0 (0%)
Jordan Hugill
1 (3.8%)
Adam Reach
1 (3.8%)
Matt Phillips
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: 26 Nov 2021 Albion 0 Nottingham Forest 0  (Read 25113 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #400 on: November 27, 2021, 05:29:35 PM »
Abysmal. Don’t think we ever looked close to winning that game. Just another abysmal performance to add to the growing list.

Fair play to them for the last 20 minutes or so as thought we defended excellently. Utter brain dead decision from Molumby however.

As for that Hugill chance - I have no words.
Your last paragraph negates your first. Apart from that we looked the only winners when it was 11 v 11. The only time we came under any real pressure was when we were down to ten in the last few minutes in difficult conditions !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #401 on: November 27, 2021, 05:59:36 PM »
Your last paragraph negates your first. Apart from that we looked the only winners when it was 11 v 11. The only time we came under any real pressure was when we were down to ten in the last few minutes in difficult conditions !

You’re playing semantics - it doesn’t. Yes, we fashioned a chance at the end of the game but I don’t think over the course of the game we did enough to win it - I certainly was not at the game yesterday expecting a goal to come for either side. Both had bits of possession but did nothing with it.  It was very ordinary, lacking in quality and short of composure.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #402 on: November 27, 2021, 06:32:03 PM »
This reminds me of the mid part of the 2003/4 season where Megsons 3-5-2 formation clearly wasnt working and he was eventually forced into a change, sides below us hardly beat us but we struggled to beat them resulting in frustrating draws or late winners by the opposition.

The difference was we had Lloyd Dyer (who came in from nowhere) and we brought in The Horse.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #403 on: November 29, 2021, 11:58:51 AM »
22,424 the attendance.

It goes on tickets sold rather than how many actually attend.

There is no way there were 20,400 fans in the home areas.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #404 on: November 29, 2021, 12:49:13 PM »
22,424 the attendance.

It goes on tickets sold rather than how many actually attend.

There is no way there were 20,400 fans in the home areas.

Agreed.It felt like a total attendance of around 18 to 19000 to me

WBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #405 on: December 03, 2021, 01:05:54 AM »
For a system built around crossing we put probably two decent balls in the box all nigh
Molumby, absolutely brainless.

Diangana, Grant and Robinson are three versions of the same bang average player.

Jordan Hugill is on spice, he must be.

At least we're solid at the back, a half competent centre forward and we'd be up there with Bournemouth and Fulham. So frustrating.

Hugill has scored most of his career goals getting on the end of crosses which are pretty non existent at the moment.

Diangana, Grant and Robinson were signed by who?  Please remind me...not Val!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #406 on: December 03, 2021, 09:42:03 AM »

Hugill has scored most of his career goals getting on the end of crosses which are pretty non existent at the moment.

Diangana, Grant and Robinson were signed by who?  Please remind me...not Val!

All we do is get the ball wide and cross it in! That's part of the problem.  Having watched Hugill play I seriously doubt he got all his goals from banging in headers.  He's slow and doesn't anticipate anything.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #407 on: December 03, 2021, 09:53:13 AM »
All we do is get the ball wide and cross it in! That's part of the problem.  Having watched Hugill play I seriously doubt he got all his goals from banging in headers.  He's slow and doesn't anticipate anything.

Totally agree. Watch him closely when a cross goes into the box and he's nowhere near the right areas to be in.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #408 on: December 03, 2021, 11:51:52 AM »
Only speed read the thread but it makes for more depressing viewing than Friday night did. We weren't great by any means yet still had enough chances to win. Anyone doubting that needs to watch the highlights even if they'd rather not.

They're not very long so won't take up too much of anyone's time. So traditionally we're a Cup team and now it appears we're a highlights team. At least we didn't lose as the .com servers would have blown. Always look on the bright side of life  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.