Author Topic: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)  (Read 153895 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)
« Reply #600 on: August 16, 2021, 08:40:50 AM »
Born in the USA

Josh Sargeant becomes the highest profile of the young Americans to move this window. The Centre Forward joins Norwich from relegated Werder Bremen for a fee in the region of £8m

Sargent’s career path is being pursued by a growing number of players who have started life in the MLS academy system (confusingly it runs alongside a traditional collegiate recruitment system) This window Sam Vine has joined Royal Antwerp and Serie A newcomers Venezia have hired central midfielders Tanner Tresmann and Gianluca Busio. Elsewhere in Italy Roma have picked up young right back Bryan Reynolds for £6m from FC Dallas

Ten Years After..

his first arrival there as a teenager Lukaku returned to Stamford Bridge. Nothing highlights the total insanity of the transfer market and how big clubs approach it than this sequence of events

2011 Chelsea bought Lukaku  for £13m which was a chunky fee for the teenager. In the same window Augerro joins City for just over £30m and Cavanni moved for about £10m

2012 After not doing much with him 2011 Chelsea loan him to WBA where he scored 17 goals outscoring any Chelsea player

2013 Chelsea loan him out to Everton where he again outscores every Chelsea player

2014 Chelsea sell him to Everton for £31m they don’t put a buy back clause in the deal

2017 After 4 seasons of abusing Premier League defences at Everton Lukaku moves to Man United for £76m. Chelsea are rumoured to be interested but don’t follow through.

2019 Having never really settled at United he moves on to Inter for £66m to join Conte the manager that apparently wanted him to return to Chelsea.

2021 Now at 28 he returns to Chelsea who pay £100m for the privilege
In a word madness. Lukaku is one of the top strikers in Europe but has been for the better part of half a decade he wanted to be at Chelsea. They had him in the building and he outscored their players on loan at lesser clubs. Now they spend a fortune for the last few peak seasons.

Inter have spent some of the money they generated from the sale of Lukaku and brought in Denzel Dumfries from PSV and filled the gap left by Lukaku with Edin Dzeko from Roma on a free. It looks likely that Roma in turn will buy Tammy Abraham.

Roma seem to be backing Mourinho (with money they haven’t got) they have also completed a deal for right back  Matías Viña for £11m from Palmeries.

In Germany the players continue to leave relegated Werder Bremen Ludwig Augustinsson being the latest, joining Sevilla for a bit over £4m. It makes you wonder with all these desirable players, how did they end up being relegated? 

Premier League

Southampton hired Adam Armstrong as a replacement for Danny Ings from Blackburn for £16m and brought in Armando Broja from Chelsea on loan. Still only 19 Broja has a season in the Eredivisie might be quite an astute signing for the Saints. 

Axel Tuanzebe joined Villa on loan for a third time come on guys make up your minds.

Yoane Wissa £9m to Brentford from Lorien for £9m another signing that will work for them longer term regardless of which division they find themselves in May

Joe Willock Central Midfield £26m goes back to Newcastle made them a whole lot better last season, a key signature going forward.

Jannik Vestergaard 29 Centre Back £15m from Southampton an emergency signing following the injury Forfana which is likely to keep him out for the season..

Championship Corner

The Ravel Morrison odyssey has landed at Derby which is totally on brand for both parties.

Forest have picked up Right Winger Philip Zinckernagel on loan from Watford.

Swansea have bought in some much needed reinforcement in the shape of Flynn Downes from Ipswich.

Cardiff pick up veteran winger Marley from Bristol City on a free

Leo Östigard on loan from Brighton a good pick up following a good season at Coventry

Coventry in effect replace Ostigard with Chelsea’ s Jake Clarke-Salter who at 23 probably needs a permanent home

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 08:54:07 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #601 on: August 16, 2021, 11:57:26 AM »
Lukaku was loved here yet mocked by Chelsea and Man Utd fans we would have happily took Big Rom can't wait to see him rip up the league to stop the critics and make us Baggies Fans Proud we had him.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #602 on: August 16, 2021, 12:04:25 PM »
Lukaku was loved here yet mocked by Chelsea and Man Utd fans we would have happily took Big Rom can't wait to see him rip up the league to stop the critics and make us Baggies Fans Proud we had him.
I lost every bit of respect I had for Lukaku when he came up here for United, Fellaini scored and Lukaku jumped on his back celebrating and fist pumping in front of us in the SME, no need
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #603 on: August 16, 2021, 12:23:05 PM »
I lost every bit of respect I had for Lukaku when he came up here for United, Fellaini scored and Lukaku jumped on his back celebrating and fist pumping in front of us in the SME, no need
He probably did it in front of United Fans he was still probably thankful to us we got him to Utd and now all of this if we had not took a chance he might be nowhere.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #604 on: August 16, 2021, 01:15:57 PM »
He probably did it in front of United Fans he was still probably thankful to us we got him to Utd and now all of this if we had not took a chance he might be nowhere.
It was in front of our fans mate, I remember it well as I sit in the Smethwick, im all for celebrating but sh!thousing in front of our fans when it wasnt even him who scored was uncalled for if you ask me
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #605 on: August 16, 2021, 02:52:16 PM »
It was in front of our fans mate, I remember it well as I sit in the Smethwick, im all for celebrating but sh!thousing in front of our fans when it wasnt even him who scored was uncalled for if you ask me

