Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 471738 times)

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #2050 on: January 19, 2022, 09:00:05 AM »
Unless I'm getting it all wrong it's a clause that JL has triggered not the club.
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2022/01/19/west-brom-captain-jake-livermore-triggers-one-year-contract-extension/

Apparently, it's a clause in his contract that's automatically triggered based on number of appearances, which he passed some time ago.
Must be a slow news day.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2051 on: January 19, 2022, 09:01:38 AM »
If JL had an appearance based clause in his contract then that’s not really the current hierarchy’s fault. That’s on previous regimes. I imagine Dowling and the manager in situ that who signed him. Unless of course people think VI should have just bombed him out completely all season.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2052 on: January 19, 2022, 09:02:22 AM »
He shouldn't have had an option to trigger in the first place.
Agreed I only hope he becomes an expensive bench-warmer next season and doesn't stop us from replacing him in the team.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2053 on: January 19, 2022, 09:09:45 AM »
If JL had an appearance based clause in his contract then that’s not really the current hierarchy’s fault. That’s on previous regimes. I imagine Dowling and the manager in situ that who signed him. Unless of course people think VI should have just bombed him out completely all season.

Yeah it's a Dowling special. He was appointed SEP 2018 and deal given to JL in December 2018 when JL was already 29.

Insane.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2054 on: January 19, 2022, 09:12:00 AM »
Yeah it's a Dowling special. He was appointed SEP 2018 and deal given to JL in December 2018 when JL was already 29.

Insane.

Insane indeed.

We can blame the old regime for Livermore but it's the new regime that gave Phillips a new contract.

I repeat - will we ever learn? Next up Bartley I expect or maybe Sawyers.

If Sawyers and Livermore are ambling about in our midfield next season whichever manager is in charge I will not rest until he's gone.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 09:15:37 AM by Atomic »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2055 on: January 19, 2022, 09:12:21 AM »

Insane.

Dowling and Darren Moore.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2056 on: January 19, 2022, 09:15:40 AM »
Dowling and Darren Moore.

Shame on them both.

At 29 I could see a 2 year deal not a 4+1.

Insane indeed.

We can blame the old regime for Livermore but it's the new regime that gave Phillips a new contract.

I repeat - will we ever learn? Next up Bartley I expect.

Lai is a terrible owner but refusing to let go of old payers is something that has been going on for decades here. It's so weird.

Hasn't Bartley just signed an extension? Or do you mean another one.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2057 on: January 19, 2022, 09:17:17 AM »
Shame on them both.

At 29 I could see a 2 year deal not a 4+1.

Lai is a terrible owner but refusing to let go of old payers is something that has been going on for decades here. It's so weird.

Hasn't Bartley just signed an extension? Or do you mean another one.

He's out of contract in 2023 I believe.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2058 on: January 19, 2022, 09:23:22 AM »
He's out of contract in 2023 I believe.

That's where it should end as well but he'd 'only' be 32 in the boards eyes so probably get himself a few more years.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2059 on: January 19, 2022, 09:28:22 AM »
To be honest I woke up feeling like I couldn't be bothered with anything today but the news in this thread got my blood pumping for a bit  ;D

Got to love the Albion.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2060 on: January 19, 2022, 09:28:59 AM »
This place is going up in flames when they announce Jake's testimonial. I can imagine a certain former poster in the St Helen's area is currently birthing multiple kittens......  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2061 on: January 19, 2022, 09:33:10 AM »
This place is going up in flames when they announce Jake's testimonial. I can imagine a certain former poster in the St Helen's area is currently birthing multiple kittens......  ;D .

He'd offer Brunt a new deal given the opportunity.  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2062 on: January 19, 2022, 09:35:10 AM »

I want to laugh but for the Albion it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2063 on: January 19, 2022, 09:40:40 AM »
Hey zippy&bungle, ive never suggested that we sign 'nice people' players and never would. The only possible benefit for his 1year extension is as cover at cb, no other position at all.
Hes not a fool is he?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2064 on: January 19, 2022, 10:11:09 AM »
Who the hell gives a midfielder coming to the end of his career a 1 year extension on top of the 4 guaranteed???

We have some buffoons running this club.
Probably negotiating a new 3 year contract as we speak.
I think they see him like the ravens at the Tower of London. If they let him leave the entire ground will crumble to dust.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2065 on: January 19, 2022, 10:14:14 AM »
Probably negotiating a new 3 year contract as we speak.
I think they see him like the ravens at the Tower of London. If they let him leave the entire ground will crumble to dust.

I just can't understand the logic behind it. Not Jakes fault of course, i bet he couldn't believe his luck.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2066 on: January 19, 2022, 10:22:36 AM »
Mr 100% every game. Not very good like ALL our players it seems, but always meets the absolute minimum criteria of giving his best. Many of our players should be bloody ashamed to collect their wages each week for their pathetic efforts.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2067 on: January 19, 2022, 10:48:42 AM »
Another woeful player that I will have to endure for a further season at the very least  :-X

I am finding myself extremely close to giving up on my club which is quite frightening. There is just nothing I like about it currently, behind the scenes, on the pitch, it is just completely rotten.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2068 on: January 19, 2022, 10:54:04 AM »
Another woeful player that I will have to endure for a further season at the very least  :-X

I am finding myself extremely close to giving up on my club which is quite frightening. There is just nothing I like about it currently, behind the scenes, on the pitch, it is just completely rotten.

I find myself falling out of love with it as well. I will always support them but my love is fading year by year since Lai took over.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 10:56:57 AM by gazberg »

bosh

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2069 on: January 19, 2022, 11:12:47 AM »
Phew. I was dreading him leaving for free this summer. At least now there will be the forthcoming bidding war from all the big sides for his services.  And that's one place for our midfield two sorted for the next 18 months. Heaven help us.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2070 on: January 19, 2022, 11:34:33 AM »
If we regularly play Livermore next season, we'll be fighting relegation from the Championship.

I went to the U23s Monday night, and there's players who could do better.

Livermore is no longer a even a good Championship player.

What an utter shambles.

WBA is falling apart at the seams.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2071 on: January 19, 2022, 12:01:11 PM »
Pulis signed Jake in 2017 and it was, probably, during Darren Moore's watch that the new contract was issued and its not unusual for Albion to a have an extension clause, of some description, written into the deal to safeguard an asset whether we think he is an asset or not
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2072 on: January 19, 2022, 12:08:51 PM »

exactly, no good slagging off the incumbents for the idiocy of their predecessors
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2073 on: January 19, 2022, 12:12:16 PM »
Depending on the terms of the contract, with which I'm not familiar, if the extension was able to be activated by the player, you can hardly blame Jake, if however it was in the club's favour, you do wonder why club's do this with  30+ year olds inmost cases!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2074 on: January 19, 2022, 12:25:02 PM »
This is down to Ismael.  The 1 year extension is only triggered by a set no. of appearances.

Livermore is obviously "a big cheese" within the club.

Fair play, Allardyce stood up to him last season.  Maybe a lack of ambition, and retaining the likes of Livermore, dissuaded Allardyce from re-signing last Summer?

There are a number of midfielders better than Livermore at the club, but Ismael can't see it.

Hasn't Ismael said that if he's fit he plays?