Author Topic: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)  (Read 153891 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)
« Reply #1000 on: July 27, 2022, 04:03:51 PM »
I do like McNeil from the games i've seen him play and those stats are very surprising. Maybe they betray his contributions a little.
I think you have to be careful with stats for a player like McNeil in a team like Burnley who didn’t play the most expansive of games
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1001 on: July 27, 2022, 06:21:31 PM »
I think you have to be careful with stats for a player like McNeil in a team like Burnley who didn’t play the most expansive of games

Romano just said the fee is upto 18m including add ons.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1002 on: July 28, 2022, 08:40:37 AM »
I’m not sure he’s that great to be honest - a glorified Lloyd Dyer.

Everton are in the dog muck here. Be amazed if Lampard lasts the season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1003 on: July 28, 2022, 09:00:17 AM »
As well as Everton I am intrigued by what’s happening at Leicester. An awful lot of players leaving or being strongly linked with moves away and yet from what I’ve seen and read very few front line players either joining or being linked with them .
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1004 on: July 28, 2022, 12:44:35 PM »
could be the kids aren't as enthusiastic anymore as Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1005 on: July 28, 2022, 10:02:15 PM »
Birmingham signing Bielik on loan from Derby. Good player at this level if stays fit

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1006 on: July 30, 2022, 07:43:19 AM »
John Percy Tweeted

Excl: Newcastle have made a £40m bid for #lcfc attacking midfielder James Maddison. Offer was submitted yesterday and turned down. Newcastle considering an improved offer #nufc

Read earlier Leicester are offering an improved contract to Maddison and this is probably the reason why.

But £50m could seal the deal
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1007 on: July 31, 2022, 01:55:42 PM »
Maddison is better than greasy Jack and if they get him for £50m they have got him cheaply in today's inflated market.

Let's hope our former Cov youth chief finds gems like him and Callum Wilson for us too soon.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1008 on: July 31, 2022, 05:49:11 PM »
Another one for Forest

"Nottingham Forest have completed their 12th signing of the window to take their summer transfer outlay to nearly £100million.

Forest announced the signing of midfielder Orel Mangala from VfB Stuttgart on Sunday in a deal worth £12.8m."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 05:50:49 PM by gazberg »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1009 on: August 01, 2022, 09:39:43 AM »
Tavernier to Bournemouth officially done and signed.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1010 on: August 01, 2022, 12:35:02 PM »
As good as Boro looked in the first half on Saturday I think their season could well depend on how well they spend the £26+ Million they have received in fees.
They definitely need a striker or two and as good as their fullbacks/wingbacks were I'm not sure what cover they have for them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1011 on: August 01, 2022, 12:59:01 PM »
As good as Boro looked in the first half on Saturday I think their season could well depend on how well they spend the £26+ Million they have received in fees.
They definitely need a striker or two and as good as their fullbacks/wingbacks were I'm not sure what cover they have for them.

Agree completely. I didnt realise how light their squad was until I heard one of their fans on a podcast.

It seems almost like last week one person predicted them to win the league based on two factors, Wilder and the money likely to be available to spend. That's gathered pace and now they seem to have become the trendy pick amongst many 'pundits' and  people on twitter.

They've got a really solid back 3 and wingbacks at this level -  Fry, Lenihan plus another, with Giles and Jones is probably as good as anything Wilder ever had in this division at Sheffield United and and its a great core for his style, but their midfield and strikers aren't going to win leagues and they don't have much depth.

I'd expect Gibson will allow Wilder to spend the best part of £20m though, and I wouldn't put it past him to allow even more given the money made. We could do with them misfiring on a few signings because if they add to that base well, they really will be strong.  We perhaps played them at a good time and they still could have been out of sight at half time.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1012 on: August 01, 2022, 01:44:40 PM »
Said it in the other forum, Boro's attack is really weak for what they are trying to achieve.

When the big lump Coburn came on for them in the second half i was delighted as he's terrible. Just a physical threat, nothing else.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1013 on: August 01, 2022, 02:35:45 PM »
We Can Sneaking Out

Fabio Silva moves to Anderlecht on loan two seasons after joining Wolves for £34m, this might be the development move the player needs to kick start a career that has faltered or Wolves shuffling the player out the door.

Sometimes life comes at you quickly. At 22 Matthijs de Ligt moved to Bayern Munich for the second £50m plus transfer of his career. It is hard to call him a flop but his time at Juventus hasn’t quite worked out and the club has taken a £10m loss on the deal. I suspect the German Champions stylistically will suit the young Dutchman a little more and he will go from strength to strength.

