Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 471856 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #2150 on: January 26, 2022, 11:16:03 PM »
Back to being garbage tonight.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2151 on: January 27, 2022, 12:39:53 AM »
Back to being garbage tonight.

par for the course - offers nothing, couldn't captain a toy boat.

People can continue to think I was over the line if they want but I stand by my comment from a couple of weeks ago that was removed - further vinidcated today by another users post on the Val topic this evening.

Big ego, big wages, drain on the club both physically and financially - the sooner we are shot of this parasite the better. Please leave.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2152 on: January 27, 2022, 12:51:35 AM »
par for the course - offers nothing, couldn't captain a toy boat.

People can continue to think I was over the line if they want but I stand by my comment from a couple of weeks ago that was removed - further vinidcated today by another users post on the Val topic this evening.

Big ego, big wages, drain on the club both physically and financially - the sooner we are shot of this parasite the better. Please leave.

Only 18 more months now Val's constant selection of him has triggered his extension

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2153 on: January 27, 2022, 01:05:22 AM »
I wonder how much better the side would have looked at Championship level minus JL ? That goes for our previous  2 seasons prior to promotion as well .

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2154 on: January 27, 2022, 01:16:57 AM »
Can I take it for granted he won't be winning this week's Man of the Match then? Only that's the vibe I'm getting. Wouldn't wish to influence anyone's vote when the fairce o' Sandwell does his poll (dancing  :o ) thing........  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2155 on: January 27, 2022, 04:33:10 AM »
Not much you can do in the middle of the park when the ball is being hammered upfield over your head.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2156 on: January 27, 2022, 05:31:48 AM »
Not much you can do in the middle of the park when the ball is being hammered upfield over your head.

Livermore never demands the ball and hides because he knows his distribution is poor.

The likes of Bartley have no choice but to lump it.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2157 on: January 29, 2022, 04:55:07 PM »
Did he work really hard today?

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2158 on: January 29, 2022, 04:55:42 PM »
Sounds like Livermore has had a barrage of abuse after going near the fans at full time. Morrison and the kit man have has to console him, radio saying he looks a bit upset (Val had already ****** off down the tunnel as he does when we lose).

Sad to see in a sense, but after seeing off something like 6 managers in a short space of time now, Livermore is at the heart of so many of our issues and I hope the next manager gives him the Allardyce treatment and makes him a bit part player now.

Time to reinvigorate our central midfield with the next manager.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 10:12:42 AM by LiamTheBaggie »
Boing Boing

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2159 on: January 29, 2022, 04:56:04 PM »

Harder than Mowatt that's for sure.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2160 on: January 29, 2022, 04:56:29 PM »

Their first goal, set piece and he was ball watching let their goal scorer run off the back of him. Having done the same thing and got away with it five minutes earlier. He also successfully wrestled a few of their players to the ground in the first half and miss placed several passes. Standard rubbish from him.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2161 on: January 29, 2022, 04:57:19 PM »
Their first goal, set piece and he was ball watching let their goal scorer run off the back of him. Having done the same thing and got away with it five minutes earlier. He also successfully wrestled a few of their players to the ground in the first half and miss placed several passes. Standard rubbish from him.

Ignore all that. Apparently he’s a “really nice bloke”.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2162 on: January 29, 2022, 05:01:44 PM »

Watch the first goal again.  He was marking the guy inside, when it dropped to the back post he was the only guy to react and try and get a block.  The question should be 'who let their man go?'. I'm not 100% but it looked like Mowatt from the replay but the camera angle was tight.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2163 on: January 29, 2022, 05:03:13 PM »
Watch the first goal again.  He was marking the guy inside, when it dropped to the back post he was the only guy to react and try and get a block.  The question should be 'who let their man go?'. I'm not 100% but it looked like Mowatt from the replay but the camera angle was tight.

Livermore was the bloke who should have been back post marking him, he let him go, moved inside, reacted too late, and couldn't stop the shot. Also ball watching and relying on an offside. Nobody else around to mark their goalscorer, exactly the same carbon copy situation happened five minutes earlier.

Should also be said that Furlong gave away the needless free kick, with a typically stupid and needless challenge.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2164 on: January 29, 2022, 05:04:28 PM »
Shown up for what he is today- a poor player even at this level. The Dutch ex bluenose in midfield for them was a very linited player but was made to look like clarence seedorf.

