Author Topic: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)  (Read 153891 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)
« Reply #775 on: February 01, 2022, 01:24:58 PM »
Fair play then. Could be a genuine asset. Technically gifted. Should, and I stress should, give a much better showing than Joey 'best player in the division' Barton did anyway (cue Liam breaking out in hives  ;D ).

I had erased that particular era from the memory bank.

Tbh, I tend to erase most of my life from the memory bank at the moment  ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #776 on: May 11, 2022, 05:37:08 PM »
And so it begins. The first big move of the summer Haarland to Man City for the release clause of around €60m which seems really low considering his record and given Man City spent over a £100m on a back up to Phil Foden. However those "close to the deal" confirm at least as much is going to the agent and the player's father.

So let's call the fee what it is €120m. That is a hell of a lot of money and not quiet the bargain City fans are crowing about on social media. He will of course just slot into the Man City machine (no he doesn't equal x goals) but will no doubt score 20 plus goals but I doubt that they will be goals that City wouldn't have scored without him.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

bosh

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #777 on: May 11, 2022, 06:37:48 PM »
Taken from the telegraph.

£64 fee mentioned as the release clause.

"Haaland, 21, is expected to put pen to paper on a five-year contract worth around £107million, including signing-on bonuses. It is understood the overall cost of the deal could reach £213million once sums to agents, representatives and other assorted fees worth up to £42million are factored in."

Not a bad business to be involved in.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #778 on: May 11, 2022, 07:21:54 PM »
Taken from the telegraph.

£64 fee mentioned as the release clause.

"Haaland, 21, is expected to put pen to paper on a five-year contract worth around £107million, including signing-on bonuses. It is understood the overall cost of the deal could reach £213million once sums to agents, representatives and other assorted fees worth up to £42million are factored in."

Not a bad business to be involved in.

I think even the Baggies could afford this fee, not the rest of it though  :D
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #779 on: May 11, 2022, 08:05:58 PM »
I guess the big thing for City is, will Haaland increase their threat and get out of jail ability in the elite games where they may have spells when they are not controlling things as much as they usually do i.e. prem top 2 or 3 or champions league knockouts.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #780 on: May 11, 2022, 08:50:10 PM »
He is an absolute beast because of his size and power. But seems to get injured a lot.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #781 on: May 11, 2022, 09:53:05 PM »
The injuries could just be down to youth and size . He has to grow into that body yet
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #782 on: May 22, 2022, 04:21:47 PM »
"Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Boubacar Kamara to Aston Villa, done deal. Full agreement reached on a five year deal, valid until June 2027. Medical, official signature & club statement pending. 🚨🇫🇷 #AVFC

Steven Gerrard was key to explain the project and get the green light from Kamara on a free transfer."

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #783 on: May 23, 2022, 03:43:40 PM »
Everton trying to persuade Tarkowski to go to them and not Villa according to Percy

"John Percy Retweeted
Telegraph Football
Exclusive: Everton make move to try to beat Aston Villa to signing of James Tarkowski / @Matt_Law_DT& @JPercyTelegraph report"

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #784 on: May 23, 2022, 09:11:42 PM »
One of Burnleys better players maxwel Cornet is rumured to have 17.5m release clause. Can see him being snapped up at that price.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #785 on: May 23, 2022, 09:19:56 PM »
"Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Boubacar Kamara to Aston Villa, done deal. Full agreement reached on a five year deal, valid until June 2027. Medical, official signature & club statement pending. 🚨🇫🇷 #AVFC

Steven Gerrard was key to explain the project and get the green light from Kamara on a free transfer."

Listening to villa fans today on wm they think they have won the league with this signing. I’ve never heard of him but villa fans going mad

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #786 on: May 23, 2022, 09:59:34 PM »
Our friends in Witton are an excitable bunch and generally I take great pleasure in mocking them. However I think the signing Boubacar Kamara is a genuine coupe for Villa. He is young and possibly the best DM in Ligue 1. I am genuinely surprised that somebody further up the food chain hasn't snapped him up,  quite easily a Champions League level talent.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #787 on: May 23, 2022, 10:49:38 PM »
I guess the big thing for City is, will Haaland increase their threat and get out of jail ability in the elite games where they may have spells when they are not controlling things as much as they usually do i.e. prem top 2 or 3 or champions league knockouts.

Bit late to the Haaland convo but from what I’ve seen of him the closest comparison in the league is Lukaku. He will get goals as anyone playing up front for city should, but I don’t think he’s a typical guardiola player. He’s very untidy, has a loose first touch and is still very raw. I think he’s going to frustrate a lot and he may not be the instant 20 goal a season striker many think he is.

City signed another highly rated young striker in Jan who stayed on loan in Argentina though and between the two you’d think they will add a lot more goals.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #788 on: May 24, 2022, 10:26:58 AM »
Our friends in Witton........

Speak for yourself. And once you've finished apply a thick lather of carbolic to your tongue and scrub vigorously with a harsh brush. You're welcome  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #789 on: May 24, 2022, 03:11:24 PM »
Bit late to the Haaland convo but from what I’ve seen of him the closest comparison in the league is Lukaku. He will get goals as anyone playing up front for city should, but I don’t think he’s a typical guardiola player. He’s very untidy, has a loose first touch and is still very raw. I think he’s going to frustrate a lot and he may not be the instant 20 goal a season striker many think he is.
I think City fans will idolise Haaland, as he gives them raw physicality which is not so typical for their forwards. But he seems to get injured a lot.
Seems a generous bloke as he bought Rolexes as a parting gift for all the Borussia Dortmund players and staff.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #790 on: May 24, 2022, 03:16:32 PM »
I think City fans will idolise Haaland, as he gives them raw physicality which is not so typical for their forwards. But he seems to get injured a lot.
Seems a generous bloke as he bought Rolexes as a parting gift for all the Borussia Dortmund players and staff.