Meanwhile down in Catalonia

Barcelona is still a mess. The loan from 6th Street Investment might stabilise them but  having mortgaged the future they take the plunge and spend £40m on Robert Lewandowski plus a very big wage on a 4 year contract. While still haggling over the wages that they owe Frenkie de Jong.

They have also signed Jules Koundé having apparently matched Chelsea’s terms for the player. There was a question mark as to whether they can register Raphina and Lewandowski. I don't know where this leaves the former Sevilla Centre Back. It is an epic financial juggling act and I would laugh like a drain if it fell to pieces.

Cor Blimey Guvnor 

The rest of this post will be written in unintelligible Cockney Patios because West Ham have only gone and signed Gianluca Scamacca from Sassuolo for £34m. Now that is an eye watering amount of money for a 23 year old who really only came to prominence last season but he looks a talent and West Ham need a Centre Forward. I think this might be quite a smart bit of business.

Championship Corner

The market seems to be heating up. Loans are starting to become more prominent. The green eyed monster has barely stirred this window but a couple of right backs have moved and I kind of like Smallbone, Parrott and Bielek (If he can stay fit) but it has only opened half an eye.

Loans

Rhys Williams Liverpool to Blackpool
Jamie Shackleton Leeds To Millwall
Zack Steffen Man City to ‘Boro
Tino Anjorin Chelsea to Huddersfield
Taylor Richards Brighton to QPR
Will Smallbone Southampton to Stoke
Grant Hall ‘Boro to Rotherham
Troy Parrott Spurs to Preston
Reda Khadra Brighton to Sheffield United
Krystian Bielik Derby to Birmingham
Álvaro Fernandez Man United to Preston
Mamadou Loum Porto to Reading
Scott High Huddersfield to Rotherham
Theo Corbeanu Wolves to Blackpool
Jaden Philogene-Bidace Villa to Cardiff

Frees

Benjamin Tetteh Yeni Malatyaspor to Hull City
Ben Harmer Swansea to Watford
Sam Hutchinson Sheffield Wednesday to Reading
Ryan Nyambe Blackburn to Wigan
Dwight Gayle Newcastle to Stoke
Tommy Smith Stoke to ‘Boro
Lee Peltier ‘Boro to Rotherham
Mario Gaspar Villarreal to Watford

Fees

Callum Brittain Barnsley to Blackburn £1m
Arijanet Muric Man City to Burnley £2.7m
Dominic Thompson Brentford to Blackpool £0.5m
Alex Bass Portsmouth to Sunderland
Marcus Forss Brentford to ‘Boro £3.25m
Vitinho Cercle Brugge to Burnley £0.9m
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 01:34:54 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1014 on: August 01, 2022, 04:33:05 PM »
We Can Sneaking Out

Fabio Silva moves to Anderlecht on loan two seasons after joining Wolves for £34m, this might be the development move the player needs to kick start a career that has faltered or Wolves shuffling the player out the door.

Sometimes life comes at you quickly. At 22 Matthijs de Ligt moved to Bayern Munich for the second £50m plus transfer of his career. It is hard to call him a flop but his time at Juventus hasn’t quite worked out and the club has taken a £10m loss on the deal. I suspect the German Champions stylistically will suit the young Dutchman a little more and he will go from strength to strength.

Meanwhile down in Catalonia

Barcelona is still a mess. The loan from 6th Street Investment might stabilise them but  having mortgaged the future they take the plunge and spend £40m on Robert Lewandowski plus a very big wage on a 4 year contract. While still haggling over the wages that they owe Frenkie de Jong.

They have also signed Jules Koundé having apparently matched Chelsea’s terms for the player. There was a question mark as to whether they can register Raphina and Lewandowski. I don't know where this leaves the former Sevilla Centre Back. It is an epic financial juggling act and I would laugh like a drain if it fell to pieces.

Cor Blimey Guvnor 

The rest of this post will be written in unintelligible Cockney Patios because West Ham have only gone and signed Gianluca Scamacca from Sassuolo for £34m. Now that is an eye watering amount of money for a 23 year old who really only came to prominence last season but he looks a talent and West Ham need a Centre Forward. I think this might be quite a smart bit of business.

Championship Corner

The market seems to be heating up. Loans are starting to become more prominent. The green eyed has barely stirred this window but a couple of right backs have moved and I kind of like Smallbone, Parrott and Bielek (If he can stay fit) but it has only opened half an eye.