He won the ball back passed it 5 yards lost it. He booted it into the channel lost it. This system will never work if he is in the midfield 2.
O Albion we love you

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2165 on: January 29, 2022, 05:08:29 PM »
Can I nominate Jake for the worst huddle of the year award :) Since the inspiring speech against Peterborough we have lost 2 games and have put in the most abject performances seen for years  :D

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2166 on: January 29, 2022, 05:11:08 PM »
Livermore was the bloke who should have been back post marking him, he let him go, moved inside, reacted too late, and couldn't stop the shot. Also ball watching and relying on an offside. Nobody else around to mark their goalscorer, exactly the same carbon copy situation happened five minutes earlier.

Should also be said that Furlong gave away the needless free kick, with a typically stupid and needless challenge.

No, he shouldn't have been marking him, Livermore was picking up the same player at corners and he had him covered.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2167 on: January 29, 2022, 05:11:14 PM »
Can I nominate Jake for the worst huddle of the year award :) Since the inspiring speech against Peterborough we have lost 2 games and have put in the most abject performances seen for years  :D

You can't blame Jake for being picked all the time but you also can't blame the fans for having lost patience with him either. In a limited way I'm glad TGH wasn't thrown the wolves today in that mess of a team. Not the proper thread but special shoutout for Matt Phillips today - even by his own abject standards he found a new low of losing out on every challenge and giving the ball away at will.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2168 on: January 29, 2022, 05:11:45 PM »

It's not Jakes fault he gets picked to be fair. It's on Val.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2169 on: January 29, 2022, 05:19:26 PM »
It's not Jakes fault he gets picked to be fair. It's on Val.

It was a slight attempt to add some humour to a miserable day. We can't even do huddles well :)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2170 on: January 29, 2022, 05:20:02 PM »
It was a slight attempt to add some humour to a miserable day. We can't even do huddles well :)

Sorry mate i missed it. I appreciate you trying to life the mood, thanks  :)

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2171 on: January 29, 2022, 05:29:16 PM »
Sounds like Livermore has had a barrage of abuse after going near the fans at full time. Morrison and the kit man have has to console him, radio saying he looks a bit upset (Val had already f***** off down the tunnel as he does when we lose).

Sad to see in a sense, but after seeing off something like 6 managers in a short space of time now, Livermore is at the heart of so many of our issues and I hope the next manager gives him the Allardyce treatment and makes him a bit part player now.

Time to reinvigorate our central midfield with the next manager.

Got to laugh at this.

Only a fool would've approached the fans after that horror show.

He must really think he's playing well and deserves the shirt, bless.

Pelada

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2172 on: January 29, 2022, 08:13:58 PM »
I think what you’ll find is that you will see these “leadership” things from him because he isn’t contributing with much from a footballing perspective.

He works hard and battles but he fails at the first thing a midfielder should be doing in this system- offering himself for possession- and that is why we end up with the ugliest football we have seen here for quite some time- worse than Pulis and who thought we’d be saying that just a few seasons after he left?

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2173 on: January 29, 2022, 10:18:26 PM »
I think what you’ll find is that you will see these “leadership” things from him because he isn’t contributing with much from a footballing perspective.

He works hard and battles but he fails at the first thing a midfielder should be doing in this system- offering himself for possession- and that is why we end up with the ugliest football we have seen here for quite some time- worse than Pulis and who thought we’d be saying that just a few seasons after he left?

This sums it up well. His only contribution is to spend most of the game chatting to the ref and pointing his fingers at other players; alongside a few rash challenges to mask that he is too slow to keep up with the play when we don't have the ball and he goes into hiding when we do get it; only to play the wimpiest pass possible when he has to. Doesn't actually take any responsibility in a footballing sense, but does a pretend captain hardman routine pretty well. Everyone understands he is toffee on the ball. What he does well to mask is how bad he is defensively, too slow and old to get around the pitch. As somebody said on the matchday thread earlier, he made ex Birmingham midfielder Kieftenbeld look like Clarence Seedorf.

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2174 on: January 29, 2022, 10:26:26 PM »
This sums it up well. His only contribution is to spend most of the game chatting to the ref and pointing his fingers at other players; alongside a few rash challenges to mask that he is too slow to keep up with the play when we don't have the ball and he goes into hiding when we do get it; only to play the wimpiest pass possible when he has to. Doesn't actually take any responsibility in a footballing sense, but does a pretend captain hardman routine pretty well. Everyone understands he is toffee on the ball. What he does well to mask is how bad he is defensively, too slow and old to get around the pitch. As somebody said on the matchday thread earlier, he made ex Birmingham midfielder Kieftenbeld look like Clarence Seedorf.

I'm sure there are a collection of nebulous stats that make Livermore undroppable in the eyes of Ismael. 'Most middle third recoveries', 'most ground covered out of possession', 'best volume of sweat to maximum heart-rate ratio' or whatever passes for statistical football insight these days.

If he's fit, he'll play and we'll suffer through the low-rent captain, leader, legend act.