For 33 players and 20 behind the scenes members of staff, all personalised. Can you see a Rolex sponsorship deal on the horizon? He'd definitely get one if I were his agent  ;D .

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #791 on: May 30, 2022, 08:53:06 PM »
Ivan Perisic has passed his Tottenham medical and signed his contract. Everything is complete. “Here we go”.

(Source: @FabrizioRomano)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #792 on: May 30, 2022, 09:16:19 PM »
Romelu Lukaku’s lawyer will be in Milan tomorrow to meet with #Inter.

[via @FBiasin]
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #793 on: May 30, 2022, 09:53:49 PM »
Peresic is 33 now. Feels a bit old to be moving to the English top flight knowing how we play the game. Always liked him and felt he could have been a great player but surely he is arriving too late now to be a big success. Happy to be mistaken.
Boing Boing

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #794 on: May 30, 2022, 11:10:44 PM »
Robert Lewandowski announces he wants out of the final year of his contract at Bayern Munich. Even at 33 that should spark a scramble for his services. Posted that here 'cause he ay comin'. Well...... I doubt it anyway.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #795 on: May 30, 2022, 11:13:10 PM »
Robert Lewandowski announces he wants out of the final year of his contract at Bayern Munich. Even at 33 that should spark a scramble for his services. Posted that here 'cause he ay comin'. Well...... I doubt it anyway.
Although….if we could get him to visit the Vine ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #796 on: May 30, 2022, 11:14:46 PM »
Although….if we could get him to visit the Vine ?

He definitely wouldn't want to stay if he had the balti.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #797 on: June 01, 2022, 01:56:50 PM »
The annual transfer merry-go-round is underway. I will write a few posts the frequency of which will increase as the window progresses.

I expect the trends of the last few years will continue. The rich (Premier League clubs plus those with Champions League Football) will continue to spend money like drunken sailors on shore leave and like said marinated mariners will in many instances largely waste their money. They will overpay to pick up players that don’t fit their tactical profile and at the same time unload last season’s mistakes.

England’s Dreaming

The one deal everybody wanted has landed in the Premier League.

May has just not finished and the most expensive and significant deal might have already been completed, Erling Haaland from Dortmund to Man City for a reported fee in the region of £67m which may be matched by fees to various agents. Bolting on the phenomenal scoring talents of the young Norwegian to the Man City machine would if you listened to the more excitable pundits leaves everybody else chasing runners up in any competition City enter. Football does not work like that.

Georgia’s On My mind

There aren’t too many Georgian footballers that have graced the Premier League I can only think of 2, Temur Ketsbaia and Georgi Kinkladze (not strictly true I remembered the bald bloke that played for Newcastle who wrecked an advertising hoarding in a goal celebration (Ketsbaia) and wondered if Kinkadze was Georgian turns out he was). It’s not a nation that has a rich seam of talent. 

When Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (genuine Georgian wonderkid) got transferred from Rubin Kazan to Dinamo Batumi for £7m in March this being a Georgian record transfer (Georgian transfer fees are normally measured in Goats) one might have smelt a small rodent. When same player gets transferred to Napoli for £9m less than 2 months later one might just wonder if everything is above board (you know with sanctions and things like that)

Let’s Talk about the Seals

Because they have been clapping their flippers and blowing their trumpet in a desperate attempt to get our attention. They have been the busiest of the Premier League clubs with 3 confirmed incoming deals. 

They have completed the Coutinho deal which was part of the loan deal. To be fair he has played regularly but the output wasn’t stellar quite what that is worth going forward really not sure. . They have landed  Boubacar Kamara from Marseille, one of the best free agents that have come to market this window and probably one of the best young DM’s in Europe.

Then there is Diego Carlos from Sevilla for £27m. There is no doubting his quality but at 29 this is late in a career to be moving leagues. Villa have a lot of Centre Halves however, well a lot of players in general. There are layers of players who have been bought and replaced without well actually leaving the club. Wesley is still on their books and he has been replaced by Watkins and Ings (except Ings didn’t actually replace Watkins but nor did he really work with him either)

Villa keep winning the transfer window while loitering in the bottom half of the league.

Red Bull Gives you wings

I know I am supposed to hate all things Red Bull (Salzberg/Leipzig) but you have to marvel at how they develop talent and populate the top five leagues. They are at it again. Dortmund returned to RB Salzberg to buy Centre Forward Karim Adeyemi for a fee of £27m.  Leeds United have swooped for young American attacking midfielder Brenden Aaronson for £25m.

Meanwhile in Paris…

PSG have spent the GDP of a small African nation to secure the services of Mbappe but still have a few euros left over to make Nuno Mendes move from Sporting permanent for £36m. Whatever boys stroll to the Ligue 1 title lose in the quarter finals of the Champions League rinse and repeat.

So it begins…

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #798 on: June 01, 2022, 07:54:53 PM »
Done Deal!

vile announcement

Aston Villa is delighted to confirm the transfer of Diego Carlos from Sevilla FC for an undisclosed fee!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #799 on: June 01, 2022, 10:37:33 PM »
Pogba and Lingard are leaving United, apparently.

Lingard is asking for £150k p/w, which is ridiculous

He/him