Loans

Rhys Williams Liverpool to Blackpool
Jamie Shackleton Leeds To Millwall
Zack Steffen Man City to ‘Boro
Tino Anjorin Chelsea to Huddersfield
Taylor Richards Brighton to QPR
Will Smallbone Southampton to Stoke
Grant Hall ‘Boro to Rotherham
Troy Parrott Spurs to Preston
Reda Khadra Brighton to Sheffield United
Krystian Bielik Derby to Birmingham
Álvaro Fernandez Man United to Preston
Mamadou Loum Porto to Reading
Scott High Huddersfield to Rotherham
Theo Corbeanu Wolves to Blackpool
Jaden Philogene-Bidace Villa to Cardiff

Frees

Benjamin Tetteh Yeni Malatyaspor to Hull City
Ben Harmer Swansea to Watford
Sam Hutchinson Sheffield Wednesday to Reading
Ryan Nyambe Blackburn to Wigan
Dwight Gayle Newcastle to Stoke
Tommy Smith Stoke to ‘Boro
Mario Gaspar Villarreal to Watford

Fees

Callum Brittain Barnsley to Blackburn £1m
Arijanet Muric Man City to Burnley £2.7m
Dominic Thompson Brentford to Blackpool £0.5m
Alex Bass Portsmouth to Sunderland
Marcus Forss Brentford to ‘Boro £3.25m
Vitinho Cercle Brugge to Burnley £0.9m

Thanks for that.

I didn't know the Lewandowski fee was £40m on a 4 year contract. Absolutely crazy.

Same with the Forss fee, I thought it was a free. Hopefully, Wilder's shidas touch with forwards continues.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1015 on: August 02, 2022, 04:40:30 PM »
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Manchester City have completed full agreement with Sheffield United for James McAtee season-long loan. 🔵🤝 #MCFC

Sheffield set to announce McAtee as new signing this week.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1016 on: August 02, 2022, 04:54:59 PM »
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Manchester City have completed full agreement with Sheffield United for James McAtee season-long loan. 🔵🤝 #MCFC

Sheffield set to announce McAtee as new signing this week.

On paper and reputation, McAtee and Doyle are two of the best young premier league loans that were likely to be available. At least one of those should have been on our radar to help us give Swift a break or cope without him.  Man City's U23's could have big impact on the league this year.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1017 on: August 02, 2022, 05:39:00 PM »
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Official. Chelsea have reached an agreement for permanent transfer of Carney Chukwuemeka! Done deal just completed. 🚨🔵 #CFC

“The 18-year-old has been given permission to travel to London to discuss both personal terms and undergo a medical”, statement confirms.

EDIT - 15m basic fee, 6 year deal,
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 05:51:21 PM by gazberg »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1018 on: August 02, 2022, 05:40:10 PM »
On paper and reputation, McAtee and Doyle are two of the best young premier league loans that were likely to be available. At least one of those should have been on our radar to help us give Swift a break or cope without him.  Man City's U23's could have big impact on the league this year.

We will have to wait and see i guess. Many PL big boys from the u23s come and do little or nothing special at least. As for being on our radar most of these kind of players don't seem to fit Bruces experience requirements
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 05:43:31 PM by gazberg »

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1019 on: August 02, 2022, 05:57:42 PM »
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Official. Chelsea have reached an agreement for permanent transfer of Carney Chukwuemeka! Done deal just completed. 🚨🔵 #CFC

“The 18-year-old has been given permission to travel to London to discuss both personal terms and undergo a medical”, statement confirms.

Shame. Was hoping he would somewhere for free next year.

bosh

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1020 on: August 02, 2022, 05:57:48 PM »
Would it be cheeky to see if Chelsea will loan him out? I'm sure they would just to give him experience. Also the thought of the seals faces would be something to relish.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1021 on: August 02, 2022, 06:30:22 PM »
Would it be cheeky to see if Chelsea will loan him out? I'm sure they would just to give him experience. Also the thought of the seals faces would be something to relish.

He's definitely getting loaned out but can't see him here.

Vitesse Arnhem usually for Chelsea i think.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1022 on: August 02, 2022, 06:48:12 PM »
But we’m a massive club ay we, won the European Cup!

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1023 on: August 02, 2022, 07:07:49 PM »
Villa get Ireogbunam for Peanuts, the player he probably dislodged then moves on for £15m. Villa will be laughing, a crazy fee if true.
Boing Boing

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1024 on: August 02, 2022, 07:08:42 PM »
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano

How did the scum get £15m for him?

Wasn't this the same as them stealing our prospects for £200k or had he signed something with them?