.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1033 on: August 03, 2022, 02:33:13 AM »
The hierarchy in terms of English football clubs is pretty hard wired and for all their owners wealth and ambition Villa are a mid level Premier League Club. If a super league 6 club wants one of their players then the player will by and large want to go and the rest is just haggling about the price. With a young player of promise like Chukwuemeka there might be a counter argument about game time but when you consider that there might be as few as one place up for grabs in Central Midfield and as many as 7 players competing for it frankly that should cut very little ice with the player and hasn't.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1034 on: August 03, 2022, 01:22:53 PM »
I watched Chukwuemeka in the recent U-19 European cup victory.  It was very close until Iroegbunam was brought on.  He steadied the midfield defence and played some good passes out from there.  I think the Vile have made a good choice for a change.  Frustrating that we couldn't have held on to Tim
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1035 on: August 03, 2022, 07:02:35 PM »
𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐄: Kasper Schmeichel has signed for OGC Nice on a contract until June 2025. €1M + add ons.

I wasn’t expecting that to be honest
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1036 on: August 03, 2022, 07:04:52 PM »
𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐄: Kasper Schmeichel has signed for OGC Nice on a contract until June 2025. €1M + add ons.

Still a top keeper for me, don’t understand this move from his or Leicesters point of view. 

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1037 on: August 03, 2022, 07:37:20 PM »

He probably has as good a chance of being involved in European football with Nice. Lucien Favre is the new manager there, and I can see him building quite a useful outfit.

Probably makes it less likely Leicester will want to release their other keeper we were recently linked with.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1038 on: August 04, 2022, 10:46:08 AM »
Unusual for Chelsea, they must really rate him.

"@FabrizioRomano
Todd Boehly confirms that Carney Chukwuemeka will stay at Chelsea, no loan move: “He’s one of the most exciting young players in Europe, we are delighted to add such a talented young individual to our squad for the new season and beyond”. 🔵 #CFC"

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1039 on: August 04, 2022, 10:52:43 AM »
Unusual for Chelsea, they must really rate him.

"@FabrizioRomano
Todd Boehly confirms that Carney Chukwuemeka will stay at Chelsea, no loan move: “He’s one of the most exciting young players in Europe, we are delighted to add such a talented young individual to our squad for the new season and beyond”. 🔵 #CFC"

That's a shame, the meltdown at Seal Park would have been epic if we could have got him in on loan. Never mind at least we don't get to swell the coffers of Chelsea's human farming policies.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1040 on: August 04, 2022, 10:54:36 AM »
That's a shame, the meltdown at Seal Park would have been epic if we could have got him in on loan. Never mind at least we don't get to swell the coffers of Chelsea's human farming policies.

Never any chance he would come here sadly although anything that makes those bedwetters cry has to be attempted and supported.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1041 on: August 04, 2022, 11:52:14 AM »
Still a top keeper for me, don’t understand this move from his or Leicesters point of view.
Leicester seem to be or on the verge of selling a lot of their better players without as of yet having signed any replacements , strange goings on !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1042 on: August 04, 2022, 12:17:57 PM »
Sae a report suggestinf Forest are looking at signing number 13 - a striker with an unfortunate name from the Netherlands.

I thought they did some decent business early on and they probably have, but once again they are starting to look a bit scattergun. Old habits die hard.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1043 on: August 04, 2022, 12:25:56 PM »
Slightly surprised to see Lewis Bate go on loan to Oxford United. Leeds took him from Chelsea last summer in their big youth recruitment drive and at the time he was considered one of the top young midfielders in the country. With him turning 20 in a couple of months time, I thought he might end up in the championship, league 1 feels like a bit of a drop.
Boing Boing

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1044 on: August 04, 2022, 01:33:32 PM »
Leicester seem to be or on the verge of selling a lot of their better players without as of yet having signed any replacements , strange goings on !

You get the impression all is not well there. I suspect that money is tight following covid as no one was travelling and using King Power outlets. I think Rodgers days there are numbered as well...
MAGA!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1045 on: August 04, 2022, 02:11:09 PM »
Forest reported to be in for Che Adams from Southampton

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1046 on: August 04, 2022, 02:52:07 PM »
Slightly off topic but it amazes me what Burnley and Watford have come down with compared to what we did.

We only really had Pereira that was sellable and we sold him cheap. Perhaps Johnstone but nobody would pay what we wanted.

Burnley have sold Collins, Pope and McNeil for over £50m and are looking likely to sell Cornet for £17.5m to West Ham. Watford have sold Hernandez and Masons for £12m and have Dennis, Sarr and Pedro who are probably collectively worth near £50m should they choose to sell. 

Even Forest who despite now seeming to be a little more haphazard, are likely to come down with some decent assets if they get relegated.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 03:07:10 PM by johnny Cash »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1047 on: August 04, 2022, 05:55:50 PM »
Burnley have signed Manuel Benson from Antwerp.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1048 on: August 05, 2022, 12:36:37 PM »
Chelsea have signed Cucarella from Brighton for upto 63m!! according to the Athletic.

56m guaranteed and 7m in top ups.

Nuts

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1049 on: August 05, 2022, 01:29:28 PM »
Chelsea have signed Cucarella from Brighton for upto 63m!! according to the Athletic.

56m guaranteed and 7m in top ups.

Nuts

Just Confirmed by Chelsea FC Twitter Account

CLUB STATEMENT: MARC CUCURELLA.

Following reports from numerous media outlets this week, we can confirm an agreement has been reached with Brighton and Hove Albion for the signing of Marc Cucurella.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.