Professional footballer in celebrating team mate's goal shocker.... it was hardly Steve Bull or Jamie Vardy territory. I have no issues with former players celebrating their own goals either. Might change if one did a full length of the pitch run and knee slide like Adebayor though mind.....
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #606 on: August 16, 2021, 04:34:28 PM »
Fulham sign Rodrigo Muniz from Flamengo for 8m euro according to Romano. Who is he and is he any good?

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #607 on: August 16, 2021, 04:40:11 PM »
Sheff Utd take Ben Davies on season loan from Liverpool. Just our luck it will be in time for Wednesday.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #608 on: August 16, 2021, 05:22:46 PM »
Shefd Utd also looking at Diallo on loan from United. They could be way too good for this division by the end of the month.
Boing Boing

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #609 on: August 16, 2021, 05:43:31 PM »
Shefd Utd also looking at Diallo on loan from United. They could be way too good for this division by the end of the month.

Christ they get him & keep Berge them & Fulham will be head and shoulders above every other team in the division.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #610 on: August 19, 2021, 08:46:00 AM »
Morgan Rogers moving to Bournemouth on loan with rumours of an obligation to buy for £9m. If past reports are correct, we should make a bit of money off it.

The cherries are also expected to complete a second signing tomorrow as well, notnsire who. Spending the Danjuma money.
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #611 on: August 19, 2021, 09:53:20 AM »
Morgan Rogers moving to Bournemouth on loan with rumours of an obligation to buy for £9m. If past reports are correct, we should make a bit of money off it.

The cherries are also expected to complete a second signing tomorrow as well, notnsire who. Spending the Danjuma money.

I believe that signing is Gary Cahill who is at Bournemouth for a medical today apparently.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #612 on: August 19, 2021, 10:14:25 AM »
Watford have signed Tufan, done deal.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #613 on: August 19, 2021, 10:31:59 AM »

When there was rumours of Rogers being valued £7m I did wonder if it would be worth us going in and offering to give them the £4m back they gave us, which net of any sell on would probably have been quite similar for city. At £9m the Math's don't really work though. 

He did quite well at Lincoln for his first steps in to a first team.  Overpriced right now at £9m but could be a really good player for Bournemouth and could look well spent in a year or too.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #614 on: August 19, 2021, 12:19:41 PM »
Watford have signed Tufan, done deal.
A Turkish international. As he's a midfielder looks like they've chosen not to take Okay, meaning we may still be in with a chance of signing him.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #615 on: August 19, 2021, 02:29:58 PM »
A Turkish international. As he's a midfielder looks like they've chosen not to take Okay, meaning we may still be in with a chance of signing him.

Just don't see where Okay fits in this team. Not a knock on his ability at all. Streets ahead of Livermore but can he do the intense style of play VI wants?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #616 on: August 19, 2021, 02:37:18 PM »
Just don't see where Okay fits in this team. Not a knock on his ability at all. Streets ahead of Livermore but can he do the intense style of play VI wants?

We've currently got Livermore as a crucial starting player. YokuÅŸlu could play that role to a far higher standard. I don't think we'll sign him though, he's too good for the Championship.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #617 on: August 19, 2021, 02:53:52 PM »
I'm definitely not suggesting keep Livermore as a starter, a new CF and box to box CM are crucial.

Yokuslu strikes me as a player who wouldn't be best suited to this system.  Agreed he won't come here if he gets a PL offer but who is left now Watford have got their DCM in?  Wolves i think are the only team left who were rumoured to be interested. They have also just sold one of their CM for 3.5m so they remain a possibility for him i guess.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #618 on: August 19, 2021, 03:05:15 PM »
all he has to do is tackle and harass (something he’s very good at) and boot it to a forward as fast a possible, he’s more than capable of that.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #619 on: August 19, 2021, 03:08:46 PM »
all he has to do is tackle and harass (something he’s very good at) and boot it to a forward as fast a possible, he’s more than capable of that.

While i don't disagree with anything you said and he's good at the above he needs to be doing it at a lot higher speed/intensity than he is used too though. Just doesn't strike me as the manic type.

It's quite clear as well if it doesn't suit him then he will be bombed out like Sawyers and Zohore but i think most of us would agree they were the 2 that were never going to suitable for this manager.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #620 on: August 19, 2021, 03:11:49 PM »
I think Yokuslu is tailor made for this midfield. Big, strong has presence, can tackle, head, get the ball forward. Absolutely ideal.

It's a possession based team he would struggle in more unless he sat at the base of a 3 man CM.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #621 on: August 19, 2021, 03:12:22 PM »

While i don't disagree with anything you said and he's good at the above he needs to be doing it at a lot higher speed/intensity than he is used too though. Just doesn't strike me as the manic type.

It's quite clear as well if it doesn't suit him then he will be bombed out like Sawyers and Zohore but i think most of us would agree they were the 2 that were never going to suitable for this manager.

It doesn't suit Livermore, but we're mending and making do. If we could get a better tactical fit than YokuÅŸlu I'd be all for it, but let's not suggest he wouldn't be a massive upgrade in this system/role on Livermore.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #622 on: August 19, 2021, 03:14:57 PM »
It doesn't suit Livermore, but we're mending and making do. If we could get a better tactical fit than YokuÅŸlu I'd be all for it, but let's not suggest he wouldn't be a massive upgrade in this system/role on Livermore.

It suits Livermore in that he's got a good engine and can do end to end running if not play decent football. Easier to get physically fit enough to play this system than become a good footballer at 31 years old granted.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #623 on: August 20, 2021, 05:13:11 PM »
Ramsdale to Arsenal done apparently.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #624 on: August 23, 2021, 08:31:32 AM »
This is the End

Last week marked the beginning of the end.  There were two weeks to go in the window. This is when the market gets serious, decisions from players and clubs can no longer be delayed and then not much happens which suggests the next week will be frantic.

Premier League is having a laugh

While not much happened the deals that went through highlighted the gulf between the haves and have nots

Ozan Tufan joins Watford on loan from Fenerbahce taking their squad to a ridiculously bloated 34 players. I think they might be letting one or two go between now and the end of the window. 

Arsenal bought Ramsdale for £24m and Odegaard for £31m hate the former and like the latter but in the context of what Arsenal have done across the window it seems impossible to spend over £100m on players and still not be where you need to be. How do you do that?

Championship Corner (aka Bleak House) 

Swansea picked up the promising Right Back  Ethan Laird on loan from Man United.

Ben Davis joins Sheffield United from Liverpool on loan.

Derby signed Phil Jagalka and Sam Baldock on frees; hopefully Wayne won’t break these on the training ground.

Veteran free agent Tom Huddlestone rejoins Hull City

Junior Hoillet has joined Reading on a free.

James Garner has joined Notts Forest on a season long loan.

Gary Cahill joined Bournemouth on a free in a week where the South Coast club sold  Arnaut Danjuma for £21m to Villareal. Across the last two windows Bournemouth have received £108m in fees and spent zero on fees.

Fulham are the only club spending money buying young Brazilian Centre Forward Rodrigo Munez for £7m. Not sure what the plan is for the player given Mitrovic will get the bulk of the minutes.

This window Championship clubs have spent £34m in total, Fulham have accounted for 55% of that spend.

Elsewhere in Europe

Tammy Abraham joins Roma from Chelsea for £36m. They really are betting the house on Mourinho. This has the Champions League or bust written all over it. 

Defensive midfielder Baptiste Santamaria, a long term favourite of the analytics community, returns to France joining  Stade Rennais who thanks to their ownership are able to buck the trend in French football.

Juve have somehow managed to persuade Sassuolo to part with Manuel Locatelli on loan for two years with an obligation to buy.

The annual Michy Batshuayi farce continues, his next stop is Besiktas and another Chelsea player, Emerson leaves on loan to Lyon. 

Rafa Mir leaves Wolves and joins Sevilla for £14m which is eye-catching given a fairly nondescript career at Wolves. Was on loan in La Liga with minnows Huesca last season and despite their relegation must have created a favourable impression.

Luca Waldschmidt joins Wolfsburg from Benefica for £3m less than he was sold for the previous summer when he joined the Portuguese club from Freiburg.

Overall not much happened which means either the window will peter out or the next week or so is going to be manic.     